Top teams in AAA

topgame

sorry if i came across in a negative way toward you. i just want the negative things being said about this kid to go away.

Who are the top 5 teams in the state this year?

5. Maryville

4. Maryville

3. Maryville

2. Maryville

1. Maryville

Brooke Melton will lead the Lady Rebs to and undefeated state championship...just watch!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the top 5 teams in the state this year?

5. Maryville

4. Maryville

3. Maryville

2. Maryville

1. Maryville

Brooke Melton will lead the Lady Rebs to and undefeated state championship...just watch!

Are you taking even money on this bet?

What about redbank defending state champs.

Nobody knows how losing five starters will affect them. The strenth of Red Bank was their defense and hitting power, those five starters played a big part of that . Last year in their wins, those kids in the field made some really great plays to keep the teams they played from scoring runs. They are returning a pitcher but she isnt a strike out pitcher; that team had to play a lot of hard hit balls.

I really dont know who Red Bank has stepping up to the plate this year to fill these really great players shoes, but they do seem to have a good coach so I guess they should be added to the list. My pick would be :

Soddy Daisy

Riverdale

Brentwood

Red Bank or Ooltewah

Edited by tnspysoftball

Nobody knows how losing five starters will affect them. The strenth of Red Bank was their defense and hitting power, those five starters played a big part of that . Last year in their wins, those kids in the field made some really great plays to keep the teams they played from scoring runs. They are returning a pitcher but she isnt a strike out pitcher; that team had to play a lot of hard hit balls.

I really dont know who Red Bank has stepping up to the plate this year to fill these really great players shoes, but they do seem to have a good coach so I guess they should be added to the list. My pick would be :

Soddy Daisy

Riverdale

Brentwood

Red Bank or Ooltewah

Red Bank has returning two strong pitchers, I don't know why people think they didn't have strikeout pitchers, if you were watching or keeping Stats you would have seen that they average about 7 strikeouts a game, how much is enough for some of you, and any ball player knows that a pitcher doesn't win a game on there own thats why they have 8 girls behind them, so what if they made some good defensive plays thats what their there for. Yea it would hurt any team to lose 5 starters, but a few of the ones left won quite a few games on there hits, the ones that left didn't carry the team all the time. They have some new players this year that will surprise everyone, they held there own at the east ridge playday, and who knows how far they will go this year, no one thought they would win last year and see what happened, how far would they have went without this so called none strikeout pitcher, teams fizzle and teams grow stronger and thats what Red Bank did, and with the same coach this year who knows what can happen come tournament time. From what I saw at playday a lot of the teams are going to have

to rely on defense this year, no teams was overpowering but its early yet.

"so what if they made some good defensive plays thats what their there for. "

IT does take an entire team to win a game. Red bank's senior class was awesome and they created the best defense in the state. They made this happen. Pitchers are important but everybody needs to understand it is a team that wins.

Heres the list of the ALL STATE AAA pitchers last year:

Pitchers: Falon Catalano, Riverdale; Ashley Elrod, Rossview; Sally Gale, Bearden; Ashley Myatt, Dickson County; Chelsea Owens, Lincoln County; Tarrah Tucker, Hickman County; Nikki Waters, Soddy-Daisy

"Red Bank has returning two strong pitchers, I don't know why people think they didn't have strikeout pitchers, if you were watching or keeping Stats you would have seen that they average about 7 strikeouts a game, how much is enough for some of you,"

I know they are good but if they were a dominating force they would be on this list and not Soddy Daisy's Nikki Waters, who they played against in the championship game. IT does take an entire team to win a game. Red bank's senior class was awesome.

Heres the list of the ALL STATE AAA pitchers last year:

Pitchers: Falon Catalano, Riverdale; Ashley Elrod, Rossview; Sally Gale, Bearden; Ashley Myatt, Dickson County; Chelsea Owens, Lincoln County; Tarrah Tucker, Hickman County; Nikki Waters, Soddy-Daisy

There is no doubt that Nikki is a great pitcher, but there are great pitchers out there everywhere they just don't get the coverage that some do. Pitchers are never going to be great each time and they all have a couple of batters that no matter what they throw they hit it, thats what makes a great batter. This list is a good one but all it tells you is who gets seen by whoever makes it, I am sure that alot of great pitchers are left out, and some are picked just because of there good coverage of the newspaper. Championship game, Waters gave up I think it was 9 hits and Troglin gave up 3, Troglin dominated that game, another game Waters might dominate, they are both great pitchers just one gets more credit then the other but the other gets comments like yours saying its the defense, but I guess Soddys defense never help her, it must have been only the pitching!! Why does everyone forget about Stacy Fairbanks if it wasn't for her Soddy wouldn't have had the great season that they had, she is also one that never gets the credit she deserves. But it seems that there is some players that no matter what they do they are never recognized for there accomplishments, instead of people saying their good they come up with other reasons it happened.