District 7AAA

2priceless

OK ....Neil robinson is Brad little brother (former pitcher at oakland) Choate has already signed and skinner and hunter are just JRs so they cant have personal contact right now i THINK they are not allowed contact until after they have finished their JR elegiblity they have recieved letter dont know from who but i have HEARD that if it wasnt for the knee injury a few years ago by skinner he would have a chance to get drafted

aas far as the grand slam by skinner he is that good i dont know much about the pitcher but it was a fastball and will doesnt miss too many of those he is a real good kid too with a hard work ethic he really got noticed in the fall when we went to north shoals alabama for agame and he hit a pretty good ball with the wooden bats so he caught a few eyes there

I agree with the person talkng abut some JRs being locks nothing is a lock til the papers are signed and i am not sure if you realize it or not but MTSU is no little school in baseball so you still need to be pretty good ot get ascholarsip there

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing all these things about Barnes and I am anxious to see what he can do under the pressure of some high profile games.

I agree with Oaklandgrad......I think PJ has been looked at closely by MTSU for the past 2 yrs. Unless he completely chokes this season...which won't happen....I see him signing with Middle.

As for Drew Fann........the kid will shine even brighter this year...esp if oHS has the yr like I know they can. Face it, OHS has a tradition in the state of TN and their kids get looks that others might not get b/c of the program's success and players who have gone the Pro Route. Two Gatorade Players of the Yr sealed that.

Im not a fair weather fan. I love the sport and i have alot of respect for all 3 teams. I just dont see players from Oakland and Riverdale get on and talk themselves up when Riverdale made it to state last year.

I dont see any Siegel player's on here talking their team up. Winners Inc is obviously a big supporter .. whats wrong with that? I know Siegel needs the support this year .. I suggest you and the 'nation' get out and find an outdoors sport.

My fault riverdaleman, I forgot Hunter was an old junior, and for some reason thought Skinner was a senior as well. Im not insinuating that MTSU is a "small" school .. I'm just saying, it will be easier for them to play at a school like MTSU than lets say a Texas or Nebraska.

Maybe I am wrong, but I would rather have loyal fans watching than to have ones who are going to get on here and dissect every wrong thing that their supposed team does. However........like I stated before....maybe I have no clue what the players expectations are these days. In my time, b/c YES as the nation will state over and over again, I am OLD....awe didn't care if we had 10 fans in the stand as long as they were cheering for us. Would rather have that than to have 50 who gave up on us and sat silent....and then jumped on here and sounded off about us. Usually it is the ones who can't hang in a team sport that get on here and disrespect. Hopefully Siegel players don't get on here and read this stuff anyway.

Knowing Reavis and the discipline he implemented at Lavergne and now Siegel, I know none of their players will take it to heart. Reavis has turned into a fine coach over the years.

It's good to see 3 greats .. Hawks, Powers, and Reavis in the same district.

I have all the respect in the world in Reavis to take Siegel to levels only dreamed of by other schools. He runs a disciplined program. His kids will be fundamentally sound as well.

They are just juniors, so I don't consider them 'locks' just yet. There are always better players out there, just the matter of finding them. PJ and Drew both need to have a good season if they want to have that 'lock' status.

I keep hearing all these things about Barnes and I am anxious to see what he can do under the pressure of some high profile games.

I agree with Oaklandgrad......I think PJ has been looked at closely by MTSU for the past 2 yrs. Unless he completely chokes this season...which won't happen....I see him signing with Middle.

As for Drew Fann........the kid will shine even brighter this year...esp if oHS has the yr like I know they can. Face it, OHS has a tradition in the state of TN and their kids get looks that others might not get b/c of the program's success and players who have gone the Pro Route. Two Gatorade Players of the Yr sealed that.

Apparently you dont know that Drew and PJ both have gotten letters from SEC schools, not the high profile ones such as LSU, Florida, etc, but SEC schools nonetheless. PJ and Drew can do better than MT, but Pete has him a pretty good program to begin with, so yes these 2 are locks for D-1 programs and you would know this if ya saw pj and drew play alot this year

Apparently you dont know that Drew and PJ both have gotten letters from SEC schools, not the high profile ones such as LSU, Florida, etc, but SEC schools nonetheless. PJ and Drew can do better than MT, but Pete has him a pretty good program to begin with, so yes these 2 are locks for D-1 programs and you would know this if ya saw pj and drew play alot this year

I plan to rectify that this yr..... :)

How many players have signed from Oakland in its history of Hawks as HC?

I have watched PJ and Drew play all their lives and i know that they are good i know about PJs speed and his ablity to get on basae and i know drew is a tough out and that he likes first base seems to be a lot easier than catching LOL trust me i will be one of the happiest people to watch them play di and it could happen but it is hard to say it is a lock for right now let them finish this year then we can talk about a lock

Letters for summer camps maybe? They are juniors, so no direct contact can be made yet.

I plan to rectify that this yr..... :)

How many players have signed from Oakland in its history of Hawks as HC?

Mitch Warren was the 42nd Oakland player under Hawks to go on to play College Baseball

Letters for summer camps maybe? They are juniors, so no direct contact can be made yet.

Very aware of that, but there just times when a player is going thru the motions, but these SEC schools have shown legitimate interest in both PJ and Drew

I have watched PJ and Drew play all their lives and i know that they are good i know about PJs speed and his ablity to get on basae and i know drew is a tough out and that he likes first base seems to be a lot easier than catching LOL trust me i will be one of the happiest people to watch them play di and it could happen but it is hard to say it is a lock for right now let them finish this year then we can talk about a lock

was responding to steal3rdbase, not you riverdaleman, you my boy, a friend of DL is a friend of mine