Brentwood Acad. 78 Memphis Mitchell 67 FINAL

itzme

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from the game. Josh Bone was clearly the BA player of the game, he rained 3's on the Mitchell defense, had at least 6-7 rebounds and did a great job against a tough Mitchell press. Brian Wright made a couple of plays where you wondered who was the player in Brians uniform. One time he took a pass on the base line took one dribble and dunked over two Mitchell players. Brandon Brown did a great job on the offensive and defensive boards. And Brandan did his usual great job! I would have never thought this team would have beaten the best of West Tennessee, win the City of Palms and Arby's Classic and still have a chance to win the State Championship. Who would have thought after this years schedule the only losses would have come from two mid-state teams, Shelbyville and Whites Creek. Interesting year....

Guest dare_2_dream

I saw on the news that Ridgeway beat Holly Springs, MS 75-66.

Holly Springs has a player in #10, Brandon forgot his last name. That kid has a very very nice jumper on him. HSHS fans travel well and are very entertaining.

Guest dare_2_dream

the ridgeway and holly springs game was the best of the day...that game was a joy to watch

glad to see you made it home safely. and yes i agree, those two teams battled the whole game, hated to see HSHS lose honestly though.

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> defeats Bolivar and Mitchell in a two day period. Josh Bone played great tonight for BA. Wright didn't have to do as much since Bone, Brian Wright and Brandon Brown played so well.

BA played without there starting PG the last two games (Kottas), so they kept alternating Bone and Wright bringing the ball up.

Thaddeous Young is a great player. As far as team is concerned, BA is definitely better. Mitchell was just as talented as BA, but they are not very well disciplined or well coached.

It is great that these teams face each other and care less about there records.

(Since I was unexpectantly fortunate enough to get off work early and attend today's final two games, I'd like to offer up a few observations-- for what they're worth)

First of all, Holly Springs is OVERATED!

Holly Springs came into its game with Ridgeway undefeated (22-0 or so), yet appeared overmatched vs an average (15-7 or so) Roadrunner squad. The score was not as close as the final score indicated. Holly Springs simply did not have enough height or depth. ...kinda' makes one wonder about its strength of schedule.

Anyway, Clay9, many knowledgeable Memphis HS basketball fans share your view of Mitchell (no disrespect intended). Its loss to BA underscores those views.

Brentwood Academy...I have nothing but praise for them--they have an outstanding TEAM! A group of unselfish players seemingly committed to the pass first, shot second. It's beautiful to watch. Oh yeah, solid defense also.

Brandan Wright -- I love his game! He's an explosive, skinny "big man" that plays strong and smart, and can literally do it all. His presence on the court makes all his teammates better.....He has great hands and seems well schooled in the art of dribble, pass, shoot and rebound. The guy must have had 6 or 7 beautiful assists, from the low-post, to go along with a boatload of points and rebounds. Heck, the guy even brought the ball up the court a number of times, with deft point-guard-like ball handling skills and court vision. He has deceptive quickness off-the-dribble and can finish in the paint. Wow, he's a triple-double just waiting to happen!

Joshua Bone-- The dude can flat-out shoot the basketball; solid overall player.

As for Mitchell's Thaddeous Young... This kid is simply a man amongst boys. This guy has about as complete a game as I've ever witnessed in a High School player! He can do everything that Brandan Wright can do, PLUS he has more range and agility. He made shots from every conceiveable angle, while under constant duress....Folks, Thad Young is worth the price of admission--a bona fide future NBA star in the making. BTW, So is Brandon Wright... OBVIOUSLY!

All in all, great games today at the Nike Hardwood Classic, featuring loads of talent and lots and lots of fans. I'm glad I got to check it out, afterall (and see Brandan Wright in action for the 1st time). Hopefully the organizers will make this into an annual event!

Edited by TraderB

(Since I was unexpectantly fortunate enough to get off work early and attend today's final two games, I'd like to offer up a few observations-- for what they're worth)

First of all, Holly Springs is OVERATED!

Holly Springs came into its game with Ridgeway undefeated (22-0 or so), yet appeared overmatched vs an average (15-7 or so) Roadrunner squad. The score was not as close as the final score indicated. Holly Springs simply did not have enough height or depth. ...kinda' makes one wonder about its strength of schedule.

Anyway, Clay9, many knowledgeable Memphis HS basketball fans share your view of Mitchell (no disrespect intended). Its loss to BA underscores those views.

