Baylor - King of DII

ironman55

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is winning state in DII wrestling as hard as winning DII football? I think in DII football, if you win 2 games you win state.

We D2 people would be happy to wrestle and play football in D1 but you won't let us. Did you forget? D1 kicked us out. We would love more games and matches for one true state championship. We are always looking for competition.

Edited by mtnrasslin

We D2 people would be happy to wrestle and play football in D1 but you won't let us. Did you forget? D1 kicked us out. We would love more games and matches for one true state championship. We are always looking for competition.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but wasn't the split because DII didn't want to quit cherry picking their athletes? That is what I was told. I wasn't a part of TSSAA prior to the split, but that was my understanding. Someone help clarify this for me.

mtnrasslin, See Notre Dame or Boyd Buchanan to name two schools to see how you get to wrestle or play football with the DI schools. Besides you all wrestle DI schools on your schedule already.

mtnrasslin, See Notre Dame or Boyd Buchanan to name two schools to see how you get to wrestle or play football with the DI schools. Besides you all wrestle DI schools on your schedule already.

These two schools dropped their financial aid program (which is the classifying rule for D2). Without financial aid many students at any of the D2 schools would not be able to attend their respective school.

Yes we do wrestle D1 teams but I was responding to someone who was belittling the D2 tournament. I find it humorous that Group A forces Group B out of their tournaments so Group A can win more championships, and then ridicules the tournament that Group B is forced into. Again, we'll be happy to wrestle in the D1 tournament.

be careful mtnrasslin, or they (DI) will force us out of DII because they don't like our tournament!!!!! What will they want next? Maybe they will want all of us in DII to quit wrestling all together. Isn't if funny how they forced us out and they still don't like us. Dang I need to go get a bloody mary. Maybe I can get Stove to serve us up.

Since the DI - DII split at the start of the 1997-1998 season, Baylor has been dominate.

.................................Total DII 1998 - 2006

.......................State..............Individual..................Individual

.......................Duals.................Team......................Champs

.......................Champs............Champs

Baylor..................4.......................6.............................31

F. Ryan.................3......................3..............................27

McCallie................2......................0..............................29

MBA......................0.......................0.............................15 (10 Simpsons)

N.D. (now DI)........0......................0................................7

BA.........................0......................0................................6

Christ Bro..............0......................0................................5

Other.....................0......................0................................6

So D-II is really a 2 team Division? Of course looking at team the same could be said of D-1 except in the duals where there has been 4 different Champions!

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Without financial aid many students at any of the D2 schools would not be able to attend their respective school.

I guess that depends on how one would define "many". Based on free, public information on the internet, the DII schools on the high end have roughly 20% of their kids on some sort of aid, and the average family on aid is still shelling out thousands upon thousands of dollars to supplement that financial aid.

I agree that financial aid is the difference in some kids being at, or not being at, a DII school, but the vast majority (80%+) of kids are not on aid.