Preseason Top 10 in Chattanooga Area....

Bledsoebtheboys

Well I feel sorry for that whole team having to deal with a coach like Norma, i'm just glad that I've never had to deal with a coach like that, and just from watching you can tell she has no idea what she is doing

If Coach Nelson has some talent and support of her parents she can win with the best of them. You can't say she doesn't know what she's doing because she did win the state AAA title in 1992.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor has it, that Ooltewah's third string pitcher did not go out for the team. That should put Ooltewah in a battle for the top spot with Red Bank and Soddy in District 6AAA.

You are showing your ignorance once again. Norma Nelson has never won a state title. She was setting in the winners bracket in 2000 and lost back to back to Beech. The state titles were won by Jim Lovell and Norma was his assistant. Ooltewah will get out of the district this year simply because Red bank has lost a lot of good players. I have followed Ooltewah softball a long time and they have had many talented teams. It is a shame a kid chooses not to play her senior year because a program is surrounded with so many problems. I am not going to call names but I could. There are a lot of very talented players that went to private schools or did not play through the years because of problems at Ooltewah. The achievements of Ooltewah softball under Norma Nelson were and will continue to be due to the talent level that comes in. It says a lot about your character the way you make fun of a certain player and choose to hide behind this computer. If the parents at Ooltewah are like you whether you are from Ooltewah or not, no wonder players choose not to play it sounds like a big old mess to me!

You are showing your ignorance once again. Norma Nelson has never won a state title. She was setting in the winners bracket in 2000 and lost back to back to Beech. The state titles were won by Jim Lovell and Norma was his assistant. Ooltewah will get out of the district this year simply because Red bank has lost a lot of good players. I have followed Ooltewah softball a long time and they have had many talented teams. It is a shame a kid chooses not to play her senior year because a program is surrounded with so many problems. I am not going to call names but I could. There are a lot of very talented players that went to private schools or did not play through the years because of problems at Ooltewah. The achievements of Ooltewah softball under Norma Nelson were and will continue to be due to the talent level that comes in. It says a lot about your character the way you make fun of a certain player and choose to hide behind this computer. If the parents at Ooltewah are like you whether you are from Ooltewah or not, no wonder players choose not to play it sounds like a big old mess to me!

I need to correct the date it was 1997 not 2000 when the Lady Owls were state runner ups. Sorry for the error.

it is a shame that a player that really respects and loves the game has to make a decision like this to not play her senior season. what is sad is that she was told to go home think about her decision over night and make her decision the next day. norma has avoided her since. she does not return calls, avoids her at school. the only way she knew she was not playing came from other players telling her. the other sad part of this story is that the administration has not even approached the player to see what the problem was. i guarantee if the starting halfback on the football team decided not to play football they would be all over trying to find out why. reminds me of a pitcher from east ridge that was going to quit high school all together before her junior year because of the same problems. that adminstration realized there was a problem and did something about it. she came back for her senior season and now as a senior at carson newman she is only a few games from becoming the all time leading pitcher at carson newman.

you speak of the talent coming to ooltewah, what will happen when the new school is built. where will they go then? most don't know that the majority of those great baylor teams were 3 and 4 deep with kids that should have been at ooltewah.????

why?????

The administration knows what the problem is. That's why they chose not to do anything. Case closed! My character? It wasn't me or my daughter run off the team.

Your character speaks loudly from all your posts going all the way back to last year. What about the state titles? I thought that was the issue. Were you once again proven wrong in what you think you know so you choose to go off bashing this kid and her family like you always do. No one will know the truth until you ask the family and they have more class than to come on here and to discuss their personal business. I bet Softball Scout has just about hit the nail on the head. And as far as administration they don't care about a girl sport like softball. They care about what brings money into the school. I would be careful making statements about a player being run off a team if there is a lawsuit brought about because of statements like this you may be forced in a court to come clean about who you are and what you know. And there again that says it all about Ooltewah softball me and my daughter were not "run Off" the team. There is obviously a discipline problem that the coach cannot handle. Maybe this case isn't closed maybe it's just fixing to be opened. My advice to you is to be careful what you say if you don't know the facts.

