Sophomore Jacob Wright 7A MVP?

bobcatfan300

Jacob Wright leads 7A in scoring, and is 16 players above Laws in Middle TN, and a WHOPPING 63 players above Jon Godwin in Middle TN. Brandon Upchurch is tops in 3 point shooting, followed by Jacob Wright, Brent Logan, Blake Allen, Tyson Jenkins and Godwin is nearly at the bottom of the Tennessean's list. Pickett is 21-6 and Clay Co. is 21-6...unless you pretend they didn't lose to Pope John Paul II, which Clay Co. does. It's pretty clear Jacob wins hands down.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob Wright leads 7A in scoring, and is 16 players above Laws in Middle TN, and a WHOPPING 63 players above Jon Godwin in Middle TN. Brandon Upchurch is tops in 3 point shooting, followed by Jacob Wright, Brent Logan, Blake Allen, Tyson Jenkins and Godwin is nearly at the bottom of the Tennessean's list. Pickett is 21-6 and Clay Co. is 21-6...unless you pretend they didn't lose to Pope John Paul II, which Clay Co. does. It's pretty clear Jacob wins hands down.

Bobcatfan300,

When is district 7A tournament? Is it being played at Upperman High?

Thanks

Yes the 7A tourney is at Upperman and it starts Monday for the girls and Tuesday for the boys.

I disagree with bobcat, Jon Godwin has lead his team one win from a undefeated district reacord, and his stats might not be as impressive, but he has better teamates and does not have ot shoot as much. You cant go by stats alone and you should know that.

His teammates are no better than Wright's. Wright has helped a team which was counted out before the season to have a very impressive season, while Clay Co's has to be very disappointing for a team which before the season claimed they'd win home games by 40 and away games by 20 and no one would come close to them, and they were a sure shot for the state...which doesn't look so good now. They have lost a lot of games for a team built up the way they were. Since I posted this this morning I thought about it and I believe Laws has a better shot being a senior, than will a sophomore like Wright who'll mainly have TC Capps to compete for the MVP next year. They both have 2 more years to win it. I am sure they'll give it to a senior. I'd pick Laws over Godwin for ability and attitude.

His teammates are no better than Wright's. Wright has helped a team which was counted out before the season to have a very impressive season, while Clay Co's has to be very disappointing for a team which before the season claimed they'd win home games by 40 and away games by 20 and no one would come close to them, and they were a sure shot for the state...which doesn't look so good now. They have lost a lot of games for a team built up the way they were. Since I posted this this morning I thought about it and I believe Laws has a better shot being a senior, than will a sophomore like Wright who'll mainly have TC Capps to compete for the MVP next year. They both have 2 more years to win it. I am sure they'll give it to a senior. I'd pick Laws over Godwin for ability and attitude.

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Keep dreaming. Nobody other than a Clay Co. player should have any shot at the MVP. If Godwin doesn't win it then it should go to Saylor, if not one of them then Ferrell and if not them Rich. No way anyone else in the district can compare to any of those players. Not even a contest. Wright has a better chance than Laws but neither of them is in the same class. Quit hating on Jon and Clay Co. as a whole and just admit they are great players and a great team.

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Keep dreaming. Nobody other than a Clay Co. player should have any shot at the MVP. If Godwin doesn't win it then it should go to Saylor, if not one of them then Ferrell and if not them Rich. No way anyone else in the district can compare to any of those players. Not even a contest. Wright has a better chance than Laws but neither of them is in the same class. Quit hating on Jon and Clay Co. as a whole and just admit they are great players and a great team.

To be honest i think that Jacob Wright is better than Godwin or Waldin.Not to be knockin on them,they're great players and all,but Jacob is far better in my opinion.Not so hot to be trash talking like that "Keep dreaming. Nobody other than a Clay Co. player should have any shot at the MVP."I guess we will see when its all over with now wont we. :thumb:

Edited by theboom

You would have to be crazy to say that Jacob Wright isn't the best player in the district. I agree with you in that a Clay County player will be the MVP(probably Godwin), but that is only because the award usually goes to an upperclassman who is on the winning team. Wright is, however, easily the best player in the district. He averages more points than anyone else and controls the flow of the game better than anyone around. He draws the other team's best defender each night as he is always the focal point of the other team's defense. You'd be kidding yourself to say that you wouldn't trade one of your guards for Wright.

And by the way, I think Laws is the second best player in the district.

In other words, there are other players who compare to the "Fab Five" in Celina.

You would have to be crazy to say that Jacob Wright isn't the best player in the district. I agree with you in that a Clay County player will be the MVP(probably Godwin), but that is only because the award usually goes to an upperclassman who is on the winning team. Wright is, however, easily the best player in the district. He averages more points than anyone else and controls the flow of the game better than anyone around. He draws the other team's best defender each night as he is always the focal point of the other team's defense. You'd be kidding yourself to say that you wouldn't trade one of your guards for Wright.

And by the way, I think Laws is the second best player in the district.

In other words, there are other players who compare to the "Fab Five" in Celina.

I'd rather be crazy than plain stupid. Wright couldn't even start at Clay so there's no way he is the best player in the district. As far as Laws goes, he isn't even the second best player on his team, let alone in the district.

Your kidding yourself, Pickett Co might compete with Clay Co because of Wright, but the rest of the team is not as good as Clay's rest. I watched the game at Clay Co vs Pickett and they made Pickett look silly. Thye could have won by 50. Now your saying that they are just as good if not better, just because you gave them a game AT PICKETT CO. Dont kid yourself, you only beat HS by 4 at home the other night, I dont think Pickett is as good as you think they are.

I'd rather be crazy than plain stupid. Wright couldn't even start at Clay so there's no way he is the best player in the district. As far as Laws goes, he isn't even the second best player on his team, let alone in the district.

lol...now that is stupid! wright would start for any team in the district! you cant go wrong with godwin or wright because they make their teams go

Just another Pickett Co. fan trying to put down the rest of the district. As usual if they can't win then they want to try to put down the team that beats them. Bobcatfan would have to be related to Wright for him to say something like that. I won't bring myself down to his/her level and put down another player. Bottom line is the MVP will go to the team that is UNDEFEATED in the district. Last time i checked that wouldn't be Pickett Co. You keep saying everyone counted out Pickett before the season? I think most picked them to finish 2nd or 3rd didn't they? See the herald citizen at the begining of the year. They are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the district. I realize you would pick Laws over Godwin as thats my son, however i would pick Laws over anyone from Pickett. He is better than anyone on that team. Wright didn't even start until this year, he barely played last year. He is a good young player for sure but not on the level of Clay's first 6 players or Laws for that matter. Clay's starting 5 are the best 5 in the district hands down. Quit your crying you finished second. Get used to it! :thumb:

Edited by devilfanatic

These Clay County fans are absolutley stupid to think that neither Wright or Laws would start for them. These two have separated themselves this season as the two best players in the district. Both draw the opposing team's best defender and have continued to produce each game. It's just funny that if you put a Clay County jersey on Wright, then Dawg05 and Devilfanatic would be pushing Wright for Mr. Basketball. I have news for you two: the best player doesn't have to play for the best team. And another thing: if you traded Wright for any one of Clay County's three guards, then Pickett County would be 6-6 in the district. Also, if you did the same with Laws and a Clay guard, then Clarkrange would have won two district games this season.