USJ's new Indoor Practice Facility/Locker Room

necvol

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious how you think the new facility, which will probably be the best high school facility in the state, will or won't help USJ compete this year and for years to come.

I think any type of indoor facility is a leg up on most high school teams. This should give USJ an advantage for years to come. I hear it was mostly from donations. This sounds very generous to me. USJ is not the only school with money, are they?

Edited by wes_c_addle

Who all is coming back necvol? I know Gant and Nelson

Infielders include Spencer Nelson, Josh Liles, Clayton Gant, Danny Grimm, Jimmy Henson and a promising group of Freshmen and 8th Graders.

Players that will likely play both infield and outfield are Will Dement, Jake Hanson and Benjie Fesmire.

Outfielders include Will Glen, Zach Smith, Ward Martindale and a promising group of Freshmen and 8th Graders.

Pitchers include Spencer Nelson, Clayton Gant, Will Dement, Will Glen, Benjie Fesmire, Danny Grimm, Jake Hanson and a promising group of Freshmen and 8th Graders.

I hate listing players because I probably left someone out. There are a couple of 8th Graders that I understand may contribute quite a bit at several positions including pitching.

Infielders include Spencer Nelson, Josh Liles, Clayton Gant, Danny Grimm, Jimmy Henson and a promising group of Freshmen and 8th Graders.

Players that will likely play both infield and outfield are Will Dement, Jake Hanson and Benjie Fesmire.

Outfielders include Will Glen, Zach Smith, Ward Martindale and a promising group of Freshmen and 8th Graders.

Pitchers include Spencer Nelson, Clayton Gant, Will Dement, Will Glen, Benjie Fesmire, Danny Grimm, Jake Hanson and a promising group of Freshmen and 8th Graders.

I hate listing players because I probably left someone out. There are a couple of 8th Graders that I understand may contribute quite a bit at several positions including pitching.

Did yalls CF who got hurt last year ever go anywhere to play when he got better?

Edited by dwolford12

I'm curious how you think the new facility, which will probably be the best high school facility in the state, will or won't help USJ compete this year and for years to come.

USJ has been competing for years and not just in single A. The new facility from what I hear is awesome. It's a dream come true. Who wouldn't love to have a top notch indoor facility totally donated to them? What kid wouldn't love to have that as their clubhouse? Many colleges do not have that luxury. IMO this could be a factor in making a decision on where to send your kid to play high school ball if you want to be able to work year round and compete. So yes it would help ...

Keep this in mind many great players in the NBA came from nothing but asphalt and a rim with a chain . I guess what I'm trying to say is you gotta have the work ethic to go with the facility. I have heard this 8th grade group coming up has the talent and work ethic . USJ should be in good shape for many years.

In my opinion they do not need a new facility when they get players to come from everywhere in the NATION. I mean crap, maybe they will lose a few games since they move up a little after taking places in A State Tourney's from public schools when they should have been D2.

Why in the world "should" they be in D2? They abide by all the rules that everyone else does. I smell a hint of jealousy. ;)

In my opinion they do not need a new facility when they get players to come from everywhere in the NATION. I mean crap, maybe they will lose a few games since they move up a little after taking places in A State Tourney's from public schools when they should have been D2.

Yeah, all the top rated players from all over the NATION sure beat down USJ's doors to come play Class A baseball the last few years.