1AA '2006' BASEBALL

GLee

Maybe now it's time for a little 'chatter' amongst the baseball faithful. Enjoy the season.

Happy Valley, Sullivan North, Unicoi, Elizabethton, Chucky Doak, South Greene, Johnson County, West Greene.........should make for an interesting conference race.

Any thoughts?

#1?

#2?

#3?

#4?

#5?

#6?

#7?

#8?

???????

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres mine...

#1 HV

#2 Betsy

#3 Unicoi

#4 North

#5 South Greene

#6 Johnson Co.

#7 Chuckey-Doak

#8 West Greene

DP96, hit the books and get off the pipe. North will be way down this year. (Just kidding, North fans, but you do have some big shoes to fill.)

BTW, Congratulations DP on breaking into the starting lineup. Not many freshmen get that chance, make the best of it. We're proud of you.

Heres mine...

#1 HV

#2 Betsy

#3 Unicoi

#4 North

#5 South Greene

#6 Johnson Co.

#7 Chuckey-Doak

#8 West Greene

I think you might be off on SG for sure.........I'd say they are still 'brewing' over their 'lights out' loss in the post season last year.

Contenders.......HV, SG and outside shot for UC, Eliz & North

The middle of the pack is going to be tough, but should make for a good show thru the season.

Edited by GLee

#1... The conference will be very competitive this year as always. The obvious pick for #1 is Happy Valley, but will they actually live up to the hype? I think so. Nobody, and I mean nobody in the conference will touch Todd Caldwell, and nobody will hit more home runs than Ricky Morgan. Lets just see if they play as a team this year.

#2... Elizabethton will have alot of experience of not to mention of great new coach. That is what they have needed for a long time.

#3... Unicoi Co. lost 8 starting position players and 2 starting pitchers, but its Unicoi and come tourney time they can beat anybody. But after after losing several of the best players in the area (Ben Peterson-Milligan, Chase Whitson-ETSU, Ryan Corn-Tusculum and alot more) they will have alot of shoes to fill, but are very capable of doing that just because its Unicoi.

#4... Johnson County, goin out on a limb here. they have always had those upset games that shook up the conference, and this year will be the best for the boys of mountain city

#5... South Greene, dont know much about them, other than they were young and they made it to the regionals.

#6... Chuckey Doak

#7... Sullivan North, with the loss of Hinkle, they will have a hard time winning games.

#8... West Greene

Betsy got a very nice 'shot in the arm' today vs. Volunteer. Knowing that both teams still have guys on the basketball floor didn't take a thing away from the enthusiasm and excellant play by the Cyclones. Good job.......

GLee, Cow-Town may surprise some (but not me), but they have had talent for the last several years. They will compete competantly in the local AA class. Good luck to you guys.

The conference should be pretty tough this year. HV, Unicoi, SG, Elizabethton and North should be contending for the top spot. Don't know alot about JC. CD should be down. WG should be improved from last year. I heard that they did not lose anyone and have just 2 Seniors on this year's team. The coach down there (I can't remember his name) does a good job with those boys, with what he has to work with.

Should make for an interesting year.......

The conference should be pretty tough this year. HV, Unicoi, SG, Elizabethton and North should be contending for the top spot. Don't know alot about JC. CD should be down. WG should be improved from last year. I heard that they did not lose anyone and have just 2 Seniors on this year's team. The coach down there (I can't remember his name) does a good job with those boys, with what he has to work with.

Should make for an interesting year.......

Where are the 1AA Faithful out there??????