Best Left-handed catcher in the state

jdmtpb

If you have to know I have spent all weekend at the ER with players who are having their thumbs surgically repaired and taking thumbnails out of game balls. I too wear the 2 in 1's and would appreciate laying off of them. Take a look at Park, Jr. next time you see him. The apparent suicide marks are where the broken end of the fungo sliced his wrists. I need some pitching help!!! Our pitchers have gotten pretty good at the 58 footer and hitting the middle of the support for the backstop but the mitt has alluded them. This weekend, we made them pitch with their eyes closed...when do we let them look at the mitt. Tried to call Friday after hearing PJ hit a walk-off. BTW, some of us have to teach and don't have ALL day to reply. Did you see "chrome dome" REDSMAN this weekend?

The key to pitching is to use large muscle groups and try to throw the ball in such a way that it is on a slightly downward plane. If this is done, hitters will try to match that plane, thereby popping up to deep short. Yes, i did see the "chrome dome" this weekend. I'm a little disappointed you had to ask that - based on my last post. What about the assistant? Did you advise him to try aluminum to avoid further injury.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to pitching is to use large muscle groups and try to throw the ball in such a way that it is on a slightly downward plane. If this is done, hitters will try to match that plane, thereby popping up to deep short. Yes, i did see the "chrome dome" this weekend. I'm a little disappointed you had to ask that - based on my last post. What about the assistant? Did you advise him to try aluminum to avoid further injury.

Disagree on the hitting...swing down, hit a ground ball...they may make an error, bunt him to second, backside ground ball to third, pass ball or error and you have a run! Wrong assistant on my part. My former asst. lost two pints of blood in back to back games after sawing himself off and breaking two fungoes and hitting major arteries. Made his hair begin to thin, but not as bad as REDSMAN. I am a little slow on Mondays. When do you scrimmage next?

Disagree on the hitting...swing down, hit a ground ball...they may make an error, bunt him to second, backside ground ball to third, pass ball or error and you have a run! Wrong assistant on my part. My former asst. lost two pints of blood in back to back games after sawing himself off and breaking two fungoes and hitting major arteries. Made his hair begin to thin, but not as bad as REDSMAN. I am a little slow on Mondays. When do you scrimmage next?

wed. beech here

I understand that we have a celebrity, nay a baseball legend, amongst our posters in ccriders25. The validity of this claim has yet to be verified, thus my attempt to get comfirmation today via coacht.

As a pitcher, I understand that ccriders25 gave up some bombs, in the day, to some pretty famous people. A couple homers to one player that garnered all neighborhood selection, one homer to a kid who made The Dad's All City Team, and an All District selection from a 14 yr old in the farm league of The Dover Creek Community League.

Rumor has it your career was cut short due to a pinched nerve injury to the neck. There loss is our gain though! Me, I got released from baseball shortly after my 11 year old little league season! All politics :thumb:

Celebrity?? Hardly. However, you are correct regarding the bombs I gave up over my baseball career. I was asked not to return to the Claremore city league at age 11 after in consecutive outings, my 3rd baseman and 3rd base coach were nearly killed by line drives. By age 12 I was required by league rules to pitch behind an "L" screen. When I got to high school, the prinicpal changed school policy. He stopped out of school suspension. In its place, he made them play 3rd base when I pitched. Since high school I have made quite a profit from my pitching abilities. Several major league teams have requested me personally to throw BP to thier clubs. My business has tapered off lately though (legal problems). Seems that there is a lawsuit pending against Stienbrenner and the Yankees. Sheffield turned on one and killed an electrician working on the lights in left . :thumb:

Celebrity?? Hardly. However, you are correct regarding the bombs I gave up over my baseball career. I was asked not to return to the Claremore city league at age 11 after in consecutive outings, my 3rd baseman and 3rd base coach were nearly killed by line drives. By age 12 I was required by league rules to pitch behind an "L" screen. When I got to high school, the prinicpal changed school policy. He stopped out of school suspension. In its place, he made them play 3rd base when I pitched. Since high school I have made quite a profit from my pitching abilities. Several major league teams have requested me personally to throw BP to thier clubs. My business has tapered off lately though (legal problems). Seems that there is a lawsuit pending against Stienbrenner and the Yankees. Sheffield turned on one and killed an electrician working on the lights in left . :thumb:

In college, once ccrider got hired at a local store that carried a field drying agent, his only two jobs were to get coffee for the head coach and have the key available at 5:00 a.m. on rainy days. His coach was qouted " if it were not for cc's key, we would have lost a third of our games at home due to rainouts...what an asset."

In college, once ccrider got hired at a local store that carried a field drying agent, his only two jobs were to get coffee for the head coach and have the key available at 5:00 a.m. on rainy days. His coach was qouted " if it were not for cc's key, we would have lost a third of our games at home due to rainouts...what an asset."

No doubt cc is an asset, regardless of the team he is throwing too, but ..and I do not mean to brag, he has yet to be given the plunger to unstop the toliets. That is my honor and I will fight to the death to keep until the end of the season :thumb:

If you got one, better turn him into a 1b or OF. no LH catchers in the majors.

evidently you ain't seen this kid play... throw out all the rules here...... 1.6 pop, his awkward throw across his body style delivers the ball 6 -10" to the right of the bag and he can hit..... i once saw one of his lazers hit in the grass just behind the mound and trickle into no man's land. fast as lightning - ichiro can't keep up with this kid.... 3.9 i think, naa, that's his gpa. maybe it was 3.4.... anyway 3.4, 3.9 to first aint bad either way... E5 has seen him run- the fastest i seen him run was when he robbed the minute mart

evidently you ain't seen this kid play... throw out all the rules here...... 1.6 pop, his awkward throw across his body style delivers the ball 6 -10" to the right of the bag and he can hit..... i once saw one of his lazers hit in the grass just behind the mound and trickle into no man's land. fast as lightning - ichiro can't keep up with this kid.... 3.9 i think, naa, that's his gpa. maybe it was 3.4.... anyway 3.4, 3.9 to first aint bad either way... E5 has seen him run- the fastest i seen him run was when he robbed the minute mart

Good for him, but most college's will look to move him. What school is he at and is there schedule posted on coachT. I love to watch the really good players play.

I heard he is foregoing his senior year and graduated early to move on up, but I do not know for sure. I seen him in a summer showcase, I think he blocks the ball well, but throws back to the pitcher way to hard. Which is more uncommon... a blind ump or lefty catcher?

Edited by Slyder

I heard he is foregoing his senior year and graduated early to move on up, but I do not know for sure. I seen him in a summer showcase, I think he blocks the ball well, but throws back to the pitcher way to hard. Which is more uncommon... a blind ump or lefty catcher?

I agree on the blocking but does not always see the runner when the runner runs to his bad eye side. Best thing I saw him do this summer was turn a right-handed outfielder's glove inside out when his mitt broke. Caught the last two plus innings that way. REDSMAN had an amazing record when BAD EYE had the plate for his games. If not for him, his overall record would be mor worsterer than Bearcats.