Clarkrange @ Cumberland County

sanders_4

CCHS has the most noxious student/fan base I have ever been associated with. The real fans that sit on the Crossville side are great fans. They yell and support their team in a professional manner. The obnoxs that take up most of the visitor side of the gym and harrass the visiting fans by their attitudes (you are not supposed to be in my gym) should be required to sit somewhere else. Last year at one game I saw the police go over to keep the peace. This is more than team support. It is harrasing the opposing team parents and fan base. I am one fan that is glad I will never be back at Crossville to play another game.

I think the students at CCHS are very passionate about supporting our teams. I'd love to respond to the comment "you are not suppose to be in our gym." I personally think the students are just returning the favor for the way we are treated when we go to Clarkrange. Just so happens that last year a not so pleasant ADULT fan from Clarkrange made his way at half time into the seat where I had been sitting during the game. When I returned he turned to the people sitting beside him and said "I guess they don't know who I am or where they are" as if we should get up and move just because he showed up late and wanted a seat. When we made the trip to Clarkrange this year we decided to leave our younger child at home because of the nasty way we were treated last year. I've never had to do that ANYWHERE else. So please give our students a break! They love their team as obviously the buffalo fans love theirs. This should be a great game tonight. Let's enjoy the ballgame and not talk up any more problems. This was in no way intended to reflect badly against everyone at Clarkrange only to respond to the negative comments written about our students.

There are lots of very passionate fans there just like at CCHS.

GO JETS AND LADY JETS!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the students at CCHS are very passionate about supporting our teams. I'd love to respond to the comment "you are not suppose to be in our gym." I personally think the students are just returning the favor for the way we are treated when we go to Clarkrange. Just so happens that last year a not so pleasant ADULT fan from Clarkrange made his way at half time into the seat where I had been sitting during the game. When I returned he turned to the people sitting beside him and said "I guess they don't know who I am or where they are" as if we should get up and move just because he showed up late and wanted a seat. When we made the trip to Clarkrange this year we decided to leave our younger child at home because of the nasty way we were treated last year. I've never had to do that ANYWHERE else. So please give our students a break! They love their team as obviously the buffalo fans love theirs. This should be a great game tonight. Let's enjoy the ballgame and not talk up any more problems. This was in no way intended to reflect badly against everyone at Clarkrange only to respond to the negative comments written about our students.

There are lots of very passionate fans there just like at CCHS.

GO JETS AND LADY JETS!!!!!

Did you read the part about the good fans? I do not mean all the fans or all the students are obnoxious. There are a select few who are not considerate of anyone else at every ballgame or any other sporting event. However in most cases it is restricted by some authority figure, either the school staff or the fans if it is known about. At your gym it is not restricted at all and matter of fact is encouraged even by the school authorities. The school principal was ask last year to calm them down but they said they could do nothing. I am not ridiculing CCHS but only stating a fact as I see it. Some of the students in the cheering section get out of control.

I agree that this game could turn out to be a great game. Let this or other posts not take away from the fact that CCHS and CHS have two of the top girls basketball teams from the top of the mountain. CCHS has a great team and I for one would like to see them go all the way. I look forward to seeing them in the Boro whether we make it or not. Obviously I hope we also make it and can if we do not have some mental lapse at some point. This is not about the schools or the players. This is about a few people that make it hard on fans to enjoy the game. This is not about CHS only but I have seen it happen at other games as well.

Good luck to both teams as they try to make it to the ultimate.!!!

Did you read the part about the good fans? I do not mean all the fans or all the students are obnoxious. There are a select few who are not considerate of anyone else at every ballgame or any other sporting event. However in most cases it is restricted by some authority figure, either the school staff or the fans if it is known about. At your gym it is not restricted at all and matter of fact is encouraged even by the school authorities. The school principal was ask last year to calm them down but they said they could do nothing. I am not ridiculing CCHS but only stating a fact as I see it. Some of the students in the cheering section get out of control.

I agree that this game could turn out to be a great game. Let this or other posts not take away from the fact that CCHS and CHS have two of the top girls basketball teams from the top of the mountain. CCHS has a great team and I for one would like to see them go all the way. I look forward to seeing them in the Boro whether we make it or not. Obviously I hope we also make it and can if we do not have some mental lapse at some point. This is not about the schools or the players. This is about a few people that make it hard on fans to enjoy the game. This is not about CHS only but I have seen it happen at other games as well.

