Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) Sounds about right to me rSquared.... I know the lady when I see her, just can't recall her name. I'm sure ladyadmiral knows. I was looking at your schedule rSquared, looks like a fun season for you folks. Good Luck..!!

Yes, VTEC, it is a pretty full schedule and will hopefully prove to be a fun one. It will most assuredly be a CHALLENGING one for us! We kick it off with 5 practices, 5 cage sessions, 5 games and a full day at the Disney theme parks our opening week (Mar. 13-17th). Our girls are giving up their Spring Break week to make the trip, but I don't think many of them feel like they're having to make too big a "sacrifice" if ya know what I mean!

Last year we made this trip, but it was almost a month earlier during the preseason, so the games didn't figure in our won-loss record. This time they will.

We've also added a trip to Kingsport to play in the Eastman Invitational Tournament, which as you know sports a very tough field. We know we're in way over our heads, but we're hoping the exposure and experience will pay dividends down the line for our program.

We've also added some non-district/non-region opponents to our schedule so that we can get the added benefits of more game experience and seeing some opponents/programs we've never seen.

How are things working out at WB with the new coach??? ;)

Does WB have a softball team website at eteamz or anywhere online?

---rSquared

Nope, I'm not (head coach) Lance Lay. He's much younger and better looking, while I'm just the brains of the operation---the assistant. :D

I'm not listed on the TSSAA website (the school actually needs to update it to include several changes that have been made in the last year or two), though I have been at Union Co. for two years now. This is just my sixth season in softball (3 as a head coach and 3 as an asst.), but I have 8 years experience as a head baseball coach.

Where are you from, or what school are you affiliated with mcdonaldr115? B)

You aren't the real Ronald McDonald are you? :D

---rSquared

Where are you from, or what school are you affiliated with mcdonaldr115? ;)

You aren't the real Ronald McDonald are you? ;)

---rSquared

mcdonald was my high school, in another state.

i am interested in softball because of my daughter.

she played in the knoxville area several years ago.

Edited by mcdonaldr115

Any good jamborees/playdays going on in Knoxville? If so when, where and who are the teams anyone know. I'd like to go watch the Powell team that alot of people have picked to be the best team in Knoxville. Is there anyone in Knox County this year that can compete with Chattanooga.

Playday this week Friday and Saturday at Powell Levi.

Scheduled games:

Friday 24th

6:00 Powell vs Lenoir City / Central vs Morristown East

7:15 Morrisistown East vs Sweetwater / Central vs Lenior City

8:30 Karns vs Sweetwater / Powell vs Morristowm East

Sat 25th

10:00 Central vs Farragut / West vs Lenoir City

11:15 West vs Farragut / Karns vs Morristown East

12:30 Central vs Sweetwater / Karns vs Lenior City

1:45 Powell vs Farragut / West vs Morristown East

3:00 Powell vs Sweetwater / Karns vs Farragut