Best Left-handed catcher in the state

jdmtpb

I tried to google search this kids name and team for the non believers. Someone more computer savy than I can probably find him. Him and his dad has requested patents from the government on a left handed fungo bat and a athletic cup/supporter for lefties. Brilliant idea I tell you!

The showcase I saw him in, the pitcher buried a 0-2 curve ball in the dirt for strike three. The batter took off to first base and the firstbasemen was not paying attention. HE RAN HIM DOWN AND TAGGED HIM OUT and preserved the out. Amazing, I figured him for an outfielder myself but heard he has night blindness?

Was he home schooled as a child? Did ccrider attend public schools?

Edited by Slyder

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to google search this kids name and team for the non believers. Someone more computer savy than I can probably find him. Him and his dad has requested patents from the government on a left handed fungo bat and a athletic cup/supporter for lefties. Brilliant idea I tell you!

The showcase I saw him in, the pitcher buried a 0-2 curve ball in the dirt for strike three. The batter took off to first base and the firstbasemen was not paying attention. HE RAN HIM DOWN AND TAGGED HIM OUT and preserved the out. Amazing, I figured him for an outfielder myself but heard he has night blindness?

Was he home schooled as a child? Did ccrider attend public schools?

I think his name is Cline, but really can't remember

i saw him run that guy down as well, amazing burst of speed

he's too fast to play at first and doesn't track the fly ball down great, but his speed makes up for it on most plays. If the sun is out it is tough on him cause of his bad eye. that's why catching is the best spot for him, never faces the sun

I think his name is Cline, but really can't remember

i saw him run that guy down as well, amazing burst of speed

he's too fast to play at first and doesn't track the fly ball down great, but his speed makes up for it on most plays. If the sun is out it is tough on him cause of his bad eye. that's why catching is the best spot for him, never faces the sun

I don't know Slyder from Adam's house cat, but I too saw him run the player down for the out. You must be on the up and up. I knew of his bad eye, but not the night blindness. That explains the thing on his mask that looks like the cameras the umps use on the Little League World Series. My guess is that it sheds more light so even night games look like day games.

He is a tremendous athlete and deserves any and all signing bonus he gets. Power from both sides of the plate, a career .430 hitter. I do not think he has as much backside power from the right side of the plate and he does the left side, but he can still hit. And you are right, he will catch. Pop time to good, receives the ball too well, cannon for an arm, regardless if he is lefthanded.

I am not trying to be mean, but he is not the most handsome person around. I heard that is the reason his dad put him behind the plate as a kid; and the other skills just developed. Do you know what professional sport his dad played?

Edited by Slyder

He is a tremendous athlete and deserves any and all signing bonus he gets. Power from both sides of the plate, a career .430 hitter. I do not think he has as much backside power from the right side of the plate and he does the left side, but he can still hit. And you are right, he will catch. Pop time to good, receives the ball too well, cannon for an arm, regardless if he is lefthanded.

I am not trying to be mean, but he is not the most handsome person around. I heard that is the reason his dad put him behind the plate as a kid; and the other skills just developed. Do you know what professional sport his dad played?

i'm not sure you can call it professional sports, but he did use to carry shine across the state line barefooted

A left handed catcher? I'll believe it when I see it!

Game Time...know one believed there would be a one handed pitcher in the bigs (Kyle Abbott), or a club footed kicker in the NFL (Tom Dempsey), or a 68 mph POWER pitcher in the Tennessee Penial League (ccrider25). Posters, including me, are interjectng too much humor into this subject, and causing people not to believe. Why can't there be a switching hitting, power hitting, gazel runnning, BB throwing, night blind, one eyed, awkward throwing left handed catcher? Why...especially when you consider the breeding he had. Look at his relatives for goodness sakes. And if Rawlings makes a special face mask that has high tech lighting for him to play...then they must believe as well.

And I don'y think Cline is his name...maybe Austin?

Game Time...know one believed there would be a one handed pitcher in the bigs (Kyle Abbott), or a club footed kicker in the NFL (Tom Dempsey), or a 68 mph POWER pitcher in the Tennessee Penial League (ccrider25). Posters, including me, are interjectng too much humor into this subject, and causing people not to believe. Why can't there be a switching hitting, power hitting, gazel runnning, BB throwing, night blind, one eyed, awkward throwing left handed catcher? Why...especially when you consider the breeding he had. Look at his relatives for goodness sakes. And if Rawlings makes a special face mask that has high tech lighting for him to play...then they must believe as well.

And I don'y think Cline is his name...maybe Austin?

"jim" abbott?? - and dont knock the 68 mph. ALL of the scouts used to tell me that I had a big league change.... but no fastball :lol:

Got both of you beat, I was recruited by three DI places out of high school, ARMY, NAVY, AND THE AIR FORCE. Also talked to scouts weekly, "Where's Anglin?", he was my roomie. I was a five tool prospect who was missed. I had the 150 ratchet set, a cordless power drill, a skil saw, chain saw, and a drill press. Go figure. ccrider, looks like rain, still got the key to the co-op?