Watauga Conference

hard_ball1

I'd like to congratulate Elizabethton on a good tournament in Unicoi this weekend. The cyclones gave it everything they could up until the very end. Good job ladies!

And as for Unicoi...couldn't even win their own tournament...didn't even make it to the Championship game???? I think this is proof of how overrated they are. If those girls play like they did today in the game I got to see, they're in for a pounding in Elizabethton on Tuesday. I'd just like to see them keep it kind of close, or try at least.

Good Luck Cyclones!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to congratulate Elizabethton on a good tournament in Unicoi this weekend. The cyclones gave it everything they could up until the very end. Good job ladies!

And as for Unicoi...couldn't even win their own tournament...didn't even make it to the Championship game???? I think this is proof of how overrated they are. If those girls play like they did today in the game I got to see, they're in for a pounding in Elizabethton on Tuesday. I'd just like to see them keep it kind of close, or try at least.

Good Luck Cyclones!

Dont think I would brag to much Elizabethton didn't show much tonight either.... Overrated that is funny.... Talk all you want on here Unicoi talks on the field.... Cant wait till Tuesday.... See who gets a pounding..... Take it ALL the way LADY DEVILS....

Good Luck Cyclones!

The only team that beat Unicoi was the team that beat Elizabethton.... And from what I heard even Sullivan North beat Elizabethton....

Good Luck Cyclones!

A pounding! You've got to be out of your mind.

Pulling for EHS betting on Unicoi.

Elizabethton did a good job this weekend in the NFS tournament but exposed that there's still a lot of improving to do. As far as Sullivan North goes, we haven't played them this year and they weren't in the NFS tournament. I saw a lot of teams this weekend I've read about in the paper and agree that some are overrated but Unicoi is not one of them. They got beat by a very good Cherokee team and if anybody from AA is going to advance towards the state they'll have to beat teams as good as or better than Cherokee to get there. This weekend just showed that anybody can get beat on any given day. Elizabethton beat Cherokee soundly on Friday (8-3), Cherokee beat Unicoi (2-0) and Cherokee beat Elizabethton (8-4) for the championship. Elizabethton is a scrappy bunch that's trying to still get the right combinations on the field which they need to hurry and do. Elizabethton is definitely the underdog going into Tuesday's game but every dog has his day and I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Does anybody have any more scores from the tournament to post? These are some of the scores I have.

EHS vs Cherokee - 8-3 (EHS)

EHS vs South - 4-5 (South in 10 innings)

EHS vs HV - 9-0 (EHS)

EHS vs South - 5-4 (EHS in 8 innings)

EHS vs Volunteer - 5-1 (EHS)

EHS vs Cherokee - 4-8 (Cherokee for the Championship)

Unaka vs Unicoi - 6-4 (Unicoi)

Unaka vs Volunteer - 3-0 (Volunteer)

Unaka vs South - 5-0 (South)

Unaka vs TN High - 4-3 (Unaka)

Cherokee vs Unicoi - 2-0 (Cherokee)

Don't just be proud - be thankful! :thumb:

Elizabethton did a good job this weekend in the NFS tournament but exposed that there's still a lot of improving to do. As far as Sullivan North goes, we haven't played them this year and they weren't in the NFS tournament. I saw a lot of teams this weekend I've read about in the paper and agree that some are overrated but Unicoi is not one of them. They got beat by a very good Cherokee team and if anybody from AA is going to advance towards the state they'll have to beat teams as good as or better than Cherokee to get there. This weekend just showed that anybody can get beat on any given day. Elizabethton beat Cherokee soundly on Friday (8-3), Cherokee beat Unicoi (2-0) and Cherokee beat Elizabethton (8-4) for the championship. Elizabethton is a scrappy bunch that's trying to still get the right combinations on the field which they need to hurry and do. Elizabethton is definitely the underdog going into Tuesday's game but every dog has his day and I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Does anybody have any more scores from the tournament to post? These are some of the scores I have.

EHS vs Cherokee - 8-3 (EHS)

EHS vs South - 4-5 (South in 10 innings)

EHS vs HV - 9-0 (EHS)

EHS vs South - 5-4 (EHS in 8 innings)

EHS vs Volunteer - 5-1 (EHS)

EHS vs Cherokee - 4-8 (Cherokee for the Championship)

Unaka vs Unicoi - 6-4 (Unicoi)

Unaka vs Volunteer - 3-0 (Volunteer)

Unaka vs South - 5-0 (South)

Unaka vs TN High - 4-3 (Unaka)

Cherokee vs Unicoi - 2-0 (Cherokee)

Don't just be proud - be thankful! :thumb:

Cherokee's games:

Cherokee 8 Happy Valley 1

Elizabethton 8 Cherokee 3

Cherokee 4 Sullivan South 1

Cherokee 4 Tennessee High 1

Cherokee 2 Unicoi County 0

Cherokee 8 Elizabethton 4

Great tournament put on by Unicoi folks. Incredible facility. Excellent job prepping fields between games and handling rain from Friday night.