Anderson County Baseball

Steelersfan20

Two from Knoxville, one from Campbell County. Any more from Powell and other parts unknown? Are these kids actually moving to AC, or just commuting there to play ball? What is the draw?

Maybe AC can switch to Division 2 and really bring in players from far and wide.

Sounds like D2 is in the future for AC. The word "recruiting" is a charged word in HS athletics. Be careful using it.

And shouldn't Seymour players be working out or something? Seems like every one of them monitor and post on CoachT all day. :thumb:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson County I believe has their first scrimage against Clinton next friday. It should be a pretty good scrimmage but you probably won't see the best of both teams for too long. Clinton is going to bring both their JV and Varsity to play so the coach can get a feel for the whole team before he decides where he wants everybody.

I think AC may rely on Byrge a little too much this year. By the way they talk he's the only pitcher that they have confidence in so far. Too many innings for him may wear him out for the post season if they make it that far. Which I'm sure they will.

Sounds like D2 is in the future for AC. The word "recruiting" is a charged word in HS athletics. Be careful using it.

And shouldn't Seymour players be working out or something? Seems like every one of them monitor and post on CoachT all day. :thumb:

youre right man.. im sorry im jus getin a lil 2 hyped 4 season 2 start but it wont happen ne more, aight. but we have been workin hard bro...like everyday since las fall even in the mornings at 6 am but hey good luck 2 u this yr man..

Well i play center for AC and trust me those players that came here are good kids and they havent caused any trouble with the team. We have bonded pretty well.....and BYRGE will not be relied on that much because we are 3 deep in the rotation.........we got the PACK-man and Chesney---not Kenny and we got some lefties but i dont know how there gunna plan in.............we are alright though....dont give us all that credit.....we'll talk with our bats not with our mouths

Pack is a very good player for you guys, we picked up a transfer from OS and he's pretty good. New guys really help out a team.

Byrge is yalls fastest pitcher by far thought isn't he?

Chesney is good as well, yall don't talk alot of stuff and I can't wait to play you guys next friday. I believe we play three times against each other in the regular season and that should be good competition. We like playing AC and we bring in a crowd when we do no matter which field we play at.

G'ville is looking forward to playing AC and Clinton on Saturday. Can't wait to get the season started. Talked to Coach T @ Clinton and he is wanting to go all day. Hope everyone @ Clinton loves long hours. My son played for him @ CCHS last year, so I know how dedicated Casey is.

chsbaseball10..tell Coach T that us ex-CCHS people have been counting down the days...he will know who you are talking about. And tell him he might as well throw away his phones cause he never returns anyone's calls... :thumb:

Edited by GREENEDEVILMOM

I'm curious too... how is AC getting all these players to MOVE to AC just to play baseball? How can they legally play unless they live in the AC jurisdiction? Or am I missing something here? Also, how do the other AC players feel about these players entering the scene?

They all have been accepted as Out of County transfers by the school system and as long as they are accepted as out of county transfers they are ok to play. And how other players feel about the out of county players entering the scene i can't comment on because i don't play baseball, But i do know how to legally transfer to another school district.

Pack is a very good player for you guys, we picked up a transfer from OS and he's pretty good. New guys really help out a team.

Byrge is yalls fastest pitcher by far thought isn't he?

Chesney is good as well, yall don't talk alot of stuff and I can't wait to play you guys next friday. I believe we play three times against each other in the regular season and that should be good competition. We like playing AC and we bring in a crowd when we do no matter which field we play at.

First of all AC is over rated. The only way they will win is with their "transfers". And another thing clintons transfer couldnt fight his way out of a paper bag

First of all AC is over rated. The only way they will win is with their "transfers". And another thing clintons transfer couldnt fight his way out of a paper bag

Over rated? They were once last year number 8 in the state. They have a really good team that is topped off with a coach that knows his stuff. He is turning around that program and school into more than something than just a football team. They had plenty of success last year without the transfers. Not many of their players graduated either.

Clintons transfers are more worried about eligibility right now than actually playing. Even if he couldn't "fight his way out of a paper bag" he is at least with a team that will make him better and had a winning record. Nevertheless went to regions last year, which they will hopefully be repeating this year.

Over rated? They were once last year number 8 in the state. They have a really good team that is topped off with a coach that knows his stuff. He is turning around that program and school into more than something than just a football team. They had plenty of success last year without the transfers. Not many of their players graduated either.

Clintons transfers are more worried about eligibility right now than actually playing. Even if he couldn't "fight his way out of a paper bag" he is at least with a team that will make him better and had a winning record. Nevertheless went to regions last year, which they will hopefully be repeating this year.

Buddy are you for clinton or not cause you sure are sucking up to AC alot i guess you know your role in that county AC will destroy yall cause you will be to busy kissin up to them.

Buddy are you for clinton or not cause you sure are sucking up to AC alot i guess you know your role in that county AC will destroy yall cause you will be to busy kissin up to them.

haha....Kissing up? Your the one who said that AC was over rated. I'm just letting you know that they are just as good as everyone says. I play for Clinton obviously, and I do know where we stand, we went to regions last year. We are a returning team that will do good, and hopefully prove people wrong again. We also don't get destroyed by AC, and I personally feel we can beat them. By the way you talk, it sounds as if you play for Oliver Springs. For your sake, I hope not; because if you do you have absolutely no room to talk. Nothing against OS, but we know how they were last year, and Clinton did pretty much destroyed them. I don't know why you hate AC, maybe its because you couldn't make their team or your not good enough to play for them, but let it go. I'm not trying to make them sound like Farragut by no means, but they are ligit.