Your character speaks loudly from all your posts going all the way back to last year. What about the state titles? I thought that was the issue. Were you once again proven wrong in what you think you know so you choose to go off bashing this kid and her family like you always do. No one will know the truth until you ask the family and they have more class than to come on here and to discuss their personal business. I bet Softball Scout has just about hit the nail on the head. And as far as administration they don't care about a girl sport like softball. They care about what brings money into the school. I would be careful making statements about a player being run off a team if there is a lawsuit brought about because of statements like this you may be forced in a court to come clean about who you are and what you know. And there again that says it all about Ooltewah softball me and my daughter were not "run Off" the team. There is obviously a discipline problem that the coach cannot handle. Maybe this case isn't closed maybe it's just fixing to be opened. My advice to you is to be careful what you say if you don't know the facts.

I really find it hard to believe you would come on here and admit you are an Ooltewah parent and that you and your daughter were not run off the team. It really speaks volumes.

The administration knows what the problem is. That's why they chose not to do anything. Case closed! My character? It wasn't me or my daughter run off the team.

Who said anything about being ran off the team? My understanding is that she QUIT! How about you back off the Rice family and focus on you and your daughter. And how about that State Title Coach Nelson DID NOT win. Are we going to talk about that? You have made it clear to everyone in here that you have no idea what you are talking about. So some advice to you...stick to what you know, NOTHING!

OK so are you saying that the administration at Ooltewah doesn't care about girl sports or just doesn't care about Rice? I'm confused. Would you be willing to explain yourself? And another question, how can you speak for the administration if you aren’t one? Don’t speak for someone or something you know nothing about. Some how it always seems to end up this way, you not knowing facts about anything you are trying to talk about. Why is that?

Rumor has it, that Ooltewah's third string pitcher did not go out for the team. That should put Ooltewah in a battle for the top spot with Red Bank and Soddy in District 6AAA.

The more I read the more I find out just how dumb you are. Yet another question for you ole wise one...If a third string pitcher quits how does that up your chances for a top spot? That has to be one of the dumbest comments I've read yet. Once again, I ask you to explain yourself. Please me, and everyone else on here, are dying to hear this.....

How about this...Does this meen that fourth string pitcher that stood on first base last year gets moved up to third string???

Edited by picker25

OK so are you saying that the administration at Ooltewah doesn't care about girl sports or just doesn't care about Rice? I'm confused. Would you be willing to explain yourself? And another question, how can you speak for the administration if you aren’t one? Don’t speak for someone or something you know nothing about. Some how it always seems to end up this way, you not knowing facts about anything you are trying to talk about. Why is that?

Why is everyone making things so personal?

Why is everyone making things so personal?

If you had ever been involved in Ooltewah Softball in any way you would understand. One family runs that program and they have for years. All you have to do is ask some old timers in Chattanooga they will tell you who it is. They are why a lot of girls choose to go elsewhere. I warned the Rice's about this several years ago. It sounds like Wilson 25 has a chip on her shoulder about something. Did she think her daughter should have been the starting pitcher? I don't know but if she is who I suspect that she is that is probably her problem. JEALOUSY! If things haven't changed at Ooltewah and it doesn't sound like they have. That program is not about winning and setting high goals to achieve. It is about whiny parents, playing time, and where there child gets to be in the batting order. The excuse of building self esteem, and having class excuses the lackluster performances. As I have said many times so much talent through the years and so little reward to show for it. Maybe we shouldn't feel sorry for Rice for missing her senior year. It sounds like she made a well thought out mature decision. I don't know how a coach could feel good in any way about letting a player like that slip through her program. Oh Well, she's not the first and will not be the last.