Bearden

hcaoc

I have to agree with the old dad (maybe a first). If coach hardegree is hired, he can play who he wants. I can remember when coach shepherd was hired at Halls, his son took over QB duties as a sophomore (not in the same year as the hire) there was a bit of a stink in the community, but two years later Halls was playing for a state title. The only negative seems to be the fact that coach hardegree may be gone in a few years and the administration probably doesn't want that.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete,

I am honored.

Ole Dad

I have to agree with the old dad (maybe a first). If coach hardegree is hired, he can play who he wants. I can remember when coach shepherd was hired at Halls, his son took over QB duties as a sophomore (not in the same year as the hire) there was a bit of a stink in the community, but two years later Halls was playing for a state title. The only negative seems to be the fact that coach hardegree may be gone in a few years and the administration probably doesn't want that.

BHS Football

You were leading the fight for Grey to get the job. What are your thoughts know that your leader left you and the dogs at the altar wearing the bridal gown.

It would be selfish and misunderstading to scathe the man for his decision. Nobody on here knows or understands completely why he made the decision he did, and neither do I. But I know the man, and I know he did what he thought was best for his family, himself, and our program. If he could not give us his all, he did not want to come. I am not bitter towards him. I think he was treated unfairly, by who, I'm not sure and I won't mention.

I just want these guys to get a coach. I've played, sweated, and bled with these guys for 4 years. They deserve better, especially after the crap that has occured the past two seasons.

BHS,

Some of these guys kill me on here. They have no idea of what went on (neither do I) but are quick to make decisions about someone that they know nothing about. He wasn't the first coach to turn down a job nor will he be the last. He will be successful in whatever he does and Beaden will eventually get a coach that can work within their quarks.

Ole Dad

It would be selfish and misunderstading to scathe the man for his decision. Nobody on here knows or understands completely why he made the decision he did, and neither do I. But I know the man, and I know he did what he thought was best for his family, himself, and our program. If he could not give us his all, he did not want to come. I am not bitter towards him. I think he was treated unfairly, by who, I'm not sure and I won't mention.

I just want these guys to get a coach. I've played, sweated, and bled with these guys for 4 years. They deserve better, especially after the crap that has occured the past two seasons.

TVA - who would hire the man you are talking about. He has moved more times that exlax has tablets.

Reddevil1: How would you know who I am talking about? Just who do you think it is? And at this point, what does moving to better your professional growth have to do with this hire, the school is currently without a coach.

If Hardegree is the choice, he will only stay for a short time. How long? Bo Knows.

Edited by TVA

BHS so if Hardegree comes to Bearden and starts his son over the current starter do you believe the communtiy and players will support him?

Certainly. Our players are not selfish. The politics will end with a new coach hopefully, because that crap has gone on way too much the past couple of years.

Edited by BHSfootball

TVA,

Your right. After going back and looking at your post, I'm not so sure who you are talking about.

At first I thought you were talking about a former Catholic, Jeff Co, Farragut, Halls and McMinn teacher - coach.

If not then I am wrong!

No, Reddevil1, you are way off base. Since Bearden has made no further efforts to contact this man, aside from the first interview, I will not name him ( to avoid any undue pressure at his current school ). But it is safe to say that this man is a winner and has guided and help guide some good programs to some great wins.

He could do the job for Bearden. But it looks as if time and an administration that does not have the kids or the program or winning in mind will prevent us from finding out.