Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

Tops in 1A

1. Gleason (26-2) – The Lady Bulldogs continued their unbeaten streak in District and Region play with wins over McKenzie (by 47), Humboldt (by 37), and Halls (by 32). They wrap up their regular season this week with Dresden, which is the only team left standing in the way of an undefeated District 14A record.

2. Jackson County (22-6) – The Lady Blue Devils came up a little short to Clarkrange by 5 before losing to AA Upperman by 11. While they aren’t going to drop in this poll just yet due to the toughness of those two teams, Madison Academic Magnet has pulled even for this 2nd spot. This week they host AA Smith County (who they edged by 5 in the first meeting) on the 7th and Clay County (which happens to be their last district game) on the 10th.

2. Madison Academic Magnet (25-3) – Destroyed West Carroll by 38 and Scotts Hill by 44 before having an off offensive night and barely escaping Adamsville by 7 (a team they previously beat by 40). These girls from Jackson will wrap up their regular season on Tuesday with their final District 13A game at home against Jackson Christian.

4. Red Boiling Springs (22-3) – Following their disappointing loss to Macon County last week, the Lady Bulldogs responded defeating Monterey by 38 and Pickett County by 13. This week they’ve got Trousdale County on Tuesday before traveling to Region 4A opponent Gordonsville on Friday.

5. Clarkrange (19-6) – Started their week with a surprisingly tough 7 point win against Watertown before defeating Jackson County at home by 5. This week they’ve got a very tough game on Tuesday at AAA Cumberland County before getting a district easy game against Hermitage Springs on Friday.

6. Summertown (20-3) – The Lady Eagles had a huge week as they defeating county rival and AA Top 10 team Loretto by 3. Then Coach Williard’s girls coasted to an easy 16 point win over Zion Christian before claiming the District 12A Regular Season Championship with a 3 point win over Collinwood. This week will be just as tough for these small town girls as they travel to Region 6A opponent Columbia Academy on Monday, host AA Loretto on Tuesday, and host District 12A foe Wayne County on Friday in their final district game of the year.

7. Oliver Springs (17-6) – The Lady Cats took down AA Kingston by 15 before escaping Wartburg by 4 in a key District 4A game. This week will test just how good Oliver Springs is as they host AAA Jefferson County on Monday, Division II Knoxville Webb on Tuesday, and district rival Oneida on Friday.

8. Moore County (19-5) – Lost to Division II Brentwood Academy by 2 before defeating AAA Franklin County by 15 and crushing District 11A opponent Columbia Academy by 34. This week the Raiderettes have only 2 games as they Cornersville on Tuesday in their final district game of the year before traveling to a winless AAA Chattanooga Central on Saturday.

9. Collinwood (16-5) – The Lady Trojans had a shot to clinch their 1st District 12A Regular Season Title in a very long time, but couldn’t get it done at home against Summertown, losing by 3. They’ll have a very easy week coming up as they play their last two district games with one being at Mt. Pleasant on Tuesday and the other at Zion Christian on Friday.

10. Wayne County (19-5) – The girls from Waynesboro rebounded from their loss to Collinwood last week to defeat Mt. Pleasant by 37 and Frank Hughes by 26. On the 7th, they’ll get an easy win against Hampshire before traveling to Summertown on the 10th in a game that is very important in terms of seeding in 12A.

Best of the Rest: Cloudland (11), Perry County (12), Union City (13), Forrest (14), Greenfield (T15), Oneida (T15)

1A Games of the Week

---Grace Baptist Academy at Copper Basin – Tuesday, February 7th – A win by Grace Baptist Academy would give them the District 5A Regular Season Championship, while a win by Copper Basin would leave the title still up for grabs.

---Oneida at Oliver Springs – Friday, February 10th – A win by Oliver Springs would give them the District 4A Regular Season Championship. However, Oneida, a State Tournament team of a year ago, will be looking to avenge their 9 point loss to the Lady Cats earlier this season.

---Wayne County at Summertown – Friday, February 10th – While Summertown has already wrapped up the #1 seed in the District Tournament, Wayne County’s future is still uncertain. A loss would put them tied for 4th with Perry County, which would put the Lady Cats future in the hands of a coin toss to determine which team would end up playing Summertown in the semi-finals.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree... They have really good player cant remember her # or name, a good solid team......

Yeah after that 57-7 demolishing of Culleoka.... :lol: LOL What happened in that Culleoakrep , bad shooting???

bad shooting please...thats making us look good...heres a stat for you...we went 3-49 from the field in that game...thats absolutely just 100% bad

i really think cornersville deserves to be in the top 10 or atleast one of the wildcard spots

Cornersville doesn't play anybody really outside of their district. The only real strong team in the district is Moore County and the Lady Bulldogs got stomped in that matchup. They did play Collinwood early in the season, but once again they got dominated. Also, they have lost to Eagleville and Santa Fe who are both teams that I consider to be about average. Cornersville isn't a bad team by any means, they just need to beat a team on a higher level then the ones that play and the only team left on their schedule this year for them to do that against is Moore County.

bad shooting please...thats making us look good...heres a stat for you...we went 3-49 from the field in that game...thats absolutely just 100% bad

I don't think the coaching was the real problem with the team after all.

I ran some numbers just a few minutes ago and it seems that Culleoka is losing by over 22 points per game since the other coach was fired. They were only losing by 20 ppg before the firing and if you remove the 72-16 beat down Loretto gave them they've only lost by 17 ppg with the other guy.

The new coach is scoring 36 ppg. The other guy was scoring 35 ppg. Remove the Loretto game and the other guy was scoring almost 37 ppg.

I guess after Thursday we'll see what the new ppg comes out to be for the new guy.

I can't wait to see the rematch with Loretto so I can decide for myself which guy did better.

Not that either one set the woods on fire.

But like I said before, I don't think the coaching had anything to do with the real problem on this team and I'm not even from Culleoka and had never been there until they played Loretto.

I don't think the coaching was the real problem with the team after all.

I ran some numbers just a few minutes ago and it seems that Culleoka is losing by over 22 points per game since the other coach was fired. They were only losing by 20 ppg before the firing and if you remove the 72-16 beat down Loretto gave them they've only lost by 17 ppg with the other guy.

The new coach is scoring 36 ppg. The other guy was scoring 35 ppg. Remove the Loretto game and the other guy was scoring almost 37 ppg.

I guess after Thursday we'll see what the new ppg comes out to be for the new guy.

I can't wait to see the rematch with Loretto so I can decide for myself which guy did better.

Not that either one set the woods on fire.

But like I said before, I don't think the coaching had anything to do with the real problem on this team and I'm not even from Culleoka and had never been there until they played Loretto.

weve played a very tough schedule since the new coach has taken over....coach sharp is a much better coach...trust me