Tough draws at State Tournament

BayouBear

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Private schools had the option of staying in DI by not giving financial aid or they could elect to move to DII. I think Boyd Buchanan is one private school that has been DI from the split. As I'm sure you're aware Notre Dame and Knox Catholic have moved from DII to DI this year.

Sly, you are correct in the fact most private schools went to DII because they give financial aid, however, you must remember that public schools give financial aid. No student who attends school in his district pays for the cost of his education. The students also receive books and transportation. I see so many school buses taking students to Red Bank, Soddy Daisy, Hixon, and even East Ridge. I bet you none of these students are paying for this, therefore, they are receiving financial aid.

Edited by hespinnedref

Sly, you are correct in the fact most private schools went to DII because they give financial aide, however, you must remember that public schools give financial aide. No student who attends school in his district pays for the cost of his education. The students also receive books and transportation. I see so many school buses taking students to Red Bank, Soddy Daisy, Hixon, and even East Ridge. I bet you none of these students are paying for this, therefore, they are receiving financial aide.

Even though Notre Dame and Knoxville Catholic have moved to DI, I am sure the Catholic students are paying less tuition then their non-Catholic counterparts because the diocese or their parish church pays a portion, if they are contributing to their parish church. Could a Notre Dame/Knoxville Catholic parent advise.

Thanks.

Edited by hespinnedref

hespinnedref, I just got one big word for you TAXES. Ever heard of them. Besides that a lot of schools require students to pay for books now too. Also, you have to go to the public school you are zoned for and it is illegal to recruit outside of the students zoned for your school. Your post made absolutely no since at all.

WV, I agree with you on this. It is quite interesting to see BB comment on this. D1 voted to separate into two tournaments so your guys could have a better chance to win. Enough said on that. Now you want to tell them how to run their tournament. Priceless! I guess you will want a Master Card next.

It's a good thing I'm in a good mood today or as I like to refer to it as, "the consider the source mood."

hespinnedref, I just got one big word for you TAXES. Ever heard of them. Besides that a lot of schools require students to pay for books now too. Also, you have to go to the public school you are zoned for and it is illegal to recruit outside of the students zoned for your school. Your post made absolutely no since at all.

You can start with the Memphis jokes, I have heard most of them, but illegal or not recruiting is an art form in Memphis. Maybe not in wrestling so much, but basketball and football it happens every year.

Having read your post, I can see why something so simple would be so difficult to read. TAXES are paid by everybody, not just the families who attend public school. So, parents paying to send their children to private schools are assisting in the paying of the education of students in public schools. Also, you do not have to attend the school you are zoned for. If the school that you want to attend offers a class that is not being offered at the school in your zone, you can requestt a change. Not all students who attend public schools are zoned for their respective schools. You are the one who absolutely does not make SENSE if you believe that public schools do not look at athletes from other zones. You may want to call it something different. I never mentioned recruiting until you brought it up.

My post makes perfect SENSE and regardless of how you want to redirect the topic, TAXES pay for the education which are paid for public and private parents. This is called financial aide.

You can start with the Memphis jokes, I have heard most of them, but illegal or not recruiting is an art form in Memphis. Maybe not in wrestling so much, but basketball and football it happens every year.

Maniack, I agree with you and believe that basketball is king in Memphis, right behind Jerry Lawler, and I too, have heard some wild stories, rumors of what goes on over there. Just look at the elections.

"TAXES are paid by everybody, not just the families who attend public school."

Exactly, which means everybody pays to go and receive their education and nobody gets money off the tuition that is set for the school. Now in Tennessee we don't have an income tax so everybody pays the same sales tax percentage regardless of income. The private schools have a tuition and students get money taking off that tuition based on financial need. That is essientially a scholarship. Now I'm not going to be the one that says public schools don't recruit. I'm sure lots of them do. However, for them to do so is illegal. Private schools can legally do it in the name of financial need. Also, I couldn't careless if the athletics are split into DI and DII or not. I don't have any kids and I am well out of school so I no longer have a dog in the fight. I just merely want to point out. Nobody is going to school for free. We all pay taxes to fund our education. I can't help it if someone chooses to go to a private school where they have to pay again.

ive never been to a state duals tournament so i was wondering how many mats are at the state duals

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE STATE DUALS OR INDV?

I KNOW THERE WERE SIX AT THE DUALS.

SEEMS LIKE THERE WERE 8 AT THE INDV LAST YEAR.

OPPS FORGOT THE CAP BUTTON AGIAN.

O WELL I NOT YELLING I AM SMILING :thumb:

How much is tuition at any public school? Nothing, (scholarship) it is paid for by taxes including parents who send their children to private schools. Therefore, they are not paying the full cost of the tuition because private school parents are assisting in the tax money being used to fund public schools. Again, what is the tuition at a public school?