Cheatham Co. vs Creek Wood

Guest catfish-hunter

Guest catfish-hunter

Outside of the Harpeth-Sycamore clash on Friday night there will not be two bigger games played than the Creek Wood-Cheatham Co. home & home games on Monday and Tuesday night. Cheatham Co. currently sits at #4 in District 11AA at 5-6 overall and Creek Wood is just a half game back at 4-6. These two teams would love to stay in these two spots come district tournament time because they do not want to see Sycamore or Harpeth until the later rounds.

The first of these two crucial games will be played tomorrow night at Cheatham Co. With a win the Cubs secure a spot in the #4 vs #5 opening round matchup once the District Tournament begins.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of the Harpeth-Sycamore clash on Friday night there will not be two bigger games played than the Creek Wood-Cheatham Co. home & home games on Monday and Tuesday night. Cheatham Co. currently sits at #4 in District 11AA at 5-6 overall and Creek Wood is just a half game back at 4-6. These two teams would love to stay in these two spots come district tournament time because they do not want to see Sycamore or Harpeth until the later rounds.

The first of these two crucial games will be played tomorrow night at Cheatham Co. With a win the Cubs secure a spot in the #4 vs #5 opening round matchup once the District Tournament begins.

My guess is that they will split these games, they will win their home games. The only bad thing about Cheatham is if they are on they are on if they are not they are not.

yeah, i know i was talkin about what would happen at the end of the year if both cheatham and Creek Wood were tied. i just want to know what the tiebreaker would be.

In the case of a tie where the two teams split, the tiebreaker goes to how each team did against the other teams starting with the number 1 seed. If both teams records are the same against all of the other teams then it goes to a coin toss.

If both teams are tied at the end of the year, then it goes to head to head. If they split, then it goes to how they fared against the top teams starting at #1. Since, Creekwood and Cheatham didn't beat Sycamore then it goes to the #2 seed. The #2 seed is Harpeth, in which Cheatham lost both times and Creekwood beat once at home. Therefore, Creekwood would be #4 because they fared better against Harpeth. (This is not to say that Harpeth won't finish #1, I'm just using this as of standings right now! :thumb: ) Which most people will say that it doesn't matter if they come in 4th or 5th because they will play each other anyway, but it does, because the higher seed gets a home game for the opening round. So, in all actuallity, these games are huge for both teams!

Guest catfish-hunter

If these two teams do indeed split does it really matter who is #4 and who is #5?????????? NO!!! They are going to be playing in the opening round of the District Tournament for a chance to go to the Regional Tournament anyway :thumb:

BTW, I see Cheatham winning both games.

If these two teams do indeed split does it really matter who is #4 and who is #5?????????? NO!!! They are going to be playing in the opening round of the District Tournament for a chance to go to the Regional Tournament anyway :thumb:

BTW, I see Cheatham winning both games.

If you believe it's an advantage to play at home, it means a lot. The format has changed this year for the District tournament. The first round games will all be played on the higher seeded teams home floor. The semi-finals, consolations and finals will then be played at Stewart County. So the 4 versus 5 seed will be important.

BTW, I think the format change is good. Besides rewarding the higher seeds with a home game, it should allow more people to attend the games and provide later start times preventing teams from playing as early as 4:00 p.m. Anyone know which days they will play these games? Girls on one day, boys on another?? Semis and finals on??

If you believe it's an advantage to play at home, it means a lot. The format has changed this year for the District tournament. The first round games will all be played on the higher seeded teams home floor. The semi-finals, consolations and finals will then be played at Stewart County. So the 4 versus 5 seed will be important.

BTW, I think the format change is good. Besides rewarding the higher seeds with a home game, it should allow more people to attend the games and provide later start times preventing teams from playing as early as 4:00 p.m. Anyone know which days they will play these games? Girls on one day, boys on another?? Semis and finals on??

2/16 girls 1st round

2/17 boys 1st round

2/18 semi's

2/20 finals & consolations