District 11 AA Tournament (official thread)

War Eagles

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

districts are finally here!!!!

when the second round begins on friday i predict i will be

Sycamore and Creekwood

and

Stewart County and Harpeth

Then on Monday in the championship i predict it will be

Sycamore and Stewart County

- this matchup will be one of the best championship games in the region. these

teams split the season series.

oh, by the way. I thought I would make the journey to see what this Liberty Magnet team is all about so I went to watch them play Lexington last night. I always want to see our District represent us well. But I have to be honest with you guys. NO ONE out of our District will beat Liberty Magnet. Too big, too quick, too athletic. Sycamore or Harpeth might have a chance against LExington IF they play the game of their lives. So we might as well enjoy what we can here in this District tournament. It will be over next week.

Anyone in this District who is wanting to hoist a gold ball up, needs to go to Wal-Mart and buy some gold paint and paint them one. Because someone from West Tennessee will raise the one in Murfreesboro :thumb:

Guest catfish-hunter

I see Sycamore vs. Cheatham County

Harpeth vs. Stewart County

But there could be at least one upset in this mix. Don't count out Waverly if they play like they did against Sycamore. They did play Stewart close at Dover earlier.

then I see Sycamore vs. Harpeth for all the marbles.

Harpeth winning because third time is the charm.

I'd have to just about agree with you there. Harpeth has ended the season with losses to Sycamore & Dickson Co. though so I'll take Sycamore again in the championship game.

I see Sycamore vs. Cheatham County

Harpeth vs. Stewart County

But there could be at least one upset in this mix. Don't count out Waverly if they play like they did against Sycamore. They did play Stewart close at Dover earlier.

then I see Sycamore vs. Harpeth for all the marbles.

Harpeth winning because third time is the charm.

With your third times a charm logic you have stuck with on many threads Mont. Central and Fairview will be in the 'ship. But who knows, Sycamore is way overrated and have been far to lucky as of late. Anybody can win 16 in a row, it takes skill for that 17th victory. :D

I'd have to agree with Sycamore and Harpeth in the championship. Although it could be either teams' game, I'll go with Sycamore because of their established confidence and dynamic depth. I don't completely think that Sycamore is overrated. I was really impressed with a lot of their players, and I think that they can pull it off.

Edited by rocknrolln

ill say that sycamore, cheatham co, harpeth, and waverly will be able to pull out the Ws....waverly hasnt been too good this year but have gotten better, after beatin perry co tonight, and keepin it close the last couple games, they look as tho they might be able to win it friday night against stewart co (will be a close and real physical game)........sycamore and harpeth will both make it to championship game and harpeth will come out with the win.....the consolation game will be close as well between cheatham co and waverly, they split during regular season so look for a good game, to close to call for me......

With your third times a charm logic you have stuck with on many threads Mont. Central and Fairview will be in the 'ship. But who knows, Sycamore is way overrated and have been far to lucky as of late. Anybody can win 16 in a row, it takes skill for that 17th victory. :lol:

i just wanna let u kno that the 3rd time may be a charm Sycamore got swept by Harpeth 2 years ago and then won the 3rd meeting in the District Championship game. But i would hafta take Harpeth if they can play defence on Jesse Moulton if not its Sycamore's