Watauga Conference

hard_ball1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unicoi beat Sullivan North 12-0 yesterday in 5 innings.

just thought i would let you all know lady devils game canceled with alexander central would have been a game to see, wonder when they will play or if they will . i heard they are going to watuga sat if rain lets them. so who are the players on these teams that stand out ? you know theres 9 people out there tell me something about those girls. got to be some good gloves out there and some hitters also.

The Alexander game most likely won't be rescheduled, according to assistant coach Mark Webb. That could change though, depedning on if Alexander has an open day the same as Unicoi, but right now, it's getting down to the wire and people don't have many days left to play make-up games. Teams are trying to save those days for conference rain-outs.

Edited by hard_ball1

Who all plays this week and where.... I know that Unicoi had a game today against Morristown East and from the radio it was called off cause East had other games they had to get in cause of all the rain.... They have a game on Tuesday with Johnson County at Johnson County and I think Elizabethton on Thursday at Unicoi.... So who else is playing this week....

Big games coming up for the top 3 teams in the Conference. Johnson County will be playing on a high note after defeating the Cyclones, and I'm sure Elizabethton will be looking for blood on Thursday (but, aren't they always when it comes to Erwin?) It will be interesting to see how things play out today and Thursday. I certainly wouldn't want to miss either of these games.

And here's a question...Where has the coverage of the conference games been this year? I have seen very little in the JC press about any of the Watauga games. What gives?

Big games coming up for the top 3 teams in the Conference. Johnson County will be playing on a high note after defeating the Cyclones, and I'm sure Elizabethton will be looking for blood on Thursday (but, aren't they always when it comes to Erwin?) It will be interesting to see how things play out today and Thursday. I certainly wouldn't want to miss either of these games.

And here's a question...Where has the coverage of the conference games been this year? I have seen very little in the JC press about any of the Watauga games. What gives?

Read the Press everyday and haven't seen much about Watauga Conference. Local news doesn't seem to be their strong suite.

It's rather sad that area softball teams aren't getting the coverage they deserve...like the UC vs. JC game yesterday. an AWESOME game to watch. both teams played a superb ball game, but guess what...there's nothing about the game in the paper, besides the box score. Also, i don't recall seeing anything in the Press about Musick signing. there could have and i may have missed it...but...was there?

I don't think JC is one of the top three teams. South Greene beat Johnson County twice, and has only 3 conference losses (Unicoi twice & Elizabethton once). SG has West Greene at home and Elizabethton away to finish the season.

It was a good game. Both teams played their heart out. Unicoi came out on top 2-0.

Mason pitched an excellent game for the Devils. I have loved seeing that kid play the past two years. I can't wait to see what she'll be like by the time she's a senior.

Edited by hard_ball1