Photos for sale ?

harry thornton

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your child wrestled against Bradley odds are I have a few pictures, He might not be in the best position, ( I only take pictures of the ours guys when they look good) but I would be happy to e-mail them to you if you let me know what team and what weight.

Thank you for that, You are kind, but our teams didn't wrestle each other.

Len Rossi was curious to know as to whether or not there were some photos available online from Clarksville this past weekend. I told him I'd ask the learned individuals on CoachT. Anybody know the site ? Thanx

If you've seen Len Rossi (Len Rositano to his friends) lately at his natural health food store in Brentwood, ask him to say hello to the The Von Brauners for me. I think they've kissed and made up. Now that was some serious wrestling! And one little question of you, and it's fairly personal. Didn't you die in the early 80's?

Edited by takedown3

If you've seen Len Rossi (Len Rositano to his friends) lately at his natural health food store in Brentwood, ask him to say hello to the The Von Brauners for me. I think they've kissed and made up. Now that was some serious wrestling! And one little question of you, and it's fairly personal. Didn't you die in the early 80's?

You are right, Takedown. See below. This guy's an imposter.

Excerpts from Mrs."Tee" Shares Memories of Harry Thornton

by Harmon Jolley, Chattanoogan.com

posted February 22, 2005

Those of us who lived in Chattanooga between the late 1930’s and 1982 will never forget the personality and voice of broadcasting legend Harry Thornton.

On Saturday afternoons, the strains of Sousa’s “The Thunderer” opened Harry Thornton’s live wrestling show. Tojo Yamamoto, Saul Weingeraff, Sir Clements, Jackie Fargo, Haystack Calhoun, and Jerry Lawler drew boos or cheers (depending on their status as villain or hero that week) from the studio audience. Whenever I was visiting, my grandpa would ask me to come watch TV by saying, “they’re fightin’ on there.” Harry Thornton’s television show and obligatory “grudge match” prompted big crowds for the Saturday night main event at the Memorial Auditorium.

I also watched Harry Thornton’s Morning Show. The program was a blend of news/weather/sports and discussion of current events. A forerunner of today’s talk radio and TV, The Morning Show motivated many viewers to share (and argue) their views with Harry.

Harry’s last show was on July 2, 1982.

Four months after leaving the air, Harry died on November 15, 1982.

You are right, Takedown. See below. This guy's an imposter.

Excerpts from Mrs."Tee" Shares Memories of Harry Thornton

by Harmon Jolley, Chattanoogan.com

posted February 22, 2005

Those of us who lived in Chattanooga between the late 1930’s and 1982 will never forget the personality and voice of broadcasting legend Harry Thornton.

On Saturday afternoons, the strains of Sousa’s “The Thunderer” opened Harry Thornton’s live wrestling show. Tojo Yamamoto, Saul Weingeraff, Sir Clements, Jackie Fargo, Haystack Calhoun, and Jerry Lawler drew boos or cheers (depending on their status as villain or hero that week) from the studio audience. Whenever I was visiting, my grandpa would ask me to come watch TV by saying, “they’re fightin’ on there.” Harry Thornton’s television show and obligatory “grudge match” prompted big crowds for the Saturday night main event at the Memorial Auditorium.

I also watched Harry Thornton’s Morning Show. The program was a blend of news/weather/sports and discussion of current events. A forerunner of today’s talk radio and TV, The Morning Show motivated many viewers to share (and argue) their views with Harry.

Harry’s last show was on July 2, 1982.

Four months after leaving the air, Harry died on November 15, 1982.

I knew it! I knew it! There was a distinct odor coming from the ND section and it wasn't the usual stale beer. I wonder if Mrs. Thornton has noticed it yet? I'm still ticked that Harry used the Saturday afternoon matches as teasers for the Thursday night matches at the Auditorium. Talk about bait and switch!

I knew it! I knew it! There was a distinct odor coming from the ND section and it wasn't the usual stale beer. I wonder if Mrs. Thornton has noticed it yet? I'm still ticked that Harry used the Saturday afternoon matches as teasers for the Thursday night matches at the Auditorium. Talk about bait and switch!

Man, you guys are a tough crowd!! It's all respectful. The current Bearcat Brown and I used to ride our bikes down God's favorite mountain to TV-12 sometimes and catch some matches "LIVE" It was a real "Taste o' Chattanooga". First you guys call me on Gordon Solie and now Harry. If you catch me using any other dead guys in my posts save yourself some time and don't tell me. I don't care because I'm livin' in the past anyway. (It's pretty cool here if anyone cares to join me) And as far as "stale" beer goes... forget it! I'm offended. Trust me, me and Bearcat don't let it sit around near long enough to go stale.

Harry F. Thornton

Talk about memories: Were the Von Brauners the two huge bald headed German brothers with the Nazi manager? I was there when Tojo and Fargo pulled the managers pants off and he had swatikas printed all over his boxers. Never wanted to kill someone so bad in my 10 year old life!

Really broke my heart when later that same day I saw Tojo, Fargo, the two Von Brauners and Hitlers asistant walking across Broad street from WDEF to the ligour store, arm in arm, laughing their heads off. I think that's when I realized the tooth fairy and Santa Clause were a crock too!

Hey Harry, if you get skeered of using your exsting screen name, you can always go with Pistol Pez! Wasn't he your ALL SAINTS coach anyway?

Man, you guys are a tough crowd!! It's all respectful. The current Bearcat Brown and I used to ride our bikes down God's favorite mountain to TV-12 sometimes and catch some matches "LIVE" It was a real "Taste o' Chattanooga". First you guys call me on Gordon Solie and now Harry. If you catch me using any other dead guys in my posts save yourself some time and don't tell me. I don't care because I'm livin' in the past anyway. (It's pretty cool here if anyone cares to join me) And as far as "stale" beer goes... forget it! I'm offended. Trust me, me and Bearcat don't let it sit around near long enough to go stale.

Harry F. Thornton

Gordon and Harry were easy calls-----------you should have gone with Mr. Chickaroonie for a real " Taste O Chattanooga".