Union City vs. Humboldt

Switchhitter

I think that #10 did an excellent job in trying to contain weddle, but he still had 12 points halfway through the second quarter. If he kept going like that he would have had 30. Granted, he didn't hit a 3, but he usually takes a few minutes to get into the game.........#10 did a great job, but Weddle was just too much. and by the way, he was holding his jersey.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that #10 did an excellent job in trying to contain weddle, but he still had 12 points halfway through the second quarter. If he kept going like that he would have had 30. Granted, he didn't hit a 3, but he usually takes a few minutes to get into the game.........#10 did a great job, but Weddle was just too much. and by the way, he was holding his jersey.

Why is there always so many excuses when Union City loses? Holding his jersey? It's part of basketball. If it was so obvious, the ref would have saw it and called a foul. Obviously it wasn't that bad, because I didn't see too much holding going on. They all do it, it's not just the kids from Humboldt. I have seen Union City players holding a few jersey's before too. You just can't say it's one kid, they all do it including the Union City kids. UC always talks about other teams that complain when they lose and how many excuses they always have as to why they lost. But, when UC loses all the excuses start coming in. Like you always tell us, you lost and to just go on with it. Now if Weddle doesn't play and Union City loses any of their games, I can hear them now.

Last nights game proved Weddle can be stopped. Put a hand in his face and play him tight and UC needs a new coach. Here is your typical UC end of the season flop. The blame goes back to the guy making the calls, the coach. Its plain and simple.

Well dunker for once i will agree with you on some of your post because when i get on here i speak nothing but facts..And the fact is coach baldy as you call him,has not won a single region game since he has been coaching at Union City..And why in the world he had 5'11 Weddle guarding 6'4 Kelsey Rose and 6'3 Mosley guarding Tylon Smith ill never know,and it cost him dearly when Weddle went down.He shouldn't have been down there in the first place..That was a bone head call on his part..And as far as Weddle getting stopped..Well he had 12 points with 4 min. to go in the 2nd quarter and believe me,Weddle is very used to having someone in his jock all night and plenty of hands in his face..I don't think he was stopped at all but #10 did a good job on him but Weddle was still well on his way to 30 or more until he got hurt and thats just facts,you can like it or hate it..It don't really matter to me...I do think that Union City will finally win a region game when it starts due to that region being alot weaker than ours..But when it gets to the second round and if Weddle is not a 100%,and i really don't think he will be even though he plays with alot of heart,it could be lights out for Union City because the fact is Union City can't beat Lake Co. nor Humbolt if Weddle is not 100%..Ive said this all year long people..Its a shame that one of these 3 teams will be left behind..So who is it gonna be??..We will see in the region!!!Come on out to Trenton Tennessee because its gonna get wild!!!

I would say by looking at the past two games with Weddle playing in both a

nine point difference 1st meeting 78-69, 2nd game 71-62. They need him to

win because Halls win bring the intensity and UC without Mr. Weddle will be

that 9-10 they will not have. :thumb:

I'm going with Halls as well, but I'm expecting a good game either way.