District 3-AAA

bizazz

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls still has a lot of talent, even after losing some great seniors.

What impact will Knox West have moving into the district?

I THINK HALLS WILL STILL BE THE TEAM TO BEAT, BUT CENTRAL WILL HAVE

8 OR 9 STARTING SENIORS WHO ALL STARTED AS JUNIORS THEY WILL BE

MUCH INPROVED THIS YEAR.

Central does have alot of people coming back but they really dont have that much pitching unless im just thinking that,maybe someone eles knows differnt, but its hard to win games without pitching. How does everyone think district will end up at the end of the season, first to last place????

West has been looking for pitching since their 2004 class graduated.

If they can get some guys on the mound to throw strikes they should hit the ball well enough to at least give a few teams some competition.

They had a couple of freshmen log a lot of innings last year on the mound. If those guys continue to improve that will be a help.

I think Halls once again will have the number one spot for the district. They probably won't post the same record they had last year thought bc they have lost some key players.

Clinton, Oak Ridge, and Karns will be battling it out for the second spot in the districts. Oak Ridge has some good hitters, and Karns plays small ball the best of anybody.

Clinton has a new coach this year (Casey Taylor), and we will be just as good as last year, if not better. Last year they doubted us and we went to regions. I'm sure the same thing will happen this year, but we will just step it up and prove people wrong again.

Its a good district, with some really good teams, and the competition will be great!

I think Halls once again will have the number one spot for the district. They probably won't post the same record they had last year thought bc they have lost some key players.

Clinton, Oak Ridge, and Karns will be battling it out for the second spot in the districts. Oak Ridge has some good hitters, and Karns plays small ball the best of anybody.

Clinton has a new coach this year (Casey Taylor), and we will be just as good as last year, if not better. Last year they doubted us and we went to regions. I'm sure the same thing will happen this year, but we will just step it up and prove people wrong again.

Its a good district, with some really good teams, and the competition will be great!

I agree that everybody else in the district is fighting for second. Clearly Halls has the best team and the best players. So second is pretty much up for grabs.

Oak Ridge probably the most pop of anyone. They can flat out kill the ball. Karns does play the best small ball. Central will have good senior leadership. Because most of their team is seniors.

Clinton will probably be better just because of coach casey taylor. He brings a whole new attitude and will lead us. I think we will have a shot at regions and prove all those people from knoxville and oak ridge.

Now that West becomes the 8th team in the district, will the district tournament format change? District 3 used to have a play-in game with #s 6 and 7. Then the remaining 6 played a double-elimination tournament.

District 4 has always used the 8-team double elimination with two sites hosting 4-team pools.

Now that West becomes the 8th team in the district, will the district tournament format change? District 3 used to have a play-in game with #s 6 and 7. Then the remaining 6 played a double-elimination tournament.

District 4 has always used the 8-team double elimination with two sites hosting 4-team pools.

I think that they went they way District 4 does it. They one and two will host the four team pools and i dont know what happens after that.

District 4 does have a lot of good teams that play very well. After you fight for a spot for regionals in district 3 you forget that you are probably going to get paired up against a team that is even tougher than Halls.

Halls has a good chance this year, but I'm going to have to say that their year was last year for them to make any kind of run at state. There is always room for upset though, because it happens every year. Some team will get hot in districts and possibly take out a better team just because of the momentum.

Overall I think that Region 2 AAA has some of the best teams in the state. Can't wait for the season.

Halls MIGHT make it to Sub-State and yes i say MIGHT....South Doyle I think will be their competition to get there.....but even if they do make it to sub-state, this year they will go down to Dobyns-Bennett. 3rd times the charm for D-B.

Dude cmon, we have came up there and outplayed you the last 2 years. You have no argument... We had a better team in 04 and 05 and we are better this year so dont even get on here and talk trash!