Campbell County Baseball

BigFly

The best player on the team went to AC, not just player. I'm really not sure who Campbell County has left to play? No offense against them, but I don't think its going to be a good season. They didn't do to hot last year, and losing the best player on the team probably didn't make matters better for them. I guess we will find out soon enough though. Can't wait to play them in the season.

Aparantly some kid by the last name as Farmer. From what I've heard he was their best coming up player. He was young, I believe a freshman, but they said he would have definitely started. It's rough to loose a young player that you know will be big for your program. Doesn't help them out in the long run at all. Campbell County definitely needs to get themselves up in the ranks, they will have another long season if they try that again this year.

Another team thats looking to turn it around is Powell. They got a new coach and they are already talking like they are going to have a break out year. Hope it goes well for them, but I don't think they are going to turn it around in one season.

Yeah i have talked to alot of Powell guys and the new Coach Jeff Inman seems to have all them wanting to go out and win they arent going to be happy with losing this year it dosent seem like, from what i have heard they have been going hard at everything they have done all winter and it has been a team thing not just 1 or 2 kids going out and doing it. They are are alot of started returning from last year,Seniors TJ Farmer CF/2B, Preston Davis P/1B, Sam Howerton 3B/P Juniors Jarrod Payne 3B, Matt Hargis SS, Lucas Leach P, Daniel Evans 1B/DH, Soph. Alec Tarrant OF/P, Jimmy Franklin 2B/CF, Nick Pressly OF/C. So yeah they have alot of starters returning this season and i hope they turn around and have a good year. Good luck.

I played on the Tennessee Trojans, which was Powell's summer league team with them over the summer. A few of their players were missing for reasons I'm sure, but most of their team was there. We had a lot of success, and it was fun playing with them. They have a lot of talent on that team, they just need a coach to expose that.

I do wish them the best of luck, because nobody wants to have a senior season like they did last year. I would hate to leave Clinton with that kind of year. Both of out teams open up the same night against each other. We go to Powell to play them for our season opener on March 13 at 5:00 p.m. Obviously I don't think they will beat us then, but I think they will have a whole lot more wins than last year. They are putting in the work I'm sure, just like we are. I wouldn't be upset if I was a player on their team if they didn't go .500, its tough to turn it around, but a good winning season would be great for them. Builds lots of confidence for going into the next year as well.

• 1 year later...
Yeah i have talked to alot of Powell guys and the new Coach Jeff Inman seems to have all them wanting to go out and win they arent going to be happy with losing this year it dosent seem like, from what i have heard they have been going hard at everything they have done all winter and it has been a team thing not just 1 or 2 kids going out and doing it. They are are alot of started returning from last year,Seniors TJ Farmer CF/2B, Preston Davis P/1B, Sam Howerton 3B/P Juniors Jarrod Payne 3B, Matt Hargis SS, Lucas Leach P, Daniel Evans 1B/DH, Soph. Alec Tarrant OF/P, Jimmy Franklin 2B/CF, Nick Pressly OF/C. So yeah they have alot of starters returning this season and i hope they turn around and have a good year. Good luck.

Is Alec Tarrant still at Powell?