Liberty vs. Bolivar

baseballa28

This is one of the most highly anticipated games of the year and it has all the makings to be a classic as Bolivar has won both games by a total of 5 points. Will the green and white walk out with another district title or will the new guys from Liberty overcome the champs? I'm not going to give a score but I think the Crusaders take the title.

Edited by baseballa28

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear w/ me here...OK?

To be fair...this is the Crusader's best shot at beating Bolivar so far. Thet are highly motivated, hungry and talented. Liberty is a great team.

Therefore, it would not really surprise me and it would not end the Tigers season. They could even meet again...

NOW. The Tigers will win this one.

But let me throw this one in too...they can't have the type of game they had with McNairy. I don't know what was up b/c I haven't spoken with any of them yet, but I do know two things: 1.) Rudesill sure sounded as mad as I've heard him in a while on the post-game 2.) I can't believe (Heck--I KNOW) our starting guys aren't happy with the outcome-even if it was a win...and I'm proud of that win! McNairy played all out...(Great game McNairy--I know winning is what counts--but you guys sure brought it). The Tigers are going to have to play all out also if they want to be remembered as one of the TRULY great teams. Of this there is no doubt. I already consider them as such...but history making is another thing.

Finally...I've given Liberty their WELL deserved respect and I know (and am truly sorry for the reason) that they are even MORE highly motivated. But objective posters need to at least consider something I mentioned in another thread last week.

Many people post/talk like the Crusaders are already just the undeniable AA Champs this year. A reporter in an unnamed paper even said this was the year for a "coronation". Look, this may well end up the case...who knows? BUT do remember this...the Bolivar Tigers haven't just shown up at a gym and someone come out and give them wins for the last few years!!! They've EARNED those victories in tight games against GREAT teams!!! Especially at tourney time. I won't name all the great teams they've beaten in order to win the Championships...but anyone who follows them KNOWS who they've beaten to get where they are.

Liberty IS a great team. No doubt. If they are looking for respect...they've got it here. But I know what they're looking for, and it's more than respect.

It's just in knowing Coach Rudesill--and his staff, Kemp, Chism, Rhodes, Madden and ALL the rest...I just can't believe that---in the end---they will give it up this year. They're well coached, talented and experienced...now all the guys need to play like it. Hey-that bench HAS really started stepping up!!! GREAT JOB GUYS! Keep it up---we've got to have it!

But I am buying a case of Mylanta for my stomach...b/c I don't imagine it's going to be any cake walk! BUT, it never has been!

AND---Believe me Crusaders, if you do pull out the title this year, I (and I imagine a lot of other Tiger fans) will be on here giving you your props. I just don't believe---in my gut---that this year is THE year. No dis to you guys either.

Sorry so long guys...but had points I've been thinking about, and besides, it won't be long now before its ALL over for this season.

Firefulmer

Edited by firefulmer

well i am glad for this match once again....i havent gotten to see liberty and bolivar play at all this season cause i've been with my team but this will b an exciting game to watch and i hope the liberty crusaders come out victorious in this game. the liberty team is magnificent this year..they have good boys out there on the floor..they havent ever accomplished this is school history n i think that this is their year to shine so they deserve to win..i really hope they go to state this year..they deserve all of this recognition...now im not tryin to say that bolivar dont deserve it, im jus stayin that liberty deserves it more...bolivar has won this district title before..liberty hasnt..bolivar has been to state tournament consecutive times..liberty hasnt...brandon evans is a terrific player n if i had to name somebody to b mvp of this district tournament it would b brandon evans. the long twins r really good..bijon jones brings alot of excitement to the team..all of the boys are really good..so im excited they are playing wednesday night n i hope to see a good game and hopefully a good result in the end...

It's time to get on the big stage as we get closer to March :lol: That means you ride the big fella in Wayne and create havoc on the inside..

When push comes to shove and the heat is on , you all know deep down that it's::

WILLIE TIME !!! :o

You can't stop KEMP, you can only hope to contain him :lol:

Is sure hope you're right, and all around agree with you...but our other guys are going to have to keep playing their game!

They've been doing great as of late--just keep it up guys! :thumb: