What classification holds the most talented players?

manU721

Having played for an A/AA school all four years, I got tired of hearing AAA being called "the big dogs" and all that. I think each classification holds strong teams that could hold their own against one another. The 2003 Christian Brothers HS team and the 2004 Farragut Admirals and the 2002 Bearden Bulldogs were three of the strongest teams I had ever seen. Ridgeway had a solid team in 2003 when they took Bearden to triple OT (Later being eliminated by LC :thumb: ) I would say year in and year out D2 has the strongest teams across the board, but it could change year by year.

The top 3 or 4 Div. II schools each year are even with the top 3 or 4 Div. 1 schools.

However, it drops off significantly in Div. II. If you are a good Div. II team, you almost automatically make it to the final 8. However, there are so many good Div. I schools that it is a battle to make it to the final 8 in most areas.

Most talented players? By far, Div. I.

The top 3 or 4 Div. II schools each year are even with the top 3 or 4 Div. 1 schools.

However, it drops off significantly in Div. II. If you are a good Div. II team, you almost automatically make it to the final 8. However, there are so many good Div. I schools that it is a battle to make it to the final 8 in most areas.

Most talented players? By far, Div. I.

At the Div I schools there is a much broader talent range to pick from. The private schools only have the players who choose to pay and attend that school. Div. I has more people at tryouts. Needless to say, the top teams in every region are very competitive. It would have been interesting to have a playoff between the state champions and finalists in each division. Last year, Father Ryan beat all the Div. II teams along with Brentwood and Hendersonville. Each year, the talent is different. It's hard to tell which division has the most talented players.

Having played for an A/AA school all four years, I got tired of hearing AAA being called "the big dogs" and all that. I think each classification holds strong teams that could hold their own against one another. The 2003 Christian Brothers HS team and the 2004 Farragut Admirals and the 2002 Bearden Bulldogs were three of the strongest teams I had ever seen. Ridgeway had a solid team in 2003 when they took Bearden to triple OT (Later being eliminated by LC :thumb: ) I would say year in and year out D2 has the strongest teams across the board, but it could change year by year.

Your missing the 2000 Houston team. That team was nasty. I think it was 2000 atleast. Baylor in 2000 was real good also. As for best classifications it really depends on the year like lc said.

Here is the big question, What classification holds the most talent and/or the best team or teams? Have at it :unsure:

The best team changes year to year, so it would be unfair to say what division has the best team. (last year it was Father Ryan)

As for the best classification, it is by far AAA. The reason for this is that it is much deeper. Yes, the top teams in A/AA and II can play with the best of AAA, but can their 11th best team play with the 11th best team in AAA? No, every year AAA teams beat other division's state finalists and don't make state. Therefore, AAA is the best "division", but doesn't always have the best "team".

As for tryouts, you are obvious a private school player because in public schools the extra tryouts, will lets just say they're not very good (I've experiened another one and there are juniors that still stink trying out for the team). So its irrelevant.

• 2 weeks later...

i think that over all class AAA has the most talented players, they are on every team and there are so many that they barely stand out unless there are just amazing like that center mid from houston last year i think he was number 11 he was amazing, but i mean every team has great players take mcminn for example they didnt even make state and yet had three great players.

the other divisions have great indivuals as well but are more team oriented, like CAK I was at the Beraden vs. CAK preseason game last year and they just focused on shutting brandon Tarr down and Bearden ended up scoring an own goal by a mistake pass to the keeper, i just think that individually its AAA and team wise it's the other classes another example is Christian Brothers they have great players but distribute it among all the players making the team better as a whole which i like and i was at the Bearden Christian Brothers game last year when Bearden beat them 1-0 but it was a fluke goal and Christian Bros had to hit the posts 5 times and shot after shot we got lucky. hope i didnt ramble too much.

ok i just re-read what i previously wrote and it didnt even make sense to me so i will try and make it more simple

AAA has more talented individuals that carry them through games while

the other classes have individual talent but rely more on the team instead of one or two people - then there are the examples from my other response hope this helps.