Miss Basketball- All Classes

CoachT

For AAA, I think Casha Foster from Cumberland County should be in the running. She has lead her team to being ranked as one of the top teams in the state. She scores points, has bunches of assists and steals, and is the second top rebounder on the team. She is a team player and has a great attitude. That is what Miss Basketball should be all about.

Yes, johnnyfrank, that is exactly what Miss Basketball should be about. I too am a Casha Foster fan. Unfortunately Casha's style isn't what gets Miss Tennessee voter's attention. Voters tend to favor the glamour stat...individual points scored. Not that Casha's scoring is anything to sneeze at...she has well over 1000. However, it's her team play stats that set her apart from the rest. She has as good a total package as anyone...steals, assists, ball handling, setting up and executing plays, and her amazing rebounding...you didn't mention that she's only 5'4". Yep, her total package and God given sixth sense for the game make her a front runner when choosing the best all around. The catch is that Casha is more interested in helping her team win games (and she does that with uncanny precision) than she is in logging the glamour stat for herself. Unfortunately the voters don't give that reasonable consideration.

Carson-Newman may well have landed the best catch in the state this year...and you can bet they know it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clark won it and she deserved it too plus mt Juliet was ranked in nationally and state champs also SEC should be kicking kicking them selfs for not taking this girl because she is tearing up the A-SUN this year

http://www.atlanticsun.org/stats/wbasketba...05/confldrs.htm

I agree, Clark deserved it and her current play is proof. Lets wait a year and see how the proof plays out with the others except thats not what this award is based on so its difficut to tell. The proof with Clark is she is a deserving winner based on her play this year.

Class A- Jordan Ramsey

Jordan is the one of the best athletes out there. She has broken the school record for most career threes and most threes in a game (8). For the past two years she has been on the preseason all district 1st team. She was also on the all uppercumberland 1st team. For the past two years she has been on the all district, region, and state tournament teams. (not many have done that) She has been on several more that I won't list.

She is an all around player who doesn't care about how many points she has as long as her team wins. She sees the floor great and always finds the open man.

Not only is she a great basketball player but she has a very good attitude and is a good team leader. This whole year no matter who Clarkrange plays the other team always has there best guard on her but you will never see her loose her composure. I think she is the best canidate for Miss Basketball.

Hargis, Jones is a good player and no doubt is her teams MVP by far, but she won't make the final list. Im not saying she isnt worthy of recognition but there are too many other higher profile players ahead of her in AAA this year.

What colleges are recruiting her?

My guesses:

AAA Stewart

AA Brown

A Weatherly

DII Johnson

Runnerups:

AAA Pickel, Mooney

AA Thomas, Houston

A Ramsey, Hudson

Bird, I appreciate the compliment but you are just following the crowd with some of your picks. Why is AAA Stewart your pick? Because RI recruited her at MTSU. Really what has she done this year and who has her team played except the teams in her area. pretty comfortable. Got it made already.

Brown is a good player and probably deserved but that is a close call in AA because that is a loaded Division with Cross etc. Weatherly is a good player and maybe a very good player. The question at this point is who can finish and who is the most coachable and make their team better and all of the high profile candidates are suspect and they are recruited for scoring. We will wait and see how these high profiles pan out. I am afraid this selection is becoming like a herd of animals following each other and taking the easy way out. There is no Clark in the field but maybe time will tell.

To me Miss basketball is very very political. For instance last year Cait McMahan was up for the award and was the OBVIOUS pick for miss basketball. Clark from Mt. Juliet ended up winning the award and she is NOT even in the same league as Cait is . Keke Stewart SHOULD win the award..Now will she...probably not but that is just the way it goes. Some people that are even being nominated for this is laughable to me.

I appreciate your post. How do we know how good Cait is? Where did she play this year wile she was playing except around knoxville. Is she great because the got a schlorship to Tennessee? Pat is a great recruiter but methinks she has second thoughts about some of the recruiting she has done lately. Nothing has been said as to how Cait fits in in a structured atmosphere and whether she can handle that. Does she make her team and team mates better. She really did not play that long before she was hurt and the same thing is for KeKe. Where has she been this year? Great player but how will she fit in with the structure that it takes to be a winner.

You might criticise Clark but have you looked at her stats and her value lately. Ego aside, they should hope they can produce what she has done in a short time at Belmont and in addition be a team player while doing it. Did't mean to get on a soapbox but there is no method here and the same players mentioned are the same players mentioned the first of the season and everyone is going down the track no matter how good their season or team is. hard to define the qualifications.

Class A- Jordan Ramsey

Jordan is the one of the best athletes out there. She has broken the school record for most career threes and most threes in a game (8). For the past two years she has been on the preseason all district 1st team. She was also on the all uppercumberland 1st team. For the past two years she has been on the all district, region, and state tournament teams. (not many have done that) She has been on several more that I won't list.

She is an all around player who doesn't care about how many points she has as long as her team wins. She sees the floor great and always finds the open man.

Not only is she a great basketball player but she has a very good attitude and is a good team leader. This whole year no matter who Clarkrange plays the other team always has there best guard on her but you will never see her loose her composure. I think she is the best canidate for Miss Basketball.

You also left out that Ramsey is not the # 1 option in the offense. But when crunch time comes she gets the call to open up and shoot. For example, when playing against Upperman - the post got into foul trouble and she scored 19 in the 2 nd quarter and they beat the #1 AA team in the state. Very talented team player, does what the coach asks and only tries to win no matter how the path. Very humble and enjoyable young lady.

