Hermitage Springs vs. Watertown

DCMHMSMHCC

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DCMHMSMHCC @ Feb 18 2006 - 02:24 PM)

Watertown had the ball somehow Matthew Smith ended up with the ball shot a three pointer, missed it, Andrew Lewis was under the basket rebounded it and shot it and hit a 2 then the ref blew his whistle.. and the clock was stopped with 1.4 on it... Um you are the person that use to work at Bill Martin's in RBS right?

This is is not exactly right. Watertown hit a ft to go up 2 with 10 seconds remaining as coke bottles, popcorn, and other debris were being thrown onto the playing service. He missed the second shot and HS began to push the basketball. Number 20 got the ball drove baseline was double teamed attempted to kick the ball out to 10 and the ball was stolen by 24 with 1.4 seconds on the clock when the clock stopped. Even if there was a whistle blown, Watertown would have went to the FT line with 1.4 seconds on the clock for the double bonus.

Still looks like to me district 8 may do a little better at the regions this year than in years past. HS has played close with some of the top teams in district 7 but W-town has gotten blown out by the 4 top in district. I know on any given nite anything can happen BUT... from the looks of things the region may be better this year and not dominated by district7

Commander only number 1 and 2 have beaten Watertown by double digits. Westmoreland only beat Watertown by 2 points at Watertown, and only beat them by 8 at their place. G'Ville and FCS at the end of 3 when Shults fouls out at Watertown, Watertown is within 9. The only blow out was at FCS. At G'Ville, Watertown leads after 1 quarter, down by 4 at the half before PG and Shults get into foul trouble. Eveyone knows we only play 5 kids and if foul trouble doesn't get us we can compete. Maybe not win but compete.

An absolute malicous downright FALSE statement............ :D

For those that care how the game ended, Watertown rebounded a missed shot by H.S that would have tied the game. After possessing the rebound, the clock operator (a former H.S. b'ball coach) stopped the clock claiming he "heard a whistle" (1.4 seconds remaining). The rebounding Watertown kid held the ball for 3 to 4 seconds as no H.S. player attempted to foul. The officials recognized that the clock had been stopped for some time and did the right thing by ending the ball game.

Until proven otherwise, poster "DCMHMSMHCC" has no credibility on this board.

DCMHMSMHCC TOLD THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: Jimmy(#22) got the ball after one of the players from watertown slamed the ball on the floor.With 1.4 sec Jimmy shot the ball it went in and the refs. just walked off!!!It was a tied ball game but the refs. would not count the shot.the refs. should have gave the player that slamed the ball down a T!!!! then we could have tied or even won. the refs and the clock person cheated our boys out of another ball game :lol:

Still looks like to me district 8 may do a little better at the regions this year than in years past. HS has played close with some of the top teams in district 7 but W-town has gotten blown out by the 4 top in district. I know on any given nite anything can happen BUT... from the looks of things the region may be better this year and not dominated by district7

Commander only number 1 and 2 have beaten Watertown by double digits. Westmoreland only beat Watertown by 2 points at Watertown, and only beat them by 8 at their place. G'Ville and FCS at the end of 3 when Shults fouls out at Watertown, Watertown is within 9. The only blow out was at FCS. At G'Ville, Watertown leads after 1 quarter, down by 4 at the half before PG and Shults get into foul trouble. Eveyone knows we only play 5 kids and if foul trouble doesn't get us we can compete. Maybe not win but compete.

enigma sorry 'bout that. you misunderstood my point. I think everybody out there thinks district 7 is going to beat district 8 sooo bad at the regions but i think our top 4 [whoever they may be] will be very competetive with them. No disrespect meant to W-town. See ya next week at the districts and GOOD LUCK!! :thumb:

Commander, you guys would have to have a terrible night to get beat in the region. Your just too deep with at least 11 kids that could start on anyone else's roster.

hewy, thanks for the compliment but the past few years we just don't seem to bring our best games at regions. Clay, Jackson, and Pickett all have teams that have advanced in the last few years and hopefully we can have a region tourney where everyone is healthy and we bring our A game. I do believe our depth is a key factor because our 10 players that play the most are all pretty equal, there really isn't a drop when we substitute. Hopefully that will pay off now. Guess we will see in the next few weeks! :lol: