Knoxville Softball

Old Blue

Kudos to the Lay Govs. I had very bleak expectations for the coming year. Though, I personally think very little of individuals running the organization, I will always be a Lady Govs fan and I hope they take a fight to Heritage. Rachel Wall is proving why she's considered one of the most intelligent pitchers in the area. ;)

I really hate to bring the subject up, but I'm a freshman at WB, and would really like some light shed on the situation.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate to bring the subject up, but I'm a freshman at WB, and would really like some light shed on the situation.

TG24,

If you want to play softball (or any sport) at WB you better give up on shedding light and grin and bear it. Some of the best softball players in the county are playing elsewhere because of "the situation".

TG24,

If you want to play softball (or any sport) at WB you better give up on shedding light and grin and bear it. Some of the best softball players in the county are playing elsewhere because of "the situation".

I am actually a basketball player (guys JV), but am a huge fan of all Govs sports. I would just like to know what "the situation" is. I am clueless here.

I am actually a basketball player (guys JV), but am a huge fan of all Govs sports. I would just like to know what "the situation" is. I am clueless here.

I'm not going to start a P!$$!ng contest here. I sat through a miserable fall season and watched what was supposed to be a training period turn into a pseudo varsity workout, while underclassmen played splinterfield. And that wasn't just WB, it seemed as if it were county wide. I sat through a play day in early spring and watched a freshmen and a sophomore give the team their best chance to win, and then watched them fade away back into their positions, as back up players.

Again, I refuse to slam any WB Lady Gov. They are some of the finest young ladies I've had the pleasure of meeting, if only for a short period of time. It appears to me that those who wield the power at WB, want to make it a girl's club. But I really can't argue the point, because it seems to be working. They're playing good ball, and seem to have found winning ways. It was really one little hiccup that cost them the Farragut game. (Great Job Rachel! Again, one of the most intelligent throwers in the area!)

I'm fairly certain anyone who's close to the organization knows who I am, and that my daughter chose to break a rule and has left the team. She was miserable anyway and is having a hoot playing tourneys again. It was never anything personal with the team. Just not her cup of tea. I think it's a travel ball mentality with little patience for waiting her turn. Of course some pitching reps in practice would've helped greatly! But anyway.

It's this simple, if you're an athlete in Blount County, it's in your best interest to make sure your daddy knows the coach or the administration, or you'd better find a travel team, because if not...you're screwed.

Edited by daddybear

Thanks Brites07! Sometimes enough is enough so just wanted to clear up a few rumors.

And by the way go Rachel Wall! Lady Govs! She is a great pitcher and young lady!

Rumor has it some of the current players have been harassed and threatened ever since fall.............. fact is, there is fault on both sides!

I noticed that no one has brought up money issues..........seems like that was a big deal at one time.......then it was rumored that a large sum of money was removed from the booster club account and held so that the present group of parents could not get it. Was this agreed on by all that helped to raise that money, or was it just another example of a few people deciding what was best for EVERYONE with out their knowledge or permission

Rumor has it some of the current players have been harassed and threatened ever since fall.............. fact is, there is fault on both sides!

I noticed that no one has brought up money issues..........seems like that was a big deal at one time.......then it was rumored that a large sum of money was removed from the booster club account and held so that the present group of parents could not get it. Was this agreed on by all that helped to raise that money, or was it just another example of a few people deciding what was best for EVERYONE with out their knowledge or permission

Rumors tend to be just that rumors. Don't believe everything you hear. :lol:

You know it is really sad that this thread started with the question of what are your thoughts of Knoxville Softball? I guess this is what people are learning about softball in Knoxville.

As far as rumors? Why don't you pick the phone up and call, I am sure they would love to talk to you. And if you have any other ?'s call the Superintendant of Knox county schools they have all of the answers.

Just remember wrong is wrong and right is right that will never change and neither does GOD. I don't think GOD is pleased with this. Pray hard and GOD will take care of things.

Maybe read the thread with the girl with the helmet. That puts everything in perspective.

Good luck to all of the girls in Knoxville they deserve some Positive Recognition.

Woops almost forgot I meant to say Knoxville and surrounding area....Just for you VTEC

Edited by NewNews

When emotions are involved it becomes a personal battle. It is wrong to accuse or attack others based on hearsay. Make sure that you have all the facts before attacking. This is not about parents deciding on money, or playing time.

It is about girls being abused over a period of many years. Again know all the facts before making accusations.

I'm not going to start a P!$$!ng contest here. I sat through a miserable fall season and watched what was supposed to be a training period turn into a pseudo varsity workout, while underclassmen played splinterfield. And that wasn't just WB, it seemed as if it were county wide. I sat through a play day in early spring and watched a freshmen and a sophomore give the team their best chance to win, and then watched them fade away back into their positions, as back up players.

Again, I refuse to slam any WB Lady Gov. They are some of the finest young ladies I've had the pleasure of meeting, if only for a short period of time. It appears to me that those who wield the power at WB, want to make it a girl's club. But I really can't argue the point, because it seems to be working. They're playing good ball, and seem to have found winning ways. It was really one little hiccup that cost them the Farragut game. (Great Job Rachel! Again, one of the most intelligent throwers in the area!)

I'm fairly certain anyone who's close to the organization knows who I am, and that my daughter chose to break a rule and has left the team. She was miserable anyway and is having a hoot playing tourneys again. It was never anything personal with the team. Just not her cup of tea. I think it's a travel ball mentality with little patience for waiting her turn. Of course some pitching reps in practice would've helped greatly! But anyway.

It's this simple, if you're an athlete in Blount County, it's in your best interest to make sure your daddy knows the coach or the administration, or you'd better find a travel team, because if not...you're screwed.

daddybear,

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. We feel your pain. And your right, I personally know most of the girls on this team and they are great kids and athletes. Too bad my daughter couldn't continue her athletic career with her friends and teammates. Nobody at WB wants to talk about the politics but the truth is the truth and ultimatley its the kids that suffer. I am a WBHS alumni and have had kids in the system for the last fifteen years. Things have always been this way. My daughter is no longer in the system (like about 7 or 8 other quality players would should have been at WBHS) and I regret that I allowed her to stay as long as I did. She suffered greatly and lots of parents (some of the very daddies your talking about) knew what was happening and chose to stay silent. I have been called bitter and maybe I am. When you have to watch your child doubt their abilities and almost give up a dream you tend to get bitter. However, we have learned alot in the process and my daughter will be playing college exposure for a Gold 18u travel team this summer. Good luck to you and your daughter and tell her not to give up.

You know it is really sad that this thread started with the question of what are your thoughts of Knoxville Softball? I guess this is what people are learning about softball in Knoxville.

As far as rumors? Why don't you pick the phone up and call, I am sure they would love to talk to you. And if you have any other ?'s call the Superintendant of Knox county schools they have all of the answers.

Just remember wrong is wrong and right is right that will never change and neither does GOD. I don't think GOD is pleased with this. Pray hard and GOD will take care of things.

Maybe read the thread with the girl with the helmet. That puts everything in perspective.

Good luck to all of the girls in Knoxville they deserve some Positive Recognition.

Woops almost forgot I meant to say Knoxville and surrounding area....Just for you VTEC

If you call the Bount Co. superintendant your child will be BLACKLISTED!

From my personal experience this sounds about right.