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>...I have nothing but praise for them--they have an outstanding TEAM! A group of unselfish players seemingly committed to the pass first, shot second. It's beautiful to watch. Oh yeah, solid defense also.

Brandan Wright -- I love his game! He's an explosive, skinny "big man" that plays strong and smart, and can literally do it all. His presence on the court makes all his teammates better.....He has great hands and seems well schooled in the art of dribble, pass, shoot and rebound. The guy must have had 6 or 7 beautiful assists, from the low-post, to go along with a boatload of points and rebounds. Heck, the guy even brought the ball up the court a number of times, with deft point-guard-like ball handling skills and court vision. He has deceptive quickness off-the-dribble and can finish in the paint. Wow, he's a triple-double just waiting to happen!

Joshua Bone-- The dude can flat-out shoot the basketball; solid overall player.

As for Mitchell's Thaddeous Young... This kid is simply a man amongst boys. This guy has about as complete a game as I've ever witnessed in a High School player! He can do everything that Brandan Wright can do, PLUS he has more range and agility. He made shots from every conceiveable angle, while under constant duress....Folks, Thad Young is worth the price of admission--a bona fide future NBA star in the making. BTW, So is Brandon Wright... OBVIOUSLY!

All in all, great games today at the Nike Hardwood Classic, featuring loads of talent and lots and lots of fans. I'm glad I got to check it out, afterall (and see Brandan Wright in action for the 1st time). Hopefully the organizers will make this into an annual event!

Agree with you fully.

Have you noticed that everybody in Tennessee says a team is overrated after we beat them. How many times this season alone has our teams from this state beat the "Great Teams" from other states. Our players dont get the respect on a national stand point that they deserve. We flat out ball here, no half stepping on our #1's games. Perfect example.....people on here talk all about how Lexington is overrated, and they have no chance on getting to play for the gold ball. Yet they (and Haywood might I add) beat a 5A powerhouse from Alabama that is favored to win it all in their state. The team has 1 3 star player ( that is nominated to be a McDonalds All-American) and 1 4 star (1 of the top juniors in Alabama, also a Univeristy of Georgia signee) that are thought to be some of the top in the nation, yet they come to this state and get used by Mack Gardner.

And still, Brandan Wright makes me ask Greg who? If that kid shouldnt be the #1 player in the nation, I dont know who should. So much talent here, so little respect, even though 2 of our D-I colleges are in the top 25. And, their star recruits happen to be from this state. Memphis even will have a chance to land Tyler Smith, another player that should be ranked higher.

Edited by PrepFanatic

Holly Springs has a player in #10, Brandon forgot his last name. That kid has a very very nice jumper on him. HSHS fans travel well and are very entertaining.

Dare2Dream,

I think you're talking about #11, the point guard--aren't you?

His deadly shooting single-handedly got Holly High back into the game vs. Ridgeway. I can't remember his name, but he reminded me of Alan Iverson (no exaggeration): quick, difficult to guard 1-on-1, sweet jumper, can get to the rack and finish. Plus, he's an excellent free throw shooter. He's a bona fide D1 guard, IMO.

BTW, Holly Springs, MS is a little-bitty town located only about 30 to 45 minutes East of Memphis. Those residents have always supported their Hawks, with unrestrained enthusiasm. They talk some serious "smack," even the women! <_<

Have you noticed that everybody in Tennessee says a team is overrated after we beat them. How many times this season alone has our teams from this state beat the "Great Teams" from other states. Our players dont get the respect on a national stand point that they deserve. We flat out ball here, no half stepping on our #1's games. Perfect example.....people on here talk all about how Lexington is overrated, and they have no chance on getting to play for the gold ball. Yet they (and Haywood might I add) beat a 5A powerhouse from Alabama that is favored to win it all in their state. The team as 1 3 star player ( that is nominated to be a McDonalds All-American) and 1 4 star (1 of the top juniors in Alabama, also a Univeristy of Georgia signee) that are thought to be some of the top in the nation, yet they come to this state and get used by Mack Gardner.

And still, Brandan Wright makes me ask Greg who? If that kid shouldnt be the #1 player in the nation, I dont know who should. So much talent here, so little respect, even though 2 of our D-I colleges are in the top 25. And, their star recruits happen to be from this state. Memphis even will have a chance to land Tyler Smith, another player that should be raned higher.

PrepFanatic,

Man, you've got a good point! There is some great basketball being played in Tennessee. Proof positive.

One of these days Tennessee HS basketball is gonna be given the respect it deserves.