District 1 AAA Tournament

ArtVandalay

Oh,well,my mistake then,I know refs aren't perfect,and I'd hate to have their job,and they do miss the feet shuffle I agree with you there,they are just always the easiest to blame.That was just a big misunderstanding,good luck to your Indians on Tuesday.I hope for a good clean game,and hopefully come Wednesday afternoon when I got on this site I'll be able to brag about something.

Good luck everybody :thumb:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me an idiot, ill forget about it wen im cheering for my team on tuesday, and your thinking about that red-haired kids cojenes. Why would you come anyways, the officiating would be horrible

1 and 1, slack off the insults. No one on here that has commended us for a good game is actually a Volunteer fan. They just recognized a great game. The call at the end of the fourth quater is not in question if we take care of business in overtime. Jared only touched the ball once in overtime. We, the coaching staff, will never make excuses for a questionable call. During the game, there were calls that went both ways. DB won the game, but we believe we just ran out of time. Our kids played their hearts out and were almost rewarded. So please slack on the insults, esecially about a freshman. We have much respect for DB and all the other programs in District 1 AAA, AA, and A. I am a DB grad from long ago and it disheartens me to see those few who take the "insult approach" to try and make DB look great. They already have a great program and the insults only marr people's perception of that great program in which "CMO Inc." have put together.

To the Volunteer guys...... you showed in one night what the coaching staff believed you could do all year long. Though it wasn't a win, you showed you can compete with the best of them. Let's build on this and get ready for next year.

As stated before........ Good luck to the Hill, the Tribe, the Cougars, and the Rebels. May you represent our District well. Hopefully this will be the final four of the Region tourney. Believe and you can do it!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!

come on Stokomo, you know good and well that every volunteer student would have been insulting the "almighty" DB, saying how bad we were if we loss. Quit trying to make everyone feel sorry for Volunteer. Of course they played hard, they forced it into overtime. But we were eliminated in the first round last year, you gotta turn that sulking for yourself into a drive to win next year. All i know is that DB is just gonna get better this year, and next year. So its just time to focus on the Sullivan Central Cougars

come on Stokomo, you know good and well that every volunteer student would have been insulting the "almighty" DB, saying how bad we were if we loss. Quit trying to make everyone feel sorry for Volunteer. Of course they played hard, they forced it into overtime. But we were eliminated in the first round last year, you gotta turn that sulking for yourself into a drive to win next year. All i know is that DB is just gonna get better this year, and next year. So its just time to focus on the Sullivan Central Cougars

I heard a rumor Sat. that this was going to be CMO's last year, got a offer from another school. Has anybody heard this?

If DB wins I will not be on here saying anything about the refs,too much stuff can happen during a game for a ref to decide the game,I just hate that the walk call was made when it was.

Good luck to everybody :)

Sure you will be talking about the refs.....you just did say something about them when referring to the walk call...

You are absolutely crazy if you don't think the refs were horrible ALL night long!!

I'm not disagreeing...but you didn't say anything about "all night long" you specifically pointed out that the refs handed DB a win and they tried to take a win from the Cougars...they way I saw it was Volunteer and Boone played great games

But as I said..of course you would see those 2 games that way because of the DB hate. how about some credit to some great performances Cody 34, throp with 21, Mann with 25 (10 in the 4th), and a freshman for Volunteer with 20! say what you will about the refs handing DB the game but Volunteer took 40 free throws themselves and Mann got 3 DB players in foul trouble...I think 5 guys fouled out (3 for DB) including Cody. And DB had cruised to an 18 point lead before the Falcons caught fire.

and how did the refs almost hand Boone a win? Central took 27 free tosses to Boones 12....hmmmm :)

I'm not disagreeing...but you didn't say anything about "all night long" you specifically pointed out that the refs handed DB a win and they tried to take a win from the Cougars...they way I saw it was Volunteer and Boone played great games

But as I said..of course you would see those 2 games that way because of the DB hate. how about some credit to some great performances Cody 34, throp with 21, Mann with 25 (10 in the 4th), and a freshman for Volunteer with 20! say what you will about the refs handing DB the game but Volunteer took 40 free throws themselves and Mann got 3 DB players in foul trouble...I think 5 guys fouled out (3 for DB) including Cody. And DB had cruised to an 18 point lead before the Falcons caught fire.

and how did the refs almost hand Boone a win? Central took 27 free tosses to Boones 12....hmmmm :)

Exactly, players were fouling out left and right (thanks to the refs). Sensebaugh had a very impressive night, he had what, the first 13 or so points for his team? JoJo Throp on the other hand is not one of my favorites. He's is a little to big for his britches I think. I don't hate DB, DB is a great ball team. I just don't like a few specific players, but hey that's with every school I guess and everyone has their opinions.

I didn't say that the refs almost handed Central the loss, but I will say that the refs were terrible!!! Would not call a walk and other little things for nothing!! Just all around not very good officiating.

I think the DB/ Central game will be an exciting game tomorrow night. I hope for a big crowd. :)

First of all, the refs were not as bad as everyone was making them out to be. I was a somewhat neutral fan at these 1st round games and I saw it like it really was without a bias opinion. Yes, I am a DB grad, but I was not there to root for DB because, frankly, I haven't gotten to see them much this year. Yes there were bad calls all around but the refs certainly were not biased. You can say what you want but DB was in foul trouble ALL night long as was Central. The 3.3 seconds put back on the clock were almost correct. I have seen a camera that shows about 2.9 or 3.0. Either way, Coty missed the shot so the extra time did not affect the outcome one bit.

Second of all, congrats to Volunteer on a gutsy performance. However, I will say they need to stop with the pity stuff. No one will feel sorry for Volunteer just because they kept the game close. The reality is, they were getting blown out and DB got in foul trouble, let up, stop playing hard until it mattered, whatever you want to call him. But, Volunteer never gave up. Like I said, congratulations you really did Church Hill proud.

Third of all, the DB student section, as mentioned earlier in this thread, was horrible. But, what can you expect? When you have a school that has consistently kicked another's butt, how can you expect the fans to be much into the game. The same is true with every school. I bet if you take any other school in the conference and put them up against Crockett, East, or Volunteer the students would not be a factor in those games either. That's just the way it works.

Finally, I am not convinced that heatplaya is in fact Omar Wattad himself. If not, it must be his boyfriend/girlfriend. I have CLOSELY followed his posts and EVERY SINGLE post of his talks about Omar and Omar only. There are even posts when he talks about Omar doing it all by himself and not having any help on his team and actually blaming losses on his teammates. The fact of the matter is, Omar may or may not be getting recruited by D1 schools, but if so, they will be sorry D1 schools. While he is a good player, if you think he could step on the court and contribute at any school in the top 50 of college basketball right now, you have no idea about basketball and what is required at that level.

Good luck to all teams tomorrow night and then in Greeneville next week!