hey wayne co vs. summertown

rachy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Summertown (22-3, 12-1) hosts Wayne County (20-5, 10-3) in the final important district game before the District 12A tournament. Summertown, winners of 12 straight, needed overtime to put Wayne County away on the Lady Wildcats homefloor by 3 in their last meeting back on January 10th. The Lady Ealges will look to contain Wayne County's strong inside game while limiting outside shots for Senior Brooke Staggs. Wayne County will have to choose their poison between the outside shots of Summertown or the inside dominance of Emily Franks as stopping both is no easy task. Both teams will look to control the tempo with Summertown pushing and Wayne County slowing things down. If this game turns into a footrace (which I suspect it might), things could get bad for the much bigger, yet slower Wayne County team.

As stated earlier, a win by Summertwon would force Wayne County into a tie for 3rd with Perry County which would result in a coin toss. Loser of the coin toss would have to play Summertown in the semi-finals of the district. A win by Wayne County would put them into a tie with Collinwood for 2nd in the district, which would result in a coin toss as well, but really wouldn't change things as they would still face each other in the semi-finals regardless of who received the #2 seed.

With this game being at Summertown and this district's tendency for drama, I'm giving the edge to the Lady Eagles by 5 forcing the tie between Wayne County and Perry County for 3rd in 12A.

Thinking it will be a tight game as it usually is. Summertown is a much faster team, if they can get a few fast breaks I see them leading at the half by 3. Summertown is a second half team and will lead going into the fourth. I think though it will come down to what ref's are there and who can hit their foul shots at the end. I predict Summertown by 7. Take it to the hole, Em. Go Lady Eagles. :thumb: