Miss Basketball- All Classes

CoachT

AAA- As has been said before, KeKe Stewart from Oak Ridge. All time leading scorer, rebounder in school history. Also, holds the record for the most points scored in a single game. This at a school that has had some great offensive players. Erin McGinnis, Jennifer Wilson just to name a couple. KeKe is double and triple teamed most of the time and is still able to lead her team. She also brings the ball up the floor at times and probably averages taking at least 1 charge per game. A very deserving youny lady that has overcome many obstacles this season.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DII

It's hard not to put Ashley Easley at the top of the list. I think she has been on the list since she was a freshman.

I will say this about the Miss Basketball award, the focus is always on scoring and not necessarily on who does the most to help their team win games. That being said, Kinsley Longhurst has played great at point all year for Father Ryan and has put her team in position to win. She has been the general on the court in McElhiney fashion averaging almost 6 assist and 8 points per game. She did put 24 points with seven threes up on Wilson Central. But again, she will not get a look because the 14+ per game scorer's get the headlines.

Edited by CPGB06

AAA- As has been said before, KeKe Stewart from Oak Ridge. All time leading scorer, rebounder in school history. Also, holds the record for the most points scored in a single game. This at a school that has had some great offensive players. Erin McGinnis, Jennifer Wilson just to name a couple. KeKe is double and triple teamed most of the time and is still able to lead her team. She also brings the ball up the floor at times and probably averages taking at least 1 charge per game. A very deserving youny lady that has overcome many obstacles this season.

Pickel and Her go head to head this week. My decision will be made at that game. Pickel has also made a name in the rich Bradly tradition surpassing such greats as Paige Redman Green, Amy Geren, Jody Adams and close behind Miss Basketball Brittany Jackson. I like her leadership off the court and the inspiring articles I read of the things she does. Since this award is given only for the accomplishments on the court though I would have to give Keke serious consideration. Two other great players whose both from Bradley County whose names should be thrown into the hat are Kerri Simpson and Alison Butler. Simpson's early injury has kept her from accomplishing true stardom this year and Butler would've been a legitimate consideration in AA where she spent three years. I will watch with interest as the two leading candidates battle it out on the floor Thursday. Until then my mind is not made up.

Weatherly definitely deserves to win class A Ms. Basketball . Not only did she carry her team when Edney was injured but she is still carrying alot of the team. Congratulations to her for hitting the 2000 point mark tonight. Good luck lady vikings in the rest of your season

Edited by zach0014

For Division II, 6'3" sophomore Glory Johnson of Knoxville Webb deserves Miss Basketball. Glory has helped her team to a 21-5 record which includes wins over AAA William Blount with Georgia commitment Angela Puleo, a win over Walker Valley led by Alabama signee Alyson Butler and a win over Powell led by Alabama commitment Caitlin Hollifield. Webb won the prestigious Greene County Bank Ladies Classic this season. Glory was named MVP of that tournament. Glory has scored 1,015 points for her career. This season Glory has scored 482 points, 278 rebounds, 67 blocked shots, 71 steals and 32 assists. That averages to 18.5 pts/game, 10.7 rbs/game.

I have no idea what the Memphis area has to offer for Division II Miss Basketball candidates. I know Lausanne is 25-2 and they must have 1 great player?

From the Middle Tennessee area, I would think that Brentwood Academy junior Victoria Dunlap based on what I have heard in the past would be a nominee. Maybe someone else in Middle Tennessee has stepped up and had a good season like the Father Ryan girl mentioned earlier.

AAA

KeKe Stewart

Jackie Pickel

Jessica Mooney

Lakendra Phillips

These four are you best four choices. I believe that Stewart will win the award but a little bird told me that three of these four will be up for the award

AA

Bianca Thomas

Brandi Brown

Latoya Bellamy

All three of these young ladies were up for the award last year with Thomas winning it. All three of these young ladies has had a great year. I look for all three of these girls to be back up for the award and for Thomas or Brown to win the award

A

I have no clue! I don't watch single A much so I am not going even try to say who will win Miss Basketball

D2

Alisha Easley

Glory Johnson

Victoria Dunlap

Glory Johnson may be the best player in all division. I would say that Johnson will win the award but with her being younger than the other two I could very easily see the award going to Easley or Dunlap.

Oak Ridge and Bradley Central have already played with Oak Ridge winning by 5. IMO, in this particular case comparing the two players in this game is really not a fair comparison. They do not play the same position and would probably will not go head to head. Hard to compare the two in a game like this as both are great players but at the same time completly different type players. A person would just have to vote for the player that is the most valuable to their team, IMO. Would their team be as successfull if they were not on it? Do they make the players around them better and therefore their team better?

Injures held Brandi Brown down last year in AA. She is the best all around

and should win.

Amen! Brandi Brown is the best all-around player I've ever seen. She's picking up her defense and rebounding, and any time the ball's in her hands, you can pretty much go ahead and put the points on the board. Also, congrats, Brandi Brown, on your McDonald's All-American nomination. (I can't remember the exact name for it, but you know what I'm talking about.) Hope you make the final team! Brandi Brown - AA Miss Basketball!