Union City vs. Humboldt

Switchhitter

i have heard from a union city fan that is down our way alot that weddle hyperextended his ankle and they were hoping he woulb be back for the region tourny.just what i heard.

they said on the radio that humboldt shot like 70% from the field.when you are that hot it is hard to lose to any team.

even before weddles injury(except for a couple of minutes before he got hurt),#10 for humboldt did an excellent job of holding weddle at bay.he kept a body on him all night and it was hard for weddle to get enough room to get a shot off.whitby seen how that pretty much shut weddle down and maybe try that defense if we match up with them again.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone who can't make it both games can be heard on both 95.1 & 105.7 fm stations.

Need some information I have been trying to pick up the radio stations over the

enternet. Are they enternet accessable? Currently stationed in Ft. Bragg, NC

and that is the only way I can listen to the game. Besides watching the

scoreboard and the post on coacht. And by the way I'm from LC :thumb:

During football season it was alot easier to find enternet accessable stations.

Funny you never know who's tracking ya! 750 miles south east

Thanks, for what ever you can find out

Last nights game proved Weddle can be stopped. Put a hand in his face and play him tight and UC needs a new coach. Here is your typical UC end of the season flop. The blame goes back to the guy making the calls, the coach. Its plain and simple.

He had 12 pts when he went down.He had just made 3 shots in a row.He would have gotten his 30 pts but we would have still lost cause last nite was just too much humboldt.Great game for humboldt and maybe we will meet u in the regionals with a loser go home game.Will be back.

scoreboard and the post on coacht. And by the way I'm from LC ;)

As far as i can find out these two radio stations do not have internet broadcasts. I will keep looking for you. Thank you for doing what you do.

To slamdunker54 that is about dumbest thing i've heard in awhile...Weddle can be stopped only thing that stopped him was his ankle and i'm not taking anything away from Humbolt because they would have one big anyway but to say he can that #10 from humbolt shut him down..he had a hold of his jersey all night and Marquis was still hittin..If he wouldnt have heart his ankle thin he would have probably hurt #10's ankle the way he was shakin him..

To slamdunker54 that is about dumbest thing i've heard in awhile...Weddle can be stopped only thing that stopped him was his ankle and i'm not taking anything away from Humbolt because they would have one big anyway but to say he can that #10 from humbolt shut him down..he had a hold of his jersey all night and Marquis was still hittin..If he wouldnt have heart his ankle thin he would have probably hurt #10's ankle the way he was shakin him..

slamdunker54 is pretty much correct. Ruckerpark, i don't know what u were looking at but the only time I saw Marcus johnson,#10, not have his ankles was when they had the screen on. Marcus johnson did an excellant job defending Weddle for the time Weddle was in. I have to give it to Weddle, he shot 2 or 3 3-pointers with 2 or even 3 hands in his face. but overall, Marcus did a Great job on Weddle.

scoreboard and the post on coacht. And by the way I'm from LC ;)

Biggdaddy

Our internet provider was supposed to switch over to our broadcasts though I don't know for a fact. We're normally on 101.3 but are doing the tournaments on 95.1 due to UT-Martin conflicts. Try www.crunet.net and click on radio tower icon.

Did I teach you in Jr. High in LC?

Biggdaddy

Our internet provider was supposed to switch over to our broadcasts though I don't know for a fact. We're normally on 101.3 but are doing the tournaments on 95.1 due to UT-Martin conflicts. Try www.crunet.net and click on radio tower icon.

Did I teach you in Jr. High in LC?

Thanks for the information, By the way if you taught during the early or mid 80's

at LCJHS it could be possible. :thumb:

H-town vikes i guess you were watchin a different game..I kno for a fact that he had #10 fallen back more than once and one time he almost fell if he wouldnt have fell back into his teamate now i'm not sayin he didnt do the best anyone has done but he was nowhere near close to shuttin him down..

Ruckerpark,

He did shake #10 a few times at the top of the 3 point line with a couple nasty crossovers. If you play him too close, he drives by you. If you try to keep a hand in his face, he still makes most of his jumpers. He can shoot as good as anyone I've ever seen in high school basketball. He scored 37 on us at Union City. We held him to 24 points in Humboldt (10 in the 1st half). And for the record, Union City didn't make a 3 pointer all night against Humboldt at South Fulton. I try to be objective as much as possible.