Good luck to both teams as they try to make it to the ultimate.!!!

Just so happens that we have a new princiapal at CCHS as of about a week ago. I don't know what was said by our principal last year but I can assure that it is a complete different circumstance at the present. I know that Janet Graham, CCHS new principal will make sure that no student is allowed to get "out of control" I know the students will be very hyped up tonight, but I would hope that they are not disrespectful. You must understand that tonights game is the last game in a long history of CCHS basketball. This is the last time all of our students will be at one high school here in Cumberland County. That in itself will be very emotional for most involved. But, I would suggest that if you feel there is a problem you would let one of our faculty know. I can't speak for how things were handled in the past. I feel sure the staff this year will handle the matter differently. Looking forward to tonight. Should be a couple of good games.

Just so happens that we have a new princiapal at CCHS as of about a week ago. I don't know what was said by our principal last year but I can assure that it is a complete different circumstance at the present. I know that Janet Graham, CCHS new principal will make sure that no student is allowed to get "out of control" I know the students will be very hyped up tonight, but I would hope that they are not disrespectful. You must understand that tonights game is the last game in a long history of CCHS basketball. This is the last time all of our students will be at one high school here in Cumberland County. That in itself will be very emotional for most involved. But, I would suggest that if you feel there is a problem you would let one of our faculty know. I can't speak for how things were handled in the past. I feel sure the staff this year will handle the matter differently. Looking forward to tonight. Should be a couple of good games.

Congrats to whomever wins because if they win they deserve it. Both exeellent teams!!!!!

Dem Lady Jets going to tear up the floor tonight Ladies and Gentleman! Casha Foster, Jennifer Hood, Lauren Elmore......game over!!! It's Senior Night in Crossvegas and all (I mean ALL) the Students will be goin crazy!!

It is going to be a fun night to be a CCHS Fan.

Like my good buddy Radiojet said, Hey Buffalo Heads, its going to get even louder at the home of the Blue and Gold!!!!

Das right Ladies and Gents. Both the Lady Jets and the Jets won tonight! Crossville is where I'm from, where I lay my head at night, and where I party, and I am proud to say that we beat em'

It's not sayin much though, Clarkrange isn't exactly top notch competition. :lol::lol:

Clarkrange isn't exactly top notch competition???? I sure don't think they could have handled any better competition.If I'm not mistaking it was 49 to 49 with 49 with 49 seconds,and Crossvillle pulled out to win by 4.

Das right Ladies and Gents. Both the Lady Jets and the Jets won tonight! Crossville is where I'm from, where I lay my head at night, and where I party, and I am proud to say that we beat em'

It's not sayin much though, Clarkrange isn't exactly top notch competition. :lol::lol:

hmmmm don't reckon them jets are either considering lady jets only won by 4 on their own court and only won by 6 on c-range court so don't realy think you got much right to be bragging, put em on a nutral court and them someone might have bragging rights, so untill that happens i think both teams are pretty much equal.

hmmmm don't reckon them jets are either considering lady jets only won by 4 on their own court and only won by 6 on c-range court so don't realy think you got much right to be bragging, put em on a nutral court and them someone might have bragging rights, so untill that happens i think both teams are pretty much equal.

not much competition how many gold balls do the lady jets have, have they ever even been to state as a particiapant ( foolish remark )almost as foolish as your

school officials allowing your student section to sit adjoining the vistors fans .thats

disrespectful I don't care whose school it is.Just asking for trouble.

Edited by senator

Only joking people, only joking. Clarkrange has a very...manly Lady Buffalo team and they gave the Lady Jets a lot of trouble. It was a great game that was a nail bitter. The guys game was pretty fun to watch too. #15 for Clarkrange was all over the court but the Jets found a way to stop him. I am glad we won and I wish Clarkrange the best on the rest of their schedule.

As for the comment on the Student Section seating at CCHS, where do you think we should sit. On the other side of the Gym we have season ticket holders, and their is no way that the students will be any higher up. It's fine the way it is.