east literature vs white house heritage

timbdp

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think margotfos is headed down the right track. With 9 teams in the district you have to have a play-in game. I think all district games were supposed to be finished by Tuesday, 14th, but snow earlier changed some games.

Couldn't very well have a district meeting a day after having a play-in game, now can you? Is the name Petroni an Italian heritage name - if so I bet its true meaning is HOT DOG.

First off congrats to East Lit and East Robertson. Im not gonna make excuses about refs or of any other sorts because those are things you have to play through if you get bad refs.....Reddevil the only reason your so glad we got beat is because you have nothing to cheer for at Jo Byrns because they were never in contention for a top spot so you had to cheer for someone else....For those of you complaining about the game date change, the game was played when Heritage was healthier. Look at it this way, if we had played Thurday and lost we would be on here saying we lost cuz we were sick. Being as we lost Friday and were feeling quite a bit better East Lit beat a better Heritage team then what would have been so they should feel good about that. And we cant use that excuse. The district is finalized now get over it.....And now lastly for those Petrone haters. You talk about how he loves ****** people off, how he does things his way, how he doesnt care what others think of him, and etc. I seem to know of a coach by the name of Bobby Knight who is far worse but also LOVED for those exact reasons. I have had so many people from other schools and cities come watch our team play and after the game they talk about how well coached we are. I also seem to remember listening to George Plaster on the radio( IN NASHVILLE) talk so highly of Petrone. I also know how well liked Petrone is by so many great college coaches (one of his best friends being Roy Williams). I have also heard of PLAYERS from East Robertson talk about how they dont have a very good coach and that they would LOVE to have coach Petrone. Hes a great coach that has been at the college level and is a college scout. What other coach can you say that about in our district?....thats what I though

Edited by allregionpatriot#3

First off congrats to East Lit and East Robertson. Im not gonna make excuses about refs or of any other sorts because those are things you have to play through if you get bad refs.....Reddevil the only reason your so glad we got beat is because you have nothing to cheer for at Jo Byrns because they were never in contention for a top spot so you had to cheer for someone else....For those of you complaining about the game date change, the game was played when Heritage was healthier. Look at it this way, if we had played Thurday and lost we would be on here saying we lost cuz we were sick. Being as we lost Friday and were feeling quite a bit better East Lit beat a better Heritage team then what would have been so they should feel good about that. And we cant use that excuse. The district is finalized now get over it.....And now lastly for those Petrone haters. You talk about how he loves ****** people off, how he does things his way, how he doesnt care what others think of him, and etc. I seem to know of a coach by the name of Bobby Knight who is far worse but also LOVED for those exact reasons. I have had so many people from other schools and cities come watch our team play and after the game they talk about how well coached we are. I also seem to remember listening to George Plaster on the radio( IN NASHVILLE) talk so highly of Petrone. I also know how well liked Petrone is by so many great college coaches (one of his best friends being Roy Williams). I have also heard of PLAYERS from East Robertson talk about how they dont have a very good coach and that they would LOVE to have coach Petrone. Hes a great coach that has been at the college level and is a college scout. What other coach can you say that about in our district?....thats what I though

I agree all the way with that post, Petrone did the right thing by looking out for his players health risks by re-scheduling the game, and alot of people that know him look up to him for doing things like that, that and winning basketball games, Petrone is one of the best coaches i have ever met in high school basketball, what other coach in this district could say that they took four of his starting five player in while they were in the 8th grade and coached them and had great success every year since then, and Reddevil1, I can see you really don't like coach petrone, oh well, look where your sittin in the district, ya might wanna let Carlisle know what time our next game is so he can take notes, b\c from the district standings, petrone is doing something and having success at it that Carlisle and his team don't have.

Sorry i remembered one more thing. I just wanted to remind everyone of how East Robertson and Jo Byrns wouldnt even play Goodpasture when they were in the district because Goodpasture was to good. ow do those fans and atheletes feel about that? Not only does that not show faith in your team but it aslo takes money out of the program. Shows how much those coaches care for their team. Coach Petrone wouldnt ever cancel a game because a team may be to good. Ive always been told thats why they play the games. Right?

Is the name Petroni an Italian heritage name - if so I bet its true meaning is HOT DOG.

i think its funny how people say WH-H has no class but here we see a jo byrns fan saying that about our coach?? seems that heritage is a bit classier than the majority. and reddevil, have you ever met Coach Petroni? i bet the only thing you know about him is that he coaches at heritage. you would be lucky to know him. he is an incredible coach - ask any of the players how they feel about him. he cares about his players more than any coach i have ever seen, and i think it shows. by the way, reddevil you mentioned about how Coach Petroni was feeling, he was running a 103 degree temperature at the game last night as he has the flu, too. it seems a bit classless to make fun of someone who was that sick. GROW UP!

