Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

Facts? I understand facts but what the heck are you talking about all district and all whatever....don't remember seeing that in the thread.

Facts? 2 sides to every story? Looks like that article above, that HHSYank listed, was very one sided.

everybody is so worried about halls and their problems everybody has problems. and yes their is 2 sides to every story you are just hearing one ask them to tell you about the other side 2 wrongs don't make a right. who knows about the district this year just have to wait and see. i heard that halls is having fun isn't that what it's all about. JUST PLAY BALL

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to get their facts straight about stats and being "all district tournament" and "all district." Everybody remember that there are 2 sides to every story. It's not the dog that has the loudest bark that always has the worse bite. I wouldn't count Halls out just yet. I've seen them play and u never know they might surprise some teams.

The dog that's been barking the loudest has a Halls name attached. I believe that most people are saying it will hard to win the distrist with the problems Halls had in the off season.

Score update: Central 2 Powell 0

Irwin pitched a 1 hitter. Central defence looked solid. Powell made several E's.

If Irwin gets a lead she's as good as anybody in the state. Congrats to Central

The only problem @ Halls is a group of ex-players and their parents who have nothing better to do but try and cause problems for the current team. The really sad part is watching these parents cause more difficulties for their own children. They can no longer play for their community softball team, where most of these girls have lived and played ball for years. Also, some of these children and their siblings have been forced to change schools and move to a new community. Luckily, the remaining players are having a great time playing together this year! We may have to work a little harder and we may not win every game but our girls are proud to be playing for their coach and their school.

The only problem @ Halls is a group of ex-players and their parents who have nothing better to do but try and cause problems for the current team. The really sad part is watching these parents cause more difficulties for their own children. They can no longer play for their community softball team, where most of these girls have lived and played ball for years. Also, some of these children and their siblings have been forced to change schools and move to a new community. Luckily, the remaining players are having a great time playing together this year! We may have to work a little harder and we may not win every game but our girls are proud to be playing for their coach and their school.

I don't think people were forced to move, they chose to move so their kids could play, there is a difference. I am sure the girls who are not playing had fun too when they were on the team, they are just standing up for what is right. I think its speaks volumnes about the kids and what the are willing to not put up with. This problem has just now been brought to the attention of many people who knew about it a long time ago but were afraid to speak out. Afraid because the school and the administration turns a blind eye and just wants it to go away in its own time. I wish I had the guts to do what they are doing when my daughter played for Halls but I too was threatened and when I tried to speak out, my daughter was benched. If you feel this is the right way to handle all situations then go right ahead and let your daughter play and continue to support that program. I think alot of the parents of the players on the team now are just cowards and if that means shutting up because your child is getting to play I hope you can live with whatever comes. Just know it will not be so good down the road. Coach's should be role models for our kids and build them up not try to break them because it gives the coach power over the kids and their parents. I have learned that it takes all kinds and I know my daughter has learned some valuable life lessons that have made her stronger. :thumb:

NO...what did the coach do???if he did something illegal, thats one thing...but when parents are just mad because their child is taken out for a game or two..then dont you think thats a coward??i think that if your child deserves to play, then they will play..and how do you think the players now feel when they didnt do anything and they are getting the crap-when all the players want to do is PLAY!!!!so please just let it go people.

i know yal say justice is justice and yal feel sorry for the old players who left or quit..but how do u think the HALLS players feel right now when yal are puttin them down saying they are a JV team??i betcha they just wanna have fun and forget all the DRAMA!!!!from what i hear,all the talkin is just one-sided and people are just goin on hear-say.

I agree with Brites07! It takes courage to stand up for what is right, and many people now a days don't do that. Hats off to those players and parents who are doing the right thing!! Coach's SHOULD be role models and an example to their players. If a coach doesn't hold these qualities then I don't think they should be put in that position. And as I recall it was the coach that called Halls a JV team when he entered a preseason tournament.

Here's who's gone from Halls. Of course they lost Emilee McConkey 2nd basemen and Mackenzie Loy SS because they graduated and moved on to Austion Peay and Tusculom. The 3 seniors not returning are Kristin Simmons, Catcher, bats 5th (RBI leader on the team), Nicole D'Apice, Outfielder, bats 3rd (RBI leader on the team), Natalie Marshall, 3rd basemen. The 3 Juniors not returning are Whitney Key, Outfielder and speedster, Brittany Webb, 1st basemen, 4th batter freshmen & sophomore year (led the team in RBIs both years), all district freshmen year, Aftin Forsythe utility player. The 3 Sophomores not returning are Lindsay Bridges, Pitcher (pretty close tie for #1 pitcher on the team), Staci D'Apice, outfielder, lefty slapper with great wheels, Rachel Moretto, outfielder. All of these girls were on the Varsity team so you see 11 varsity players are gone. The only starting varsity player left is Junior, Sasha Russell, lefty pitcher. Coach 23 you hit the nail on the head!!

Brittany Hunley, Kaydee Cooper, and Caley Needham are also returning varsity starters last year.

NO...what did the coach do???if he did something illegal, thats one thing...but when parents are just mad because their child is taken out for a game or two..then dont you think thats a coward??i think that if your child deserves to play, then they will play..and how do you think the players now feel when they didnt do anything and they are getting the crap-when all the players want to do is PLAY!!!!so please just let it go people.

i know yal say justice is justice and yal feel sorry for the old players who left or quit..but how do u think the HALLS players feel right now when yal are puttin them down saying they are a JV team??i betcha they just wanna have fun and forget all the DRAMA!!!!from what i hear,all the talkin is just one-sided and people are just goin on hear-say.

I agree 100%.