Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

Once again that is the Coach's decision. Maybe he is going for the element of suprise. Besides I would never question our coach's decision to not play the Gibbs tournament. They say Halls has played in it before so whats the big deal. With our leadership I still think Powell should watch out :thumb: I predict Halls 2 Powell 1.

Just my opinion. :thumb:

I would definately question the fact that you are not playing good competition and to drop out of a tournament that would promote this competition and instead go to one that is considered weak just to make your team look good is alittle crazy to me! :angry: I hope whoever is leading you is going in the right direction!

I am still laughing about the comment "maybe he is going for the element of surprise", not sure what that secret weapon is going to be but I may have to come watch.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think since you seem to think this is no one's business but yours then you would keep you opinion to yourself. :angry: Everyone on this board knows how high school ball works, like I said before, you are probably a parent of a freshman and have not experienced a complete season. If you are a parent of a girl who has played then well I don't think you paid too much attention to what was going on around you. Halls has lost alot of credibility with the problems they are having and will continue to have if changes are not made. I think Central and Powell are still the top two teams in the district and if Karns can keep the errors down they will make it too close to call. As far as putting Gibbs at #10, did you know that they went to state last year, only had a few seniors on the team,(someone correct me if I am wrong) but they worked hard all last summer and will probably be stronger this year then they were last year.

You stated too that the only injury on the Halls team was the SS, if that is correct, then they should be just as strong without her if they are as good as you say. The last time I looked, there was no "i" in team! One player should not make such a huge difference, but this is JMO :thumb:

Yada Yada Yada. Ok obvioulsy you have some issues. Can't do anything about that. I think Medication is your answer. All I know is Halls will be there in the End. As far as Gibbs well yes they are talented for a 2a team maybe I was just a little upset yesterday. So here is my new top 10 list for Knoxville

1-Halls

2-Halls

3-Halls

4-Halls

5-Halls

6-Halls

7-Halls

8-Halls

9-Powell

10-Gibbs :thumb:

Oh by the way I DON'T SMOKE :angry:

Good thing I have a great sense of humor! :thumb:

We are just trying to jolt you into reality because you are living in a fantasy world and again I know for a fact you are a parent of a freshman. Live and learn!

Well I do know who you are married to shadow01 :thumb:

Live and Learn.......Wasn't that General Custards last remarks

Yank .....Let us know if and when you ever play Gibbs again. I want to be there

for that one. I might even come to the Powell game that should be interesting to.

I think the "element of surprise" is how bad Halls is compared to years past. I agree, one player should not make that big of a difference on a team. Teams should play together and work with one another. Halls will not make it out of the district, Sasha will be the only thing keeping them in games. Powell will beat Halls by more than 1 run! As for the Gibbs tournament, I think Halls is scared to get beat up on. . . . teams in that tournament would crush Halls.

I think the "element of surprise" is how bad Halls is compared to years past. I agree, one player should not make that big of a difference on a team. Teams should play together and work with one another. Halls will not make it out of the district, Sasha will be the only thing keeping them in games. Powell will beat Halls by more than 1 run! As for the Gibbs tournament, I think Halls is scared to get beat up on. . . . teams in that tournament would crush Halls.

No jolt needed! I know where I live shadow01.

By the way we do have other pitchers

As far as the Gibbs tournament. Whatever.

Powell well time will tell :thumb:

Very Good observation Walktheline22!!!! :thumb:

Well I do know who you are married to shadow01 :thumb:

Live and Learn.......Wasn't that General Custards last remarks

Yank .....Let us know if and when you ever play Gibbs again. I want to be there

for that one. I might even come to the Powell game that should be interesting to.

The Powell & Halls games are schedule to play on 4/4 at Halls and 4/27 at Powell.

Start times are 5:00 on both games. Powell has scrimmaged Gibbs twice. Gibbs can play with anybody in Knoxville. I would think it will be hard to replace the players from Halls with Freshman and expect to be compete. If Halls had returned last years players, they could play with anybody. Sad news on the Halls SS, good player and good kid.

Softball must be slow in "Knoxville". Is the teams not doing good or is the teams just not playing right now. Have not heard much about Farragut, William Blount, Maryville, Alcoa, Seymour, Central, Karns. Last year you could not read Coacht without having to read about these teams, whats happened? All the talk is about Powell. Is Powell that much better than all of the rest of the teams.

Softball must be slow in "Knoxville". Is the teams not doing good or is the teams just not playing right now. Have not heard much about Farragut, William Blount, Maryville, Alcoa, Seymour, Central, Karns. Last year you could not read Coacht without having to read about these teams, whats happened? All the talk is about Powell. Is Powell that much better than all of the rest of the teams.

Powell is good....but not that much better than Central, Karns, or others in their region. They will have a serious fight on thier hands to get out of district and region. The addition of Brittany Webb to Central will make a significant offensive impact on a team that gives up VERY few runs with Irwin on the mound. And I still say Karns has the best ATHLETES of any Knoxville school....but they have to put it together on the field!

The reason Seymour is getting no press from fans or others is because they do not deserve it. They have started 1 and 3, losing both games of the series to Heritage and splitting the series with South Doyle! The only bright spot was the preseason games against P. Forge and Rutledge where they gave up no runs in 14 innings of work. Frankly, not much is going right for the Lady Eagles. They have returned only 3 regular starters from last year and are currently starting 4 freshman. This team shows moments of greatness....actually playing better than last years "experienced" team....then the next inning the immaturity shows and everything goes BAD. Even the pitching is having trouble finding the grove, giving up 14 runs in the first 4 games, not typical for a pitching staff that pitched 13 of 29 shutouts last year. I truely believe this could still be one of the best AA teams in the area....even playing with Alcoa and Gibbs.....but somebody better step up...or grow up....quickly.

Blount County and Maryville were on Spring Break last week. Knox County and Alcoa are on Spring Break this week.

Alcoa has been on spring break for 2 weeks. They played 3 games on the first week of spring break. They have played Knox Webb, Farragut and Lenoir City.

They play Bearden(DH) Monday.