east literature vs white house heritage

timbdp

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds fishy to me as well. How many games would the schedule be behind if everytime a player had a runny nose and couldn't play, that another school was asked to play a different night? That's why you carry more than 5 players on your roster.

WWH was experiencing more than a runny nose, most of the team had the flu. Last year Clarksville Acad. rescheduled a game with WHH because of the flu. This game being resceduled had nothing to do with wanting to see who won last night or wanting to change officials. It had to do with a team that was too sick to play. WHH does not have a very large roster and when you have 6-8 kids out you don't have a team. Give the kids a chance to finish their hard played season on a level playing field, not with East Lit. playing WWH's B-team. If East Lit. agreed, why do you care??

The East Lit. team better check to see who the refs are going to be and to see if there was a change from Thurs. crew.

Good point b-ball mania .... As i understand it, and i got this from someone who was at the coaches meeting this week. WHH coach Petroni came right out and admitted he wanted the game changed due to the fact his players were sick and he wanted an extra day to get them well. That takes some nerve to openly admit that to other coaches of the district. But from what I understand this coach has a history or pulling things like this over the years. Just doesn't seem to care what others think of him or how it looks on his team. Odd that the boards have been so quiet about this issue, haven't heard a word from the WHH folks who are usually very vocal on here.....interesting huh.

Good point b-ball mania .... As i understand it, and i got this from someone who was at the coaches meeting this week. WHH coach Petroni came right out and admitted he wanted the game changed due to the fact his players were sick and he wanted an extra day to get them well. That takes some nerve to openly admit that to other coaches of the district. But from what I understand this coach has a history or pulling things like this over the years. Just doesn't seem to care what others think of him or how it looks on his team. Odd that the boards have been so quiet about this issue, haven't heard a word from the WHH folks who are usually very vocal on here.....interesting huh.

What is odd to me is the fact that VOLDAD is so concerned about the game time change, it does not affect NCS at all. Coach Petrone asked East Lit to change the game and they agreed. What did you hear from Charlie that he has "pulled" in the past? I will be vocal on these boards when it comes to defending WHH. I think it says alot for East Lit. Their coach evidently cares about the kids. How hard it would have been for the players at Heritage to sit out the last game of the season,just so VOLDAD would be happy.

naismith,

I think if you checked the facts about last year's cancelled game, CA called off school because of a flu outbreak. If my memory is correct even the TV stations from Nashville went to C'ville and reported it on the 6 pm news. Eventually allof Montgomery County called off school.

I did not see where WHH cancelled school today! I also talked with someone at the meeting and was told that Petroni NEVER said why the game was rescheduled, his only comment was it's MY home game. Sounds like a LITTLE man attitude to me.

What is odd to me is the fact that VOLDAD is so concerned about the game time change, it does not affect NCS at all. Coach Petrone asked East Lit to change the game and they agreed. What did you hear from Charlie that he has "pulled" in the past? I will be vocal on these boards when it comes to defending WHH. I think it says alot for East Lit. Their coach evidently cares about the kids. How hard it would have been for the players at Heritage to sit out the last game of the season,just so VOLDAD would be happy.

First of all, your wrong in assuming where I heard what went on in that meeting. And it wasn't the change of game time that bothered me it was the change of the day of the game. This game has been scheduled for weeks and should not have been changed. The situation last year with Clarksville Academy didn't involved the District tournament brackets. Your living in denial if you think refusing to play this game when it was originaly scheduled isn't "bush league" on the part of your coach. Of course no one is saying they aren't concerned about the health of your team but when it comes down to the end of the season and you have players injured or ill that is just part of the game and you play on. I stated on my other post here that I admire East Literature for going along with this ...I am actually not sure they had a choice, the way it was explained to me Petrone just said that was the way it was going to be because it was WHH home game and they would play it when they wanted to. But what is also important for you to know is that its common knowledge to many many people in the Nashville area what type of coach and personality Petrone is and have been over the years. Just ask around you'll see what i mean. He enjoys ###### people off. He does a great job at it too. I truly don't think i am alone in my feelings about this ...just read the other posts here but happy to debate it with you anyway.

Yes, East Robertson and East Literature are now in a tie for first in the regular season. There will be a coin flip made to decide who gets what seed ( 1st or 2nd ) Which makes heritage third. I hope that helps a little.

