Hampton defeats University High (66 - 57)!

BIG DAWG 71

Hampton upsets University High in single A tournament tonight 2/21/06

With big scoring for Hampton by Alex Ingram 19 points, Jon Lyons 20 points, Guy 9 points, Bobby James 7 points, and Justin Bently 4 points.

Now up for Hampton in the tourny is Cloudland at Chucky Doak High School

Friday night 8:30

Great Job Bulldogs Keep it up :D

Well Cloudland defeated Unaka last night by 7 Unaka lost one of its best all around players last week due to a broken shin against Volunteer so they will play University School on Friday.

Unaka has had its up's and has had its downs this year.They dont have a very strong core of players like they have had in the past both inside and outside.

When they have to go to there bench they are very young bringing in 2 freshman 2 sophmores and 1 junior but they do play hard and they do play good with what they got and the coaching is still tough even though they lost the head coach from last year and the other assistant to Milligan College. Coach Ensor does a really good job with his team though.

I can see them winning Friday night if they play hard but it will be a tough task because University School is very well coached and they shoot the ball very well.

If Unaka can get by Friday night then they will win the first game of the regionals because the other district is by far the worst it has been in years.I believe almost every team in the other region except for Hancock has a losing record but there has been alot of upsets around Tennessee right now so I wouldn't take nobody for granted.

If Unaka wins on Friday they will probably play someone like Hancock County or Washburn.If I was guessing all 4 teams from region 1A will end up playing each other once again dont know who will play who but you can probably bank on seeing another rematch between all 4 teams in the Watauga Valley Conference.

But hopefully everyone will have a safe trip down to Chuckey Doak this Friday and all teams will come out ready to play so we can see a good game between all 4 teams.

Best of luck to all :thumb:

Edited by 3Dgymnasium