Edited by number1shooter

This post is directed to several different posts on this subject. First of all, to the Coach of East Lit. "CoachF"- how unprofessional of you to post on this site or if you're going to, be smart enough not to use your real name! How dare you criticise another coach! How dare you downgrade the players of another team! You do not deserve to be a coach if you have no better values than that. Now to Reddevil1- You are definitley from Jo Byrns! Always talking about class but never showing any. I am still amazed that the date changed mattered that much to all the other teams. VOLDAD,margotfos, reddevil1,why they all suddenly agree on something, that being the dislike for the Heritage coach and the team. Maybe you all can go out to dinner after the district game! The change did not affect any team but East Lit. and they won the game anyway so why the whining?

Several years ago when the counties split and our kids had to go to Heritage, we were a little upset, but after seeing what the school was and with the administration we've had, we feel we have a good situation. The parents and students at Heritage love and appreciate Coach Petrone for his hard work and dedication to the program. How many of the kids from these other schools can say they are being taught by someone with so much experience? You all have said good luck on the districts to everyone else, did you forget to wish the kids at Heritage luck? Judge the kids at Heritage by their talent and abilities. Thats all I ask. Act like adults and let the kids play the game.

I think margotfos is headed down the right track. With 9 teams in the district you have to have a play-in game. I think all district games were supposed to be finished by Tuesday, 14th, but snow earlier changed some games.

Couldn't very well have a district meeting a day after having a play-in game, now can you? Is the name Petroni an Italian heritage name - if so I bet its true meaning is HOT DOG.

I've never met anyone considered a 'Hot Dog' that was not good at whatever he's doing!

Wonder why no other coach is so discussed? Could it be that they are content to be mediocre, and therefore whatever happens with their team is alright? The only thing that's wrong with you people is you've realized that someone can actually take five non-sought after boys, coach them, and have them be competetive. Most of the other coaches in the district have had YEARS of developing a winning team (not just 4 years) and they are not consistently in the top of the pack. The other coaches do not have any better personalities. I can understand feeling threatened and insecure in your abilities, but come on, is that really Petrone's fault? Maybe if you worked harder from your end, as coach, your team would be more consistently in the top of the mix. I honestly don't blame the players for not succeeding. It has been proven you can make winners out of any team willing to work hard.

You don't like Coach Petrone? OK, but wouldn't it be nice if you had a coach that cared if your team succeeded? Just be glad you don't have to have someone coach your child that knows what it takes to be a winner. I hope you are always happy with your mediocre coach and his mediocre season. I hope you do OK in the tournament.

This post is directed to several different posts on this subject. First of all, to the Coach of East Lit. "CoachF"- how unprofessional of you to post on this site or if you're going to, be smart enough not to use your real name! How dare you criticise another coach! How dare you downgrade the players of another team! You do not deserve to be a coach if you have no better values than that. Now to Reddevil1- You are definitley from Jo Byrns! Always talking about class but never showing any. I am still amazed that the date changed mattered that much to all the other teams. VOLDAD,margotfos, reddevil1,why they all suddenly agree on something, that being the dislike for the Heritage coach and the team. Maybe you all can go out to dinner after the district game! The change did not affect any team but East Lit. and they won the game anyway so why the whining?

Several years ago when the counties split and our kids had to go to Heritage, we were a little upset, but after seeing what the school was and with the administration we've had, we feel we have a good situation. The parents and students at Heritage love and appreciate Coach Petrone for his hard work and dedication to the program. How many of the kids from these other schools can say they are being taught by someone with so much experience? You all have said good luck on the districts to everyone else, did you forget to wish the kids at Heritage luck? Judge the kids at Heritage by their talent and abilities. Thats all I ask. Act like adults and let the kids play the game.

My last comment on this subject, but i have to admit I am amazed that some of the folks from WHH find it so difficult to comprehend why so many were bothered by what Coach Petrone did about this game. Seems they want ot change to subject to things that do not relate to what happened. It had nothing to do with the tournament Director or the coaches meeting on Wed. It had nothing to do with any lack of respect for the players for WHH. Honestly I don't know why you guys all think people are picking on you and don't like you ...but i might suggest you read some of the posts on here and maybe you will understand why your not very popular. This had everything to do with being fair and playing by the rules. Those of you who understand competition and the scope of how things are done ...understand why this game should not have been moved. All the points have been made here...you change game dates for very few reasons ....inclement weather. school closings due to illness, or damage to the facility and unable to move to another location. Not for injury to players or illness to players of a team going into a play off game to determine the district standing heading into tournament play. If some of you can't understand this by now then I will leave it up to others to help you get it.

As for trying to compare Petrone to Bobby Knight .....good try but those of us who know him and his history aren't buying that one ...sorry. If your happy with him ...great ..he can be a good coach and yes he knows basketball ...but it takes more than that to gain respect. Doing the right thing is a good start. I just wonder if WHH had won last night would all the folks on the site still be so upset ...and stil lfeel like " basketball step children". My guess is yes ...seems it is a common thread running among parents, players and students at WHH. Its really sad honestly. Thats it for me....and oh yes ...GOOD LUCK TO WHH IN THE DISTRICT