Waynesboro

PHAT4

collinwood will be much improved overall i think. They will be much bigger. The linebacker tandem of andrew daniel and matt borden will make it very hard to run against collinwood. For the first time in many many years, they will have plenty of big linemen. They lost some backs who were outstanding but they always have plenty of backs so i dont see a problem there. Borden, daniel, and jessup dixon will be plenty in the backfield. Only difference is they are big guys as opposed to the little guys that played the last three or four years. Look for a much more physical defense with the same versatile offense.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

collinwood will be much improved overall i think. They will be much bigger. The linebacker tandem of andrew daniel and matt borden will make it very hard to run against collinwood. For the first time in many many years, they will have plenty of big linemen. They lost some backs who were outstanding but they always have plenty of backs so i dont see a problem there. Borden, daniel, and jessup dixon will be plenty in the backfield. Only difference is they are big guys as opposed to the little guys that played the last three or four years. Look for a much more physical defense with the same versatile offense.

Coach Crews is a great football coach and a better person. I know he cares about his players and sets a good example for them. If Coach Rice goes back there, they will be in good hands. Everybody knows he can coach.

For the people in this thread predicting Cornersville to be a contender, I don't see that. I know they will work hard and play hard, but I don't think they will be contenders. They would have been 0-10 last year if it hadn't been for the schedule change.

I'm not at all certain that this is true. So far we've heard three "for sures." I think we need to give this a little more time.

More time for more "HooDoo" :D If there is one thing these players dont need its more time without a coach. These young men deserve to have some leadership, and not having a coach around in the early stages of Spring Training can cause problems.

I wont say who told me that but Id trust this source. Im not just stirring things up.

Edited by GreenMan

More time for more "HooDoo" :unsure: If there is one thing these players dont need its more time without a coach. These young men deserve to have some leadership, and not having a coach around in the early stages of Spring Training can cause problems.

I wont say who told me that but Id trust this source. Im not just stirring things up.

I don't mean more time for "HooDoo," I mean more time to see who is really named coach. Yes, these young men need a coach in place for Spring Training...absolutely.

If we're talking about the same person, he has zero coaching experience and is not even listed on the State of Tennessee web site as having a teaching certificate. Sort of makes that choice hard to believe, regardless of connections.

If we're talking about the same person, he has zero coaching experience and is not even listed on the State of Tennessee web site as having a teaching certificate. Sort of makes that choice hard to believe, regardless of connections.

My thoughts exactly. Thats why I brought up the "HooDoo" thing.

Coaching experience means nothing when someone is being hired "reguarding connections".

The Teaching Certificate could, however, come into play.

here is another rumor around the mill.

bronson bradley has been coaching under coach rice in perry county for the 4 or 5 years and they both may be coming back to the boro. but i also hear that bradley would take over pc if rice leaves. it is the first time i have heard his name in the running but he has experience and being from waynesboro he may have connections.

Whoever is going to get the job, they need to hurry, most schools have already had spring training.

the board at waynesboro needs to make a decision! this is getting rediculous.

Brian Coggins and Gallian would be two good ones to work under Rice but I don't know if one could be a Head Coach just yet. I do think that their playing experience could help the program and it would be easy for them to get respect from the kids. I did'nt think Gallian had a teaching degree, I could be wrong. He could be a volunteer if that is the case. I think Rice is the man for the job. Great Coach!