IMAC Conference

GREENEDEVILMOM

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes: This is my geuss for the IMAC season...but the top four spots are probably up for grabs.

1: Jefferson County

2: Morristown West

3: Cherokee

4: Morristown East

5: Greeneville

6: Cocke County

Like I say those top 4 spots could be any of the top 4 listed.

Jefferson County will continue to be strong with alot of returning players...but may be effected some by the loss of Ashley Whitehead. I feel they are the best offensive team in IMAC.

Morristown West has benefited by getting Ashley Whitehead to help in the pitching area. They are capable of being very strong on offense and defense.

Cherokee may be young but are talented. They have two strong pitchers that are capable of competing with any team. Their bats have got off to a slow start and have had some errors that have hurt them. But as West they are capable of being strong on both sides of an inning.

Morristown East is also a very strong team and are capable of leading the IMAC. They have two strong pitchers and a host of other players that can lead their team in many catagories.

This one is turning out to be the dog fight predicted. With Cherokee's victory over Morristown East tonight, the top spot is still up for grabs by four teams.

Jeff County and Cherokee each have 2 district losses and each have a game remaining with Morristown West.

West has three losses and can force a four way tie for the top spot with wins over both Jeff and Cherokee

East, ironically, with 3 losses of the own will be counting on their cross county rival to win out to give them a shot at the top seed.

Of course, Greenville and Cocke County are sitting back chomping at the bits to win a big game down the stretch and spoil the party.

Either way, it all is preliminary with the big prize coming at the District tournament. That tournament, my softball loving friends, will be a barn burner.

This one is turning out to be the dog fight predicted. With Cherokee's victory over Morristown East tonight, the top spot is still up for grabs by four teams.

Jeff County and Cherokee each have 2 district losses and each have a game remaining with Morristown West.

West has three losses and can force a four way tie for the top spot with wins over both Jeff and Cherokee

East, ironically, with 3 losses of the own will be counting on their cross county rival to win out to give them a shot at the top seed.

Of course, Greenville and Cocke County are sitting back chomping at the bits to win a big game down the stretch and spoil the party.

Either way, it all is preliminary with the big prize coming at the District tournament. That tournament, my softball loving friends, will be a barn burner.

The scenario changed a little tonight. Morristown West beat Cherokee 4 to 2 in eight innings. That leaves West, Cherokee and East with three losses. Jeff County has two losses and a date with Morristown West next Monday. This district looks destined for a 4 way tie for first place with no head to head tie break solution.

Could be the best overall match-ups in a District tournament this year.

Well, It happened. Morristown West beat Jeff County in 8 innings while Cherokee and Morristown East handled Cocke County and Greenville respectively. So with all conference games played, 4 of the 6 teams in the conference ended in a dead heat for the regular season title. Jeff, East, West and Cherokee each ended with 7 & 3 conference records to share the regular season title.

You have to know this is going to be a terrific district tournament at Greenville starting this Friday. There was a drawing for positions this morning in case of a tie. The seedings will be as follows:

1. Cherokee

2. Jeff County

3. Morristown East

4. Morristown West

5. Greenville

6. Cocke County

Looking forward to some great match-ups next Monday night.

The West, Jeff game actually went 9 innings - what a great game! However, there is some unfinished business - West plays at Greeneville tomorrow (5/2), and unless there's something I don't know East still has a game with Cocke County to settle.

Does anyone know what this bracket will look like? Will the winner of 3 vs. 6 play seed #1 or seed #2?

The West, Jeff game actually went 9 innings - what a great game! However, there is some unfinished business - West plays at Greeneville tomorrow (5/2), and unless there's something I don't know East still has a game with Cocke County to settle.

Does anyone know what this bracket will look like? Will the winner of 3 vs. 6 play seed #1 or seed #2?

My bad....thought all games were in, but either way it won't change 1 and 2 seeds.

If they follow convention, #4 should be on the same side of the bracket with #1 and therefore #3 on the same side as #2.

I heard it was a great game with Jeff. I heard two freshmen come up with big hits in the extra inning.

You're right - 1 & 2 aren't affected, and 3 & 4 won't be either if those 2 games play out the way the rest of the season has, but there is the possibility of 3 & 4 being flip-flopped. Either way, this should be a great tournament. Yeah, there were a couple of freshmen with key hits for West, but this was a tremendous team effort for West - they were down 5-0 after 3. There were a lot of key plays throughout this game by a lot of different folks who came up big in some tense situations.