Preseason Top AAA Teams

play2live

Thank you everyone that made peaceful conversation. This is what I have gathered and some of my own personal opinion. Top 11 teams heading into the scrimmages (I will do one more after scrimmages, based on opinions and other things, but not the result).

1)Brentwood (won it last year, will compete again)

2)Hendersonville (Kelly is not their entire team)

3)Bearden (noone complained with my last ranking of them)

4)Blackman (everyone complained that they should be higher)

5)Houston (think they could surprise some people and definitely have a good chance for state)

6)Farragut (I still say they will be good...I've seen their jv teams beat top teams varsity)

7)Oak Ridge (have to respect their talent)

8)Clarksville (I'm telling you they will be good this year again)

9)Rossview (I look forward to their district battle with Clarksville...should be interesting and hard fought)

10)Riverdale (I don't know much about them, but highly ranked amongst others)

11)McMinn County (they score...can their opponent?)

Obviously, this means absolutely nothing. Therefore, please don't yell at me because your team is not on here. Prove that you should be when the real season starts (scrimmages mean nothing).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i disagree with most of you on this one. Brentwood lost 8 starters. i think it will be hard for them this year. Hendersonville is a great team even withought Kelly. Ravenwood will not have a chance winning. Farragut is always a good team.

1 Hendersonville

2 Farragut

3 Blackman

4 Oak Ridge

5 Brentwood

6 Houston

7 Bearden

Brentwood has lost large numbers of starters the past couple years and have always come back strong. I'm also going to say that it isn't right that Blackman is that high. They have, in my mind, the easiest road to state and will probably make it. They may finish high again, but last year they were definately not the 3rd best team in the state. Also, I think some people are going to underestimate Hendersonville without Kelly. I played and lost to them without Kelly, they have plenty more talent and I don't think they lost too many seniors.

region 4 will be tough this year blackman has the best team and is the most experience they very good defensively but is not a goal scoring machine like riverdale is they probably would have won the region last spring if not for having to forfeit shane rollins is a great goal scorer(36 in 05) i think shelbyville is the district 8 they finished off the year stong they also have some very good freshman this year in about 2 they could be a deadly team tullahoma lost alot of kids last year last time i talked to coach chadwick he said he didn't know what he would have this year he was also still disappointed at the way last season ended most of the started went to a awards banquet and missed practice the night before the region semi vs cookville he felt that his team wasn't fully prepared to face cookville

region 4 will be tough this year blackman has the best team and is the most experience they very good defensively but is not a goal scoring machine like riverdale is they probably would have won the region last spring if not for having to forfeit shane rollins is a great goal scorer(36 in 05) i think shelbyville is the district 8 they finished off the year stong they also have some very good freshman this year in about 2 they could be a deadly team tullahoma lost alot of kids last year last time i talked to coach chadwick he said he didn't know what he would have this year he was also still disappointed at the way last season ended most of the started went to a awards banquet and missed practice the night before the region semi vs cookville he felt that his team wasn't fully prepared to face cookville

The hardest thing for Blackman and the rest of district 7aaa will be making it out of the district. I think after that it will be a little easier. In 7aaa there are 4 possible teams that could go to the region in Blackman, Riverdale, Cookeville, and Warren County. Also, lets not forget that Cookeville went down to Mcminn Co. for the sectionals with only juniors, sophmores, and freshmen and held Mcminn 0-0 for seventy minutes before losing 3-0. Furthermore lets not forget that Blackman lost their goalkeeper and sweeper from last years team, but I am sure that Coach Vice will have that defense ready to play. And Riverdale, well i am sure that they will be ready due to what happened last year. So, i guess i am saying it is not going to be easy for anyone to get out of district 7aaa.

Oh and do you now when/where the preseason polls are?