District 8-AA Tournament

timbdp

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly an exciting tournament. I thought Caton was the MVP. He was the difference in both GHS games I watched. Very impressive for the Cats to come from double digits down in both games to win.

Good luck to everyone from 8AA in the Region.

Kurt Caton...only a Junior...certainly put on a show.....on both ends of the floor.

Hope to see an 8-AA sweep next week........

Uhhhh, say what? Outstanding performance by the team is right. I don't know about that 'other,' though.

There may have been some questionable things that went on during the season, but the coaching was very good for Greenbrier during this tournament, especially against Goodpasture. This team played VERY HARD and was DETERMINED to win but the coaching also gave the team confidence and came in with a gameplan that worked.

Certainly an exciting tournament. I thought Caton was the MVP. He was the difference in both GHS games I watched. Very impressive for the Cats to come from double digits down in both games to win.

Good luck to everyone from 8AA in the Region.

Kurt played one heck of a tournament, he definitely stepped it up, especially in the last two games, which would be the only reason I could think of why he didn't get MVP because not very many people on the team scored the first night except for Greer and Adams. The funny thing to me was that every night GB had a different leading scorer than most people thought. Against Portland Adams went 10/10 from the field and ended up with 21 pts. and everybody thought he had an awesome game (which he did) but Greer had 22 pts that night. Against Goodpasture, Sanders was the highlight of the night hitting 6 3's and finishing with 20 points, but Caton had 21, it just didn't seem like he had more. And against Station Camp last night, Kurt played an AWESOME game and I'm sure everybody thought he was the leading scorer. He had 21 points, but Greer had a quiet 26 to lead GB to the win.

Now I know its not all about points but that's the main thing. If it were based on steals and points I'm sure Kurt would have got it because he probably had about 8 steals last night and some others during the tourney, and if it was based on rebounds and points then Greer would have got it with his 11 rebounds last night and more throughout the tourney. IMO, both of these players were well deserving of the award, but I will say this, Caton played his heart out and he definitely kept the team in the game with his enthusiasm. Every time something good happened or GB got a run or something he was so pumped up and everybody just fed off of it; this whole GB team showed more excitement (as well as the GB fans) than they have all season and I think that is what led them to the title.

The most important thing out of all of this though is that Greenbrier went to the district championship for the first time in 18 years, and they won it for the first time in I don't know how long and that's all that matters to this team. This was a great win for Greenbrier players, coaches, and fans!!!

Edited by catsbball1