West TN Jamboree

Svebakken

what does everyone think about the FRA games with Madison and Sheffield?

I am looking forward to the outcome of FRA vs. Sheffield. I would LOVE to come watch that game. FRA has been such a dominant team of talent and size, and Sheffield always has so much individual talent. Keep us posted on the outcome!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a copy of the West TN Jamboree schedule. Any one have any thoughts? What matchups look good?

WEST TN HIGH SCHOOL

MEN’S VARSITY SOCCER JAMBOREE

March 4th, 2006; Jackson North Park

Participating Teams

1. JCS 6. Haywood 11. ECS 16. Sheffield

2. St. George’s 7. Covington 12. Madison 17. Milan

3. South Side 8. North Side 13. FRA 18. Chester

4. Westview 9. Scotts Hill 14. HenryCounty 19. Dyersburg

5. Liberty 10. Kingsbury 15. USJ 20. Lexington

Game Schedule

Field 1 Field 2 Field 3 Field 4 Field 5

10 AM 1 v 6 5 v 7 2 v 8 3 v 4 9 v 10

11 AM 20 v 19 15 v 16 13 v 14 17 v 18 12 v 11

12 PM 1 v 7 2 v 5 4 v 10 3 v 9 6 v 8

1 PM 18 v 20 12 v 13 16 v 17 15 v 19 14 v 11

2 PM 4 v 9 5 v 10 1 v 3 2 v 6 7 v 8

3 PM 16 v 13 11 v 15 12 v 14 18 v 19 20 v 17

Is this still the schedule? I've seen a different schedele. When was this one issued? Thanks for any info

The only thing that is incorrect on here is Lexington. They dropped out at the last minute and have been replaced by Trinity. Other than that, it is the final up to date copy.

Thanks for the heads-up that will effect us. (d-burg) Who is this St. George team you are scheduled to play? I take it from another post that you were also at the USJ scrimmage fest last Saturday scouting like we were. It's going to be a great year!

St.George is a brand new team this year. They are a division 2 team from Memphis though. I've heard that they had a JV team before and this is their first year varsity. Someone else said though, that he thought they had mostly freshman and somphmores. I hope they are good for their own sake. They are in a region with CBHS, MUS, and ECS. They could be in for a long year if they don't have some talent. I guess we will see on Saturday.

I look forward to seeing the FRA Sheffield results. Two great teams, with different styles of play. They both play hard and agressive soccer. I don't know how much each lost for graduation, but they consistantly are tough competition.

Okay-this is probably a stupid question that i'm about to ask, but..The schedule for this Jamboree actually says Franklin Academy not FRA. IS Franklin Academy the same as FRA? I thought FRA was Father Ryan. So are Franklin Academy and Father Ryan different schools or the same or what?

Edited by JOE23

Definately different schools. Father Ryan is Father Ryan. FRA is Franklin Road Academy. Both are good teams. Father Ryan won state in Divison 2 last year, along with beating the top AAA teams and the only A/AA team they played. FRA was the top ranked A/AA team for most of last season, but lost in the state semifinals. Both are highly respected programs.

I had opened up another thread to post reults, but I guess everyone is just going on this thread. A few other games I saw scores of were:

Westview 0 Kingsbury 1

Westview 12 Southside 0

Liberty 5 Covington 1

Liberty 1 Kingsbury 1

Liberty 0 St.George's 2

Haywood 4 JCS 0

Haywood 3 Northside 0

Haywood 1 St.George's 0