What Private School in the State has the closest shot@knockin off BA?

santuan

I just answered the question. I'm not taking anything away from BA. Yea they are the team in TN. I just was answering who had the best chance in private schools to beat them out of memphis and i think it is ECS. Now do i think they will beat them probably not but they have the best shot in my opinion. To tell you the truth after seeing brentwood play twice this year and playing them last year. I think any team will have problems gaurding Bone more than they will gaurding Wright. ECS has a big wide body down low that is going to bang with him a lot more than he's seen this year in my opinion, this guy doesn't give a crap. They are scrappy players that have the best chance in beating BA>

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just answered the question. I'm not taking anything away from BA. Yea they are the team in TN. I just was answering who had the best chance in private schools to beat them out of memphis and i think it is ECS. Now do i think they will beat them probably not but they have the best shot in my opinion. To tell you the truth after seeing brentwood play twice this year and playing them last year. I think any team will have problems gaurding Bone more than they will gaurding Wright. ECS has a big wide body down low that is going to bang with him a lot more than he's seen this year in my opinion, this guy doesn't give a crap. They are scrappy players that have the best chance in beating BA>

[/quo

So Chism and Young aren't big and don't bang? Wright has played just fine against bigger players. So "this guy doesn't give a crap"? Great he can foul out in 5min then. This is basketball not a street fight. Do you coach at Briarcrest?

Ok, I thought the question was who has the best chance of knocking of BA and i answered that with ECS. Now if you paid any attention in the Boliver BA game you would have seen Chism didn't play a whole half. And then just recently in the BA Mitchell game Thad didn't gaurd Wright the entire game. Ecs has got two big kids that love to bang. You put both of them on Wright and bang the entire game it will wear him down. I just think that Ecs has the best chance. No i don't coach at Briarcrest but i did play for Harrington, I coach at Bartlett. Look at last years state championship if you saw it. BCHS played BA in the finals and Michael Ohr banged with Wright the entire game and yes Wright had a good game and won their third state title but was clearly worn out by the end of the game. Now you rotate two big guys in the game to bang with Wright and not only do you wear out Wright but you also keep your two big guys fresh.

Ok, I thought the question was who has the best chance of knocking of BA and i answered that with ECS. Now if you paid any attention in the Boliver BA game you would have seen Chism didn't play a whole half. And then just recently in the BA Mitchell game Thad didn't gaurd Wright the entire game. Ecs has got two big kids that love to bang. You put both of them on Wright and bang the entire game it will wear him down. I just think that Ecs has the best chance. No i don't coach at Briarcrest but i did play for Harrington, I coach at Bartlett. Look at last years state championship if you saw it. BCHS played BA in the finals and Michael Ohr banged with Wright the entire game and yes Wright had a good game and won their third state title but was clearly worn out by the end of the game. Now you rotate two big guys in the game to bang with Wright and not only do you wear out Wright but you also keep your two big guys fresh.

That was the question and you did answer it. You said something interesting. You are making an asumption. That Wright will get worn down, by two players who are not on the same level, without fouling out, while no one else on BA scores, and B Wright still can't seem to score on them. You also mentioned rotating them. You are assuming these "big men" can contain Wright alone all while ECS contains the rest of a solid BA team. It is so simple to say coach and a little harder to do. If you are at Bartlett them I am sure you know this and remember playing BA.

If you think Wright was worn out after his match up with Oher in last year's

state finals, then you didn't pay attention to the game. If I remember correctly,

Oher had about 15 and Wright about 30.

As to guard play, Kottas, Beasley and Bone have consistently held their own

against some of the best competition in the country. Granted, everyone has an

off night but they have rarely had a night where turnovers were a factor.

That was the question and you did answer it. You said something interesting. You are making an asumption. That Wright will get worn down, by two players who are not on the same level, without fouling out, while no one else on BA scores, and B Wright still can't seem to score on them. You also mentioned rotating them. You are assuming these "big men" can contain Wright alone all while ECS contains the rest of a solid BA team. It is so simple to say coach and a little harder to do. If you are at Bartlett them I am sure you know this and remember playing BA.

I don't think anyone is saying that any particular strategy or personnel will absolutely beat BA...quite the contrary. I think the coach is saying what the best strategy would be to give any team their best chance, and he may be right when it comes to ECS. Will it work? Probably not. As all of us who have followed BA over the past couple of years know, pretty much everything has been tried. The only way a team beats BA is if they have an unconscious shooting game from 3-point range, and BA is ice cold. It's happened before (BGA two years ago) but I don't think anyone in DII will make it happem in '06.

I do agree that Wright was far from "worn down" in the championship game last year.

Edited by itzme

I don't think anyone is saying that any particular strategy or personnel will absolutely beat BA...quite the contrary. I think the coach is saying what the best strategy would be to give any team their best chance, and he may be right when it comes to ECS. Will it work? Probably not. As all of us who have followed BA over the past couple of years know, pretty much everything has been tried. The only way a team beats BA is if they have an unconscious shooting game from 3-point range, and BA is ice cold. It's happened before (BGA two years ago) but I don't think anyone in DII will make it happem in '06.

I do agree that Wright was far from "worn down" in the championship game last year.

no private school in TN has the wright answer for BA; but those that have beat BA have done it (this yr and over the past couple yrs) not in the paint (duh!) but rather with super athletic guards, and lights out 3pt shooting (father ryan, shelbyville, whites creek)... take out the guard equation bc BA is in better shape than they were against shelbyville and the simple fact is the athleticism at the D2 level at guard is no where near what BA has faced

brandon was not worn down at the end of last yrs finals game; does the name barry turner ring a bell? he could bang with anybody (and still is in fact); but it was clear to me that wright was not the frustrated one but rather the one making people frustrated...here are some worn out stats: 30 pts, 8rbs, 5blks, 5 dunks; oher was 18 and 11rbs; fitness is not a problem for wright; at the end of arbys he had played 8 games in 12 days with some serious travel time involved

What Private School in the State has the closest shot at knockin off <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> in the state invitational? My favorite is Elliston Baptist Academy...even tho they havent had a very hard schedule like Brrentwood has, I still think they have the intanglebles to beat them

Guess not, huh?