Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

Knoxville Softball is more evenly now than they have ever been b/c of all the girls we have played travel ball or league ball, again compare to travel ball, High School softball does not compare to the competition level per team that travel ball does.

I have not seen Halls play they can not say, I can say they did lose alot of key players when they did not make/or tryout for the team. We will have to wait and see what they have to offer.

Powell has a good team, at this time they are down to one pitcher, which she is holding her own and doing well watched her pitch this past weekend. Great Job Heather.

I think Powell will prevail in their district again this year if they get their other pitcher back. Gibbs I think will prevail having to try to hold off a solid Alcoa and Seymour.

Concerning the Halls players that did not make the team.........The only tryouts that Halls had was for the fall team which is an illegal tryout according to TSSAA and the cuts were made by the high school coach which again is illegal according to TSSAA and admitted by the high school principal. As far as tryouts.......none have been offered since the illegal tryouts were held in August.

What happened to the other pitcher for Powell? Why are they down to only 1?

Edited by devsrev

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree softballmom11. Did your daughter play at willowcreek some? I think I might know you. B)

No my daughter played @ Holston and Travel Ball, But the girls in high school are coming by with more talent than ever seen before, the pitches are al-together good and the catchers are all good, they are along the same level of play.

My daughter played for Thunder.

The situation with Halls I do not now I just now they are short some very awesome girls that are not on the team.

Powell lost a pitcher due (not sure for how long) to grades and attendance issues.

Why would the Halls coach drop out of a local tournament? No confidence in his team, or in his coaching abilities?

It's a great tourney to be in, many teams that went to state last year will be in it. To become a better team, you have to play a quality schedule (think lady vols hoops!).

Probably a combination from what I hear. Rumor has it that is was said Halls only has a JV team because vendicitive parents took all of the good players. I know alot of those players and parents and they weren't the vendictive ones. :thumb: In which the 2 that would have been seniors this year have signed scholorships due to the hard work of thier summer team coaches. ;) I have noticed the annual rivalry between Gibbs and Halls is no more this year. Why would that game be dropped from the schedule I wonder. Farragut doesn't grace thier schedule either. I agree to be better you need a quality schedule! The Lady Vols Hoops is a great example!

I think too, in order to get better you have to play better teams, even if you get beat! So is that all Halls has is a JV team? I thought they only had a varsity?!

I look forward to watching Gibbs and Central this year, I think both teams will be contenders to go to the state. Central just added a player from Halls who is going to help them not only defensively but a strong offensive leader. Gibbs added a Halls player who will definately help them get even stronger. Good luck girls and make us proud!

:unsure:

Powell lost a pitcher due (not sure for how long) to grades and attendance issues.

Why would the Halls coach drop out of a local tournament? No confidence in his team, or in his coaching abilities?

It's a great tourney to be in, many teams that went to state last year will be in it. To become a better team, you have to play a quality schedule (think lady vols hoops!).

Powell picture should be back soon after spring break. Not sure of the time table.

This season is starting out strange with the different levels of teams. It is either good or bad, not many mid-range teams. Knoxville looks like it has around 10 teams that can play. It'll be interesting to see who gets hot after spring break.

Powell picture should be back soon after spring break. Not sure of the time table.

This season is starting out strange with the different levels of teams. It is either good or bad, not many mid-range teams. Knoxville looks like it has around 10 teams that can play. It'll be interesting to see who gets hot after spring break.

If the Powell pitcher is out due to grades and attendance, how can she be back shortly after spring break? If there are grade issues there are still several weeks left in the grading period. If there are attendance issuses how does that get taken care of shortly after spring break? Sorry, I just don't understand.

I've not seen halls play yet, but heard it's unbelievably bad. no leadership, no coaching, no upperclassmen. I heard that one has xferred to Central and one to Gibbs and the other 10 or so from last year's team choose not to play for the coach. I did see them play last year and they had talent. Also heard from a halls parent that the schedule is xtremely easy except for district games. I think halls will have trouble with anyone decent.

I've not seen halls play yet, but heard it's unbelievably bad. no leadership, no coaching, no upperclassmen. I heard that one has xferred to Central and one to Gibbs and the other 10 or so from last year's team choose not to play for the coach. I did see them play last year and they had talent. Also heard from a halls parent that the schedule is xtremely easy except for district games. I think halls will have trouble with anyone decent.

I think people should mind their own business. Powell,Karns,Halls and Central are still the top 4 teams in their district and like I said those other teams don't have that much more talent than Halls. Go Halls! <_<

Just in case you missed it the top 10 list just changed!

1-Halls

2-Powell

3-Alcoa

4-Karns

5-Central

6-William Blount

7-Farragut

8-Maryville

9-Heritage

10-GIBBS

I think people should mind their own business. Powell,Karns,Halls and Central are still the top 4 teams in their district and like I said those other teams don't have that much more talent than Halls. Go Halls! :thumb:

1-Halls

2-Powell

3-Alcoa

4-Karns

5-Central

6-William Blount

7-Farragut

8-Maryville

9-Heritage

10-GIBBS

Halls, Karns, Heritage and Alcoa ahead of GIBBS. You are joking, right?

Alcoa has NEVER beat Gibbs!

Hey YANK, if Halls has so much talent this year and will finish tops in Knox, Why did your coach pull out of the Gibbs tournament? It would be a great opportunity to showcase the team.

Many of the teams you have listed below Halls in your list will be there.

Every team you have listed will defeat Halls this year if Halls plays them.

Good Q about Powell pitcher returning after spring break, her rents grounded her during spring break. Will coaches welcome her back to the mound? Or will the long arm of the AD @ PHS keep her in the classroom?

Once again that is the Coach's decision. Maybe he is going for the element of suprise. Besides I would never question our coach's decision to not play the Gibbs tournament. They say Halls has played in it before so whats the big deal. With our leadership I still think Powell should watch out :thumb: I predict Halls 2 Powell 1.

Just my opinion. :thumb:

I think people should mind their own business. Powell,Karns,Halls and Central are still the top 4 teams in their district and like I said those other teams don't have that much more talent than Halls. Go Halls! :thumb:

1-Halls

2-Powell

3-Alcoa

4-Karns

5-Central

6-William Blount

7-Farragut

8-Maryville

9-Heritage

10-GIBBS

I would think since you seem to think this is no one's business but yours then you would keep you opinion to yourself. :angry: Everyone on this board knows how high school ball works, like I said before, you are probably a parent of a freshman and have not experienced a complete season. If you are a parent of a girl who has played then well I don't think you paid too much attention to what was going on around you. Halls has lost alot of credibility with the problems they are having and will continue to have if changes are not made. I think Central and Powell are still the top two teams in the district and if Karns can keep the errors down they will make it too close to call. As far as putting Gibbs at #10, did you know that they went to state last year, only had a few seniors on the team,(someone correct me if I am wrong) but they worked hard all last summer and will probably be stronger this year then they were last year.

You stated too that the only injury on the Halls team was the SS, if that is correct, then they should be just as strong without her if they are as good as you say. The last time I looked, there was no "i" in team! One player should not make such a huge difference, but this is JMO :thumb:

Once again that is the Coach's decision. Maybe he is going for the element of suprise. Besides I would never question our coach's decision to not play the Gibbs tournament. They say Halls has played in it before so whats the big deal. With our leadership I still think Powell should watch out :thumb: I predict Halls 2 Powell 1.

Just my opinion. :thumb:

Not to be mean but WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU SMOKIN!!!!! :angry:

Gettim Shadow01!!!