I went to the heritage game tonight, and i had no idea that heritage was going to have to face off with east literature and the referees, it was a very poorly called game, but don't get me wrong East Literature has got a very good ball team with alot of talent, but I believe that Heritage can play against any team you put them up against, i beleive that if the game was not so poorly called it might have been different, but sometimes i guess you just get delt with the wrong hand when it comes to refs. Jared Hill had a good game as usual and Tyler Slage and Taylor Jarrell both had a really good games as well, Slagle was sat down in the fourth quarter after his second technical foul in the game, but I'm not sure if he's got to sit out for the next game or what, if someone would, please reply to me the rule on that I would appreciate it. But it was a very close exciting game between the two team and i tip my hat to East Robertson and East Literature for a having a good season this year, Heritage will take the third place spot and i guess East Robertson and East Literature will have a coin toss to decide, but congradulations to Heritage this season, we have been treated pretty much like the step child of high school athletics, but we just keep on playin as hard as we can and keep showin people that we can hang with any team you put us up against, hopefully Heritage will have alot of success in the tournament and good luck to East Robertson and East Literature as well.

I went to the heritage game tonight, and i had no idea that heritage was going to have to face off with east literature and the referees, it was a very poorly called game, but don't get me wrong East Literature has got a very good ball team with alot of talent, but I believe that Heritage can play against any team you put them up against, i beleive that if the game was not so poorly called it might have been different, but sometimes i guess you just get delt with the wrong hand when it comes to refs. Jared Hill had a good game as usual and Tyler Slage and Taylor Jarrell both had a really good games as well, Slagle was sat down in the fourth quarter after his second technical foul in the game, but I'm not sure if he's got to sit out for the next game or what, if someone would, please reply to me the rule on that I would appreciate it. But it was a very close exciting game between the two team and i tip my hat to East Robertson and East Literature for a having a good season this year, Heritage will take the third place spot and i guess East Robertson and East Literature will have a coin toss to decide, but congradulations to Heritage this season, we have been treated pretty much like the step child of high school athletics, but we just keep on playin as hard as we can and keep showin people that we can hang with any team you put us up against, hopefully Heritage will have alot of success in the tournament and good luck to East Robertson and East Literature as well.

You must realize that not all games are called fairly, every team has at one time delt with bad refs. It is part of the sport. No one has treated you like the step child of high schools. Everyone is treated fairly, Your game was postponed due to the players being sick. I don't think that is treating you badly. Good luck in the tournament. But just know That East Robertson and East Literature can hang with any team you put them up agianst too!! Congratulations E- rob and E- lit for recieving first place. Can't wait to see what the tournaments bring!! Good luck everyone!!

I just saw on the Tennessean web site that East Lit won tonight. So, now what does that do to the district's final standings? I also saw another thread about East Robertson sharing the regular season title. HELP!! I'm just trying to find out where Houston County will be going on Tuesday night. Are we back to a coin flip for first or what?

I take it that Houston County won tonight ? Can't find the score to that game anywhere but that isn't unusualy for Houston County games ....hard to get them to report the scores. We should know more by tomorrow I'm sure. Its OK to feel confused ....we all are that way trying to figure this thing out. Hve fun and we will see you at the District soon i hope.

East Literature won the coin toss. I believe the pairings are like this.

East Lit. vs Houston Co.

East Rob. vs Montessori ac.

Heritage vs. McEwen

NCS vs Jo Byrns

I thought my kids dug down deep in the fourth quarter when Heritage fought back from a ten point deficit to take the lead. We closed out with a 17 - 2 run. I am extremely proud of my kids. They have worked very hard.

Heritage has three really good basketball players. That is not to slight anyone else on the team. Just making the point that I respect their ability.

I know there has been a lot of posts on this board about Heritage and their decision to move the game. I will make a few comments and move on.

Two years ago I had to play Springfield with only seven players because of the Flu. It never crossed my mind to demand that the game be changed because it was my home game.

In district competition there has always been a gentlemen's agreement on the unnecessary formality of contracts. Obviously, I will have to look into changing this policy when dealing with certain individuals.

If we had not played, it would not have been a forfeit but a no contest. Which means my team would not have had a fair shot at the #1 seed based on tie-breakers.

Everything worked out. If I say how I really feel about certain individuals on this board, I would be lowering myself.

By the way, Slagle had two Technicals tonight. McEwen, your welcome.