Anderson County Baseball

Steelersfan20

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me? Are we really going to try and start this again?

Lets just think about this for a minute. In order for a player to be able to play for his new transfer school that year, he has to move and live in that county. What player's parents are going to give up their job, and thier life in a different town, to move so their kid can play for AC. If the parents would really do all that for baseball, why not go to Farraguat? If the kid transfers and does not move, you could maybe have a case. Unfortunetly, thats not what happened. Any new transfer AC got moved to that county. It's a pointless arguement....

Are you kidding me? Are we really going to try and start this again?

Lets just think about this for a minute. In order for a player to be able to play for his new transfer school that year, he has to move and live in that county. What player's parents are going to give up their job, and thier life in a different town, to move so their kid can play for AC. If the parents would really do all that for baseball, why not go to Farraguat? If the kid transfers and does not move, you could maybe have a case. Unfortunetly, thats not what happened. Any new transfer AC got moved to that county. It's a pointless arguement....

Are you saying that every player on the AC roster lives in Anderson County? If so, you are sadly mistaken. There is at least one sophomore that lives in Powell. Also, 2 freshman that have played for Guinn's Stars team live in Knox County, but play for AC. I don't know if the Campbell County kid moved and will play this year, or will be forced to sit out. There may be others that I don't know about. A double A team pulling from 3 counties should be pretty strong.

Maybe all these kids are moving for academic reasons. No wait; Anderson County schools are ranked 90th out of 122 systems in the state.

Are you saying that every player on the AC roster lives in Anderson County? If so, you are sadly mistaken. There is at least one sophomore that lives in Powell. Also, 2 freshman that have played for Guinn's Stars team live in Knox County, but play for AC. I don't know if the Campbell County kid moved and will play this year, or will be forced to sit out. There may be others that I don't know about. A double A team pulling from 3 counties should be pretty strong.

Maybe all these kids are moving for academic reasons. No wait; Anderson County schools are ranked 90th out of 122 systems in the state.

Hard to believe this is happening at the same school Larry Kerr is a coach. The sad part is Mike will leave them high and dry once Adam graduates. This is not a good thing for a community. Eric York lives next door to Knox West High School, Rorex should be at Fulton or West, and they ran off a good catcher and a great kid already.

Bobcat and BigFly you really have no idea what you're talkin about....just shut up already with the recruiting bullcrap and all this, this kid should be goin here this kid should be goin there! They got to AC you can't change that.......obviously you have played against AC and have either got spanked or you are gettin ready to play AC and you dont wanna get spanked........i'm just sayin enough of this recruiting crap with coach guinn....its ridiculous. I dont understand why you get on here and talk so much crap ........

Bobcat and BigFly you really have no idea what you're talkin about....just shut up already with the recruiting bullcrap and all this, this kid should be goin here this kid should be goin there! They got to AC you can't change that.......obviously you have played against AC and have either got spanked or you are gettin ready to play AC and you dont wanna get spanked........i'm just sayin enough of this recruiting crap with coach guinn....its ridiculous. I dont understand why you get on here and talk so much crap ........

Nope; never been spanked by AC and I am not worried about ever gettin spanked by AC. I just hate to see kids going out of their home district for purely athletic reasons. High school sports should be about a coach taking the kids from his district, and developing them into the best team possible. It should not be about a coach bringing in players from all over to build the best team possible. That starts in college. There are kids who will live in Anderson County all of their lives that will never play high school baseball because of this practice.

You can label what 89Bobcat and I say as "crap", but you know it is true. Several of your players don't live in Anderson County.

I think Danny Almonte still has some high school eligibility left. Can we expect to see him take the hill for AC? :unsure:

:lol:

Nope; never been spanked by AC and I am not worried about ever gettin spanked by AC. I just hate to see kids going out of their home district for purely athletic reasons. High school sports should be about a coach taking the kids from his district, and developing them into the best team possible. It should not be about a coach bringing in players from all over to build the best team possible. That starts in college. There are kids who will live in Anderson County all of their lives that will never play high school baseball because of this practice.

You can label what 89Bobcat and I say as "crap", but you know it is true. Several of your players don't live in Anderson County.

I think Danny Almonte still has some high school eligibility left. Can we expect to see him take the hill for AC? <_<

Is it possible to get you guys to tell us all what team you pull for so your motives can be revealed?

Recruiting, etc is frowned on by all.......but have you been to AC? the facilities are top notch and the community loves their HS sports. If Guinn (sp?) sat down in the living rooms and asked these folks to come here then he is wrong......but do you honestly think that happened? seriously do you think that happened? I do not....Have you ever thought that these kids and their parents want to come here? At the school i support i have seen kids leave b/c they think they have a better shot at a scholarship at a knoxville school or maybe they like the coach they go to church with etc.....it happens, tough to watch, but it happens. :lol:

I agree with exvol25, I don't think Guinn did go sit in the living rooms of these kids to get them to come to AC. Lets say he did do all that for a second. If he has to cheat and recruit players to make his team that much better, than let it ride on his conscious. Let him know that when he wins his district, or whatever he accomplishes, he will know that he had to cheat. If that is the case. I don't think that it is, but I guess the only one's that will know is the players. So let it go....