Hey folks, It's really easy to pick these players for Miss basketball that play on some pretty good teams. The person chosen for Miss or Mr. Basketball should be more than that. For isnstance, no one can argue that Cait Mcmahan is a great player but look at her Heritage team. They keep right on winning without her. Angela Puelo goes down and her team knocks off Heritage without her. It's not that any of these players aren't as good as people say but it's a lot easier to be good when you are surrounded with other good players. Most of the names mentioned for miss basketball play on some darn good teams surrounded by really good talent. I'm not saying that players like Bianca Thomas, Brandi Brown, Kee Kee Stewart, and others aren't talented or deserving players but most if not all play on some talented teams. There are some trully talented and gifted players that aren't from notable programs. My choice is junior Dawn Evans from <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=76&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Clarksville-Northeast</a>. She is the leader of a young inexperienced team that lost 4 starters and the sixth man from a team that went 33-5 a year ago and led them to a 22-7 record so far. She leads or is among the top 5 in almost every major statistical category as a point gaurd, 23.3 ppg, 7 assist pg, 3.5 steals pg, 4 reb pg, and 67 three pointers made/ 2.6 pg. Quite an accomplishment when everyone's game plan is to stop you. She has excelled against some of the best players in the country at Mike White's Adidas Showcase Tournament and The Adidas Top Ten All Amrican Camp. A well kept secret (except for the colleges) and a great player.

I have to disagree with the Brandi Brown case. last year when she got injured they lost the majority of their games and then made a run at substate when she returned(poor refs?) her team around her is not tremendously talented. They win because of Brandi. Take her away and they might be a .500 team.

To me Miss basketball is very very political. For instance last year Cait McMahan was up for the award and was the OBVIOUS pick for miss basketball. Clark from Mt. Juliet ended up winning the award and she is NOT even in the same league as Cait is . Keke Stewart SHOULD win the award..Now will she...probably not but that is just the way it goes. Some people that are even being nominated for this is laughable to me.

This had to be the most ridiculous statement I have seen on here in quite some time.Ovratd98 you can support Cait without putting down Clark. Alysha doesn't play the same posistion as Cait and needs someone to get her the ball but she was phenomenal the last to years at Mt. Juliet and at the D-1 level she is one of the nations leaders in scoring, rebounding and haters like you.

This is the most ridiculous statement I have read on here in quite some time.Ovratd98 you can support Cait without putting Clark down.I have seen both play many times they both are phenomenal players and young ladies.Alysha was unstoppable the last two years at MJ.At the D-1 level she is among the NCAA D-1 leaders in scoring, rebounding and judging by your post having haters like you.

Edited by givbakr2

I believe the winner of Miss Basketball should come from District 5-AAA.

Going back to Ovrated98's statement, though, if you look at the posts, all I've heard about from AAA is Stewart and Pickel, so you kind of figure one of those players will win, whether they deserve it or not.

If you look at overall competition, it would be hard to look away from a player in this district. District 5-AAA is the toughest district in the state this year; five teams with 17+ wins. Look at the competition; Cumberland Co., number 2 in the state; Cleveland, 20 wins, including a win over Cumberland; Bradley, 19 wins, including a win over Wilson Central; McMinn County, 17 wins, and Walker Valley, with 19 wins.

Players like Foster, Hood, Simpson, Pickel, and Butler deserve a little consideration, because of the competion they face night in and night out.

Bird, I appreciate the compliment but you are just following the crowd with some of your picks. Why is AAA Stewart your pick? Because RI recruited her at MTSU. Really what has she done this year and who has her team played except the teams in her area. pretty comfortable. Got it made already.

Brown is a good player and probably deserved but that is a close call in AA because that is a loaded Division with Cross etc. Weatherly is a good player and maybe a very good player. The question at this point is who can finish and who is the most coachable and make their team better and all of the high profile candidates are suspect and they are recruited for scoring. We will wait and see how these high profiles pan out. I am afraid this selection is becoming like a herd of animals following each other and taking the easy way out. There is no Clark in the field but maybe time will tell.

brown might be a good player but Bianca Thomas of Chester County, future stand out player for OLE MISS, is a GREAT player she was AA miss b- ball her Junior year, so what makes you think she's got any worse her Senior year? She has improved 200% than what she played last year, so guess what, she'll be a tough competitor to beat. I can't think of one person A, AA, or AAA that can shut her down. She dominates under the basket, and shoots fader 3- pt. shots 5 feet from behind the 3- pt line. Now you tell me why she would not or could not be named miss b-ball this year, again?

I appreciate your post. How do we know how good Cait is? Where did she play this year wile she was playing except around knoxville. Is she great because the got a schlorship to Tennessee? Pat is a great recruiter but methinks she has second thoughts about some of the recruiting she has done lately. Nothing has been said as to how Cait fits in in a structured atmosphere and whether she can handle that. Does she make her team and team mates better. She really did not play that long before she was hurt and the same thing is for KeKe. Where has she been this year? Great player but how will she fit in with the structure that it takes to be a winner.

You might criticise Clark but have you looked at her stats and her value lately. Ego aside, they should hope they can produce what she has done in a short time at Belmont and in addition be a team player while doing it. Did't mean to get on a soapbox but there is no method here and the same players mentioned are the same players mentioned the first of the season and everyone is going down the track no matter how good their season or team is. hard to define the qualifications.

I never once said Cait should get it this year. Did I? And you are saying Clark is doing so great this year at wherever she is playing i think Belmont but I am talking about the way she played last year not this one. I applaud her for doing good on the college level but since when does it matter what she did this year when the miss basketball I was talking about was last year?

Edited by ovratd98