Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 3 3A Powell will be strong. Central would be my pick for the two spot. Karns good senior pitcher has left the team, Senior 2b not playing, lots of questions. Halls, lot of problems who knows. West moves to this district this season.

District 4 3A Heritage is the team to beat , if they can stay consistent. Maryville, Farragut, and William Blount dog fight for second place. Lenior City moves to this district to take West's place.

District 3 2A Gibbs, good young team last year, even better this year. Alcoa will give them a run for their money. Alcoa lost a senior pitcher ,gained a good freshman pitcher and several other good freshman players. Seymour , another good young team should also be improved this season. Could be real close this year between these three......

JMO, feel free to agree or disagree

District 3 3A Powell will be strong. Central would be my pick for the two spot. Karns good senior pitcher has left the team, Senior 2b not playing, lots of questions. Halls, lot of problems who knows. West moves to this district this season.

District 4 3A Heritage is the team to beat , if they can stay consistent. Maryville, Farragut, and William Blount dog fight for second place. Lenior City moves to this district to take West's place.

District 3 2A Gibbs, good young team last year, even better this year. Alcoa will give them a run for their money. Alcoa lost a senior pitcher ,gained a good freshman pitcher and several other good freshman players. Seymour , another good young team should also be improved this season. Could be real close this year between these three......

JMO, feel free to agree or disagree

How many players did Alcoa lose from last years team....

That would be Powell and Karns in 3a. If your counting Maryville as a Knoxville team they may win the 3a State. Gibbs will be tops in 2a with Alcoa a close second. Knoxville will have some good teams going to state this year.

maryville win state? that is a prediction that im pretty sure is not going to happen. this years season is pretty much up in the air. there are no shoe ins and a lot of teams in knoxville may surprise some people.

I'll take a guess....

AAA - It is Powell's until they get knocked off....returning both quality pitchers (Broyles and Sutphin) and the majority of a team that made it to state last year. Central will be much more dangerous this year..adding a little offense to one of the best strikeout pitchers in the state (Irwin). Karns will once again need improved pitching to get over the hump in a tough district and region....but probably has the most talent of any Knoxville team...especially the left side of the infield (Blosser and Ogg). Bearden will fall from the ranks of the contenders with the loss of Sally, but best of luck Amanda. Maryville will not be able to overcome the loss of Giles despite the play of Little and Melton. Don't know much about WB this year, but always a contender. Heritage was a GOOD young team last year and may ride Fagg's (sp) arm to a region or substate birth. Farragut...well they just win every year, regardless what everyone says or thinks, and have to be a favorite for at least a region birth. I hear Halls lost their best players due to a vindictive (kindly put) coach and will likely not contend. I hope he gets what he asked for! Lenior City moving up w/o Vaughn and Oak Ridge without the pitcher (forgot the name), will have a hard year. South Doyle...I don't know, is the speedy pitcher back? Campbell, Clinton, Sevier County and West.....good luck but it doesn't look good.

Top 4 AAA (Knoxville) - Powell, Central, Karns (only 2 of these move on), Farragut

District 3 champs - Powell, Central

District 4 champs - Farragut, Heritage

AA - I talked smack last year about Gibbs...won't make that mistake again....Gibbs is the reigning AA Knoxville champ until someone has the guts to take it from them! Alcoa, I have only 2 words....Brittany Holifield...nuff said. Seymour lost 9 games all last year....6 of those were to district rivals Gibbs and Alcoa. They return a quality junior pitcher and a hungary bunch of underclassmen....may get over the hump this year (lets hope). Carter returns a good soph pitcher and may give some trouble. Fulton will battle for 5th in district and AE will pad the stats for the other District 3 teams. Kingston was a suprisingly good team last year, and I expect them to be better this year. Newcomer CAK is the odds on favorite for District 4. Anderson Co should battle for 2nd. Loudon, Scott and Catholic....round out the region without much of a fight.

Top 4 AA (Knoxville) - Gibbs, Alcoa, Seymour (only 2 of these move on), CAK

District 3 champs - Gibbs, Seymour (sorry TNT, I can't vote against family and

won't vote against Carol again!)

District 4 champs- CAK, Kingston

Don't know enough about Class A to comment intellegently....so I will pass.

Comments?

Coach 23,

Pretty good analysis. I thought Alcoa should have gone to State with Gibbs last year. They would have faired alot better than Unicoi county. I expect them to give Gibbs a run for the money this year. Powell is strong again, but they need to peak at the end of the year. Maryville went to state last year with a young team. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back. I think the Knoxville area has better teams this year than last year. I can't wait to see how all the changes in classifications effects each district. There may be some surprises.