Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

Went to see the Powell vs. Halls game. . . . As I predicted, Powell 7 Halls 0. By the way thats more that one run HHSYANK. Seems Halls couldn't hit Powell. Watts had a great hit that was called an out by the umpire, but it should have been a hit. Heard a rumor the Halls coach was suspended, but he was there. Can anyone explain that.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yada Yada Yada. Ok obvioulsy you have some issues. Can't do anything about that. I think Medication is your answer. All I know is Halls will be there in the End. As far as Gibbs well yes they are talented for a 2a team maybe I was just a little upset yesterday. So here is my new top 10 list for Knoxville

1-Halls

2-Halls

3-Halls

4-Halls

5-Halls

6-Halls

7-Halls

8-Halls

9-Powell

10-Gibbs :thumb:

Oh by the way I DON'T SMOKE :ph34r:

Curiosity got the better of me also Walktheline. Interesting game, especially when the Halls coach walked out of the dugout and spoke with the umpire behind the plate before Watts came up to bat (with bases loaded?) Thought it funny that the umpire called her out for stepping out of the batters box when she ripped one over the center fielders head, especially considering all the lines on the field were drawn EXCEPT the front of the batter's box. New tactic? Upcoming teams beware! Should have been Powell 10 Halls 0......but oh well, think the Powell fans will settle for the 7-0 win!

Halls fans, be patient. You have a good pitcher but your team is young. You will get better with time. I was relieved that your coach kept his composer. A much better improvement over what I witnessed last year.

Think this top ten list needs to be revised a bit though.

Enough about Halls. District 4 is getting interesting. Farragut beat Maryville last night 2-1, that leaves Heritage as the only team without a district loss and they play Maryville today. This is shaping up to be a very tight race in district play....

District records: Heritage 5-0

Maryville 5-1(I was wrong on Maryville,they did not get the Sevier

County DH in so they are 3-1, but lost to Heritage 4-3 last

night)

William Blount 6-1

Farragut 2-2

Edited by VTEC

Enough about Halls. District 4 is getting interesting. Farragut beat Maryville last night 2-1, that leaves Heritage as the only team without a district loss and they play Maryville today. This is shaping up to be a very tight race in district play....

Maryville 5-1

William Blount 6-1

Farragut 2-2

I agree with you VTEC, enough of Halls! There are some folks out there that keep saying there are 2 sides to every story but the real ironic thing is they don't know the other side so they need to move on and let things they don't know about rest!

Glad to hear that district is competing so well, should be interesting when State comes around for this area.

Maryville 5-1

William Blount 6-1

Farragut 2-2

VTEC looks like your team is playing good ball. This could be a very interesting district. What is the top four teams W/L head to head.

Went to see the Powell vs. Halls game. . . . As I predicted, Powell 7 Halls 0. By the way thats more that one run HHSYANK. Seems Halls couldn't hit Powell. Watts had a great hit that was called an out by the umpire, but it should have been a hit. Heard a rumor the Halls coach was suspended, but he was there. Can anyone explain that.

He was suspended for violating a behavior contract he signed in order to remain as the coach. The violations were the deragatory comments he made in the local newspaper. The entire situation is not public knowledge as of today. It appears that there are many comments here that have come from girls not coaches and comments that have come from those that are speculating about the happenings.

The players that did not return made tough choices on their own not by their parents. One player that did not return was determined to play this year until she received no support or help when she called the coach to help her prepare for a college exposure tournament. (She received an offer to play at the tournament)The players that stood up for their rights and rights of those in the past and future are hurting. Some have had to seek professional counseling due to the continued harrassment they have received from the players that chose to play.

Childish comments are inappropriate in this serious situation. These are young women with deep emotional scars. Standing alone in order to do the right thing is very difficult and emotional. Please refrain from childish comments regarding the situation unless you are fully aware of everything that is going on right now. Bashing each other will not help. Remember that standing up for the right thing does not mean that you are against someone else. Being truthful and respectful should be taught on and off the field.

The truth will come in time. For the Seniors that missed the game this year it is too late the damage is done. However I have heard that they received Softball Scholarships without the support or help of their high school coach who told them that they were fat , lazy and had no talent and that his job was not to support or teach them, he was there to let them know what they did wrong. They did learn from him..........

He was suspended for violating a behavior contract he signed in order to remain as the coach. The violations were the deragatory comments he made in the local newspaper. The entire situation is not public knowledge as of today. It appears that there are many comments here that have come from girls not coaches and comments that have come from those that are speculating about the happenings.

The players that did not return made tough choices on their own not by their parents. One player that did not return was determined to play this year until she received no support or help when she called the coach to help her prepare for a college exposure tournament. (She received an offer to play at the tournament)The players that stood up for their rights and rights of those in the past and future are hurting. Some have had to seek professional counseling due to the continued harrassment they have received from the players that chose to play.

Childish comments are inappropriate in this serious situation. These are young women with deep emotional scars. Standing alone in order to do the right thing is very difficult and emotional. Please refrain from childish comments regarding the situation unless you are fully aware of everything that is going on right now. Bashing each other will not help. Remember that standing up for the right thing does not mean that you are against someone else. Being truthful and respectful should be taught on and off the field.

The truth will come in time. For the Seniors that missed the game this year it is too late the damage is done. However I have heard that they received Softball Scholarships without the support or help of their high school coach who told them that they were fat , lazy and had no talent and that his job was not to support or teach them, he was there to let them know what they did wrong. They did learn from him..........

Great post DoubleBdouble0!

I know everyone is tired of talking about Halls, but it needed to be done.

I see where Heritage and Maryville had a good game yesterday. Should be a good district to watch. :thumb:

District 4 head/head:

WB loss to Maryville, Win vs Farragutt, play Heritage on the 13th.

Heritage win vs Maryville, Farragut , play WB on the 13th.

Maryville win vs WB, loss vs Farragut, Heritage.

Farragut, win vs Maryville, loss vs WB and Heritage.

looks interesting, WB plays Farragut today last time it went 10 innings ,good ball game.......

District 4 head/head:

WB loss to Maryville, Win vs Farragutt, play Heritage on the 13th.

Heritage win vs Maryville, Farragut , play WB on the 13th.

Maryville win vs WB, loss vs Farragut, Heritage.

Farragut, win vs Maryville, loss vs WB and Heritage.

looks interesting, WB plays Farragut today last time it went 10 innings ,good ball game.......

The game between Farragut and WB today should be a good one. Alas, I won't be there. Catch you later VTEC.

Kudos to the Lay Govs. I had very bleak expectations for the coming year. Though, I personally think very little of individuals running the organization, I will always be a Lady Govs fan and I hope they take a fight to Heritage. Rachel Wall is proving why she's considered one of the most intelligent pitchers in the area. <_<

Great post DoubleBdouble0!

I know everyone is tired of talking about Halls, but it needed to be done.

I see where Heritage and Maryville had a good game yesterday. Should be a good district to watch. :thumb:

Thanks Brites07! Sometimes enough is enough so just wanted to clear up a few rumors.

And by the way go Rachel Wall! Lady Govs! She is a great pitcher and young lady!