who do you think is the best wrestler in tennessee?

haze

Manson, though the others mentioned here so far are all great.

Another name that should be mentioned in the discussion is Ben Johnson, who tends to get overshadowed by Manson and Waddell. Assuming he wins the tournament this weekend (and there's nobody in his weight to challenge him), he'll finish I think 50-1 this year, splitting two matches with Garrison Goins of Ringgold. When they wrestled the second time, Johnson beat him, the only loss Goins has had in the last couple years. Goins just won his fourth Georgia state championship last weekend two weeks after having his appendix removed, beating a guy who hadn't given up a point yet in the tournament.

Aaron Bateman should probably be mentioned, too.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manson, though the others mentioned here so far are all great.

Another name that should be mentioned in the discussion is Ben Johnson, who tends to get overshadowed by Manson and Waddell. Assuming he wins the tournament this weekend (and there's nobody in his weight to challenge him), he'll finish I think 50-1 this year, splitting two matches with Garrison Goins of Ringgold. When they wrestled the second time, Johnson beat him, the only loss Goins has had in the last couple years. Goins just won his fourth Georgia state championship last weekend two weeks after having his appendix removed, beating a guy who hadn't given up a point yet in the tournament.

Aaron Bateman should probably be mentioned, too.

Good point about Ben Johnson. He's an excellent wrestler and fun to watch. He rarely makes a mistake on the mat.

i would have to say kelley felix is the best wrestler in the state of TN. Everyone he wrestles he dominates not only in his speed and strength but his endurance as well. He is only a sophmore and lost to kyle james his freshmen year. This kid is somebody people aviod in their weight class so they don't get embarressed.

Kelly Felix, Bundy and Minnwell have probably won all of their matches with ease this season (within the state of TN).

Brandon Wright and Creagan have been nearly as dominant, similar to Manson, who can also bump up and win like they have all season (with the amazing Hussein, why would he need to though). Actually I wonder what the outcome would be between Hussein and Manson today? I bet close.

What grade is Bundy in?

This fine young man has been solid the past four seasons and thinks the greatest thing he ever did was overlook Usary last season. His past four years of ROTC and decent grades + wrestling, offers him many options including West Point, Minnesota, perhaps UTC may be interested. :D

This fine young man has been solid the past four seasons and thinks the greatest thing he ever did was overlook Usary last season. His past four years of ROTC and decent grades + wrestling, offers him many options including West Point, Minnesota, perhaps UTC may be interested. :lol:

what do you mean....he "overlooked usary"?

This fine young man has been solid the past four seasons and thinks the greatest thing he ever did was overlook Usary last season. His past four years of ROTC and decent grades + wrestling, offers him many options including West Point, Minnesota, perhaps UTC may be interested. :lol:

I'm sure Bundy is a great guy and has worked hard to get where he is today but

lets be honest here. There is no way you can "overlook" someone who had beaten you twice before ( even if it was freestyle) and was ranked second going into the state tournament. The best man won that day. Bundy wrestled a better match this year vs. Usary and the better man won that day also. I just belive Usary should get a little more credit for what he accomplished last year than " I overlooked him". Good luck to both wrestlers this weekend in their quest for GOLD.

Edited by Cowboy Curtis

I totally agree. If he "overlooked" Usary, then, either, his coach didn't do his job to prepare his athlete mentally or Bundy's arrogant attitude cost him a state title. That is great that he used this loss to motivate him to become better, but downplaying an opponent that defeated him to win a state title is low. That day the better man won.

Edited by RedBoy04

I'm sure Bundy is a great guy and has worked hard to get where he is today but

lets be honest here. There is no way you can "overlook" someone who had beaten you twice before ( even if it was freestyle) and was ranked second going into the state tournament. The best man won that day. Bundy wrestled a better match this year vs. Usary and the better man won that day also. I just belive Usary should get a little more credit for what he accomplished last year than " I overlooked him". Good luck to both wrestlers this weekend in their quest for GOLD.

Bundy never had wrestled him befor the finals in the state! That was after the state in preseason (freestyle).