Reflections from Clarksville.

walkenvol

This was my 7th state duals and I now enjoy it almost as much as the traditional tourney. Nothing like competitive wrestling with the title on the line for drama and excitement and its always great to see old friends from around the state. The addition of the A/AA division was a great idea along with enlarging the AAA bracket as it added much new blood and excitement. Seymour and Ooltewah impressed me as nontraditional programs on the rise. Bigger is proving better with this event so why not have 3 divisions next year in D1? Clarksville is a wonderful host but the event has unquestionably outgrown the high school facilities – raise the ticket price as required to secure an appropriately sized venue. If possible, it would be nice if the finals were not at the same time as I would like to watch them all. What happened to the Army guys with the pull-up bars - all that training and no t-shirt.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my 7th state duals and I now enjoy it almost as much as the traditional tourney. Nothing like competitive wrestling with the title on the line for drama and excitement and its always great to see old friends from around the state. The addition of the A/AA division was a great idea along with enlarging the AAA bracket as it added much new blood and excitement. Seymour and Ooltewah impressed me as nontraditional programs on the rise. Bigger is proving better with this event so why not have 3 divisions next year in D1? Clarksville is a wonderful host but the event has unquestionably outgrown the high school facilities – raise the ticket price as required to secure an appropriately sized venue. If possible, it would be nice if the finals were not at the same time as I would like to watch them all. What happened to the Army guys with the pull-up bars - all that training and no t-shirt.

PURPLE RAIN OF TEARS. BRADLEY AND SODDY WILL DISTANCE THEMSELVES FROM THE PACK IN THE TRADITIONAL TOURNAMENT. THEY HAVE FINALISTS NOT CONSOLATIONISTS IN THEIR LINE-UP. BRADLY COACHES DID A BEAUTIFUL JOB CREATING A LINE UP TO BEAT SODDY. THE MOVEMENT CREATED MATCHES THAT GAVE THEM THE EDGE. THE NEW COACH AT BRADLEY IS GOING FOR HIS THIRD CHAMPIONSHIP. THIS TEAM IS YOUNG, THEY HAVE SURPRISED EVEN THEIR OWN FANS.

THIS TEAM IS YOUNG, THEY HAVE SURPRISED EVEN THEIR OWN FANS.

I believe some of the Soddy fans as well. In the next big one, Soddy should win it via Championship rounds for the most part; but BC and Soddy will score significant points in the Consol's too. I give the edge to Soddy in the Traditional IF a couple of their hard hitters step it up, otherwise BC takes it again.

Chad Laxton really deserves praise on this last championship. He has been under a lot of pressure and most coming from himself, I believe.

move it move it. There in not enough seating. This event is to big for the gymn it is in.

I believe some of the Soddy fans as well. In the next big one, Soddy should win it via Championship rounds for the most part; but BC and Soddy will score significant points in the Consol's too. I give the edge to Soddy in the Traditional IF a couple of their hard hitters step it up, otherwise BC takes it again.

Chad Laxton really deserves praise on this last championship. He has been under a lot of pressure and most coming from himself, I believe.

It just hit me that it probably will not be a two horse race with Clarksville in there and if any one is going to score points iin the consol's it would have to be the Owls. This will be fun!!

move it move it. There in not enough seating. This event is to big for the gymn it is in.

I don't know if you noticed, but the use of the aux gym actually made the crowd situation no worse than previous years, and I am sure that you are one of those that says it was too crowded before. I prefer to think of it a creating an opportunity to rub elbows with your fellow wrestling fans. It makes it exciting! An attempt was made to get the bags out of the stands but we still noticed people staking out space with coolers, coats etc. If all of that was out of the seats there was and has been enough space